From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, WOGTOM2, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:WOGTOM2/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read it and tell you how to improve it.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!01:30 1-Apr-13
Hello and welcome! Unfortunately, your first few edits are giving me the impression you didn't come here to write funny stuff but to vent about wogs. For example, in Wogs, you have taken a lot of time to take a long list and make it longer, and presumably more complete and accurate; but my opinion is that none of this list helps the article's humor, so the right course is to blow the whole thing away.
Your edit to Adelaide is worse; it's a stereotype and it isn't particularly clever. Please don't write "WOGΣ" (or Leet) unless using a spray can of paint on a bridge abutment, which Uncyclopedia is not. Likewise at Arabic language. Could I get you to read How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, if you are really here for some other purpose than to act out? Thank you. 01:30 1-Apr-13
edit Adding to Infoboxes
This falls under the same category as adding items to a list. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't. We discourage lists around here because anybody can come along and add anything, more often unfunny than not, and usually detracting from the theme. If you are adding a new joke by adding to the infoboxes fine, otherwise, please leave them alone, we don't need them to get bloated with too much information. If you want to try your hand at a new article, you can start one in your userspace at User:WOGTOM2/Articletitle - we don't generally tag articles in your own userspace and almost anything goes except cyberbullying and spam. (Those still get deleted upon sight, with accompanying ban.) Please take some time to read HTBFANJS as well as the Beginner's Guide, those should help you get acquainted with how we do things around here. Enjoy writing (hopefully quality) satire! -- 07:35, April 1, 2013 (UTC)