|It is requested that an image or images be included in this article to improve its quality.|
Waterworld is a film about a world made completely of water. It was hailed as one of the most original American films of the 20th century. It was also the last movie Kevin Costner made before no one would hire him to star in a movie ever again.
Waterworld has been described as Mad Max on water. Since there are no cars, dust, Australians, Australian accents or acting in Waterworld, the comparison is lacking.
Pirates on top of super-charged nitrous injected jetskis scream down the blue highway of the Atlantic Ocean, engaging in spectacular on-seas battles to capture the world's last remaining abandoned oil tankers, for the precious "juice."
Somehow, a lot of ice melted, making the Earth's inhabitants abandon all types of regular society in just a day. Suddenly, people were floating around, building cheap flotillas and trying to find regular shit, such as dirt, paper and soup. Strangely enough, everyone on this dirtless planet is covered in dirt.
Plot and charactersEdit
- The Mariner, coincidentally played by Kevin Costner, was floating around on one of the fastest boats ever seen on this world. It was covered in armor and had lots of guns and traps all over it. He was also a mermaid or an alien or something since he had gills and webbed feet.
- Dr. Evil is the evil doctor who floats around on his big oil tanker looking for dirt and more smokes. His gang is called the Smokers but many have adopted strict anti-smoking pledges. In fact, you barely ever see ANYONE smoke. Since the good guys are good guys, they smoke a lot, since everyone knows smoking is good for you. VERY good for you. It makes you cool, and that's why everyone thinks "Dr. Evil" is "uncool".
- Annoying little girl who cannot quit graffitteeing shit is a very annoying little girl who cannot quit graffitteeing things. She has this weird tattoo map that "Dr. Evil" wants so he can use it to find the gold at the end of the rainbow. Did I mention she's an annoying little girl?
- Some chick is crucial to the plot as she is the token attractive female. Well, not really very attractive, and the only reason the Mariner doesn't kill her is because she puts out. Sometimes.
- Everyone else was hired so that there wouldn't be 5 people in a movie about water.
The Mariner gets mad after a yachting gang kills his family. Then he gets a tip from a totally unknown stranger who he had never, ever seen, which he - naturally - followed and went to a flotilla. There some unknown poor people wanted him to have sex with a hot Asian chick. He met a weird guy who flew a basket attached to an inflated scrotum.
The Mariner and aforementioned girls float around trying to escape Dr. Evil, and eventually blow up his nice "leisure yacht" and all his smokes, leading him into massive withdrawals, since no one else wants to give him smokes. After the credits he is seen travelling back to 1959 to start his plan of defeating Austin Powers. Kevin Bacon or whatever his name is in this movie (probably Mel Gibson or Kurt Russel) finds some Japanese land with a couple skeletons and dives back in the ocean, stranding people there since he sinks the boat by accident or something, ANYTHING to get this movie over with.