From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Yamibakura2007, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! This is a comedy wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). It pretends it's Wikipedia, but makes people laugh. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are many other projects, such as UnScripts, UnBooks, how-to guides, etc. (Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page.)
- What you can do
You can create your own article. First, under your own name (User:Yamibakura2007/An article), if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We also have a list of articles that need to be created.
In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
You certainly need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- And here are some pages that can help you with writing!
Writing funny articles
|Understanding Uncyclopedia: About us • Beginner's Guide • How to edit • Our projects • Getting ideas • Help menu|
|Understanding Funny: How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid • Funny and not just stupid images • Choosing words creatively|
|What to avoid: Vandalism • Cyberbullying • Writing about yourself or your pals • Drama • Overuse of initial quotations • Overuse of lists|
|What people have asked for: Articles • Pictures|
|Additional help: Get spelling/grammar help • Find or become a co-author • How to write an UnNews • Ask an Admin • Get feedback on your work|
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you.
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which will get replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here!