From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I like kitty.
edit Talk To Me
Have something to say? Put it here.
Please put new stuff above Police Action, because everything goes above Police Action.
Thank you kindly. --UtarEmpire 14:48, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)
How did you know about the socks and pandas in 2006? I thought I was revealing that information for the very first time in the history of Holy Mutha Church this year! Sure, time travel explains it all, but you don't have Sheen's powers.....do you?
edit A WJU Wiki(a)
I was thinking whilst we here all love the WJU articles, it's obviouse that others do not, perhaps it's worth approaching wikia and asking for a WJU wiki which could have factual versions of your wonderful articles, for the fact fans to edit to their hearts content, in a sligthly post-modern manner they could even spork your original satirical articles to make their factual ones (NOTE: Elvis is not responsible for the collapsing of the universe for any actions carried out after his advice) Worth a shot?--The Right Honourable Maj Sir Elvis UmP KUN FIC MDA VFH Bur. CM and bars UGM F@H (Petition) 15:44, 28 September 2006 (UTC)
edit Wheeling Jesuit University
Hey Utar, Template:Infobox_University. -- 14:31, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Used; thank you kindly :) --UtarEmpire 14:43, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)
edit WJU and Me
Heck, I really don't care if they stay or go. I just interpretted those as Non-Notable/Vanity, as they returned few google results and had no counterpart in Wikipedia. It's a policy to delete such things...but I usually just tag 'em and go from there. Perhaps these pages could all be put under the WJU namespace rather than being articles of their own. I dunno...have you talked to other sysops about these pages? Strong Rad 01:24, 14 Jan 2006 (UTC)
edit Police Action
For sentimental value.
Jesus, man. Those pages are pretty good, too. I'm sorry about banning the other IP. All I saw was massive vandalism. I wish the pages could stay. What the hell. That sucks. --PantsMacKenzie 02:01, 22 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- This is one of the sadder things I have seen in a long time. As far as I can tell, while you wrote satire, there was nothing in it which would constitute slander. And that's about the only thing you could be held legally responsible for. If there was slander in some of the articles, it needed to be removed. However, if there wasn't, it is illegal to threaten your job based on a work of satire you might have created. Now I'm guessing that you have chosen not to fight this, but I worry that we've lost a nice part of Uncyclopedia due to someone trampling on your right to free speach.
- If I had a week to spare, I'd drive out and start a protest. Unfortunately I'm 2000 miles away, and working. If this really is a case of someone trampling your right to free speach, I would hope you could find some way to deal with it.
- In addition, by submitting your original content to Uncyclopedia, it is now considered licenced under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA licence. Meaning that, unless it contained outright slander, anyone can pull up copies of those pages and restore them, and they have no legal (IANAL, but AFAICT) connection to you. Now, it was my first instinct to do this. However, I don't want to cause you pain and suffering, so I'll let them lie for the moment. But I'm curious if this was a legal takedown notice. If it wasn't, what can we do for you? -- 21:06, 22 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- I understand where you're coming from, and no, the conditions made to me were not legal. Rather, they basically said that they would report me to other divisions on campus (who would else would care, I don't really know) and that they would fire me. Now, I guess I could have fought it, and of course there was never any slander in any of the articles whatsoever (unless you count likening the dean of student affairs to a giant, carnivorous fungus as slander), and I suppose my instincts told me to defer now, live to fight another day...or something like that. THAT being said, the people who told me to remove the articles have already seen that the pages are blank, and in the follow-up email I sent them this morning, I told them that I have no control over whether or not the articles go back up again (wiggle room for me here). Make of that what you will, but I would at least like to see the articles down till Sunday. :) I don't know what happens to pages when they're deleted, so...I dunno! I'm just a patsy! UtarEmpire
edit your welcome
i appreciate your appreciation for my idiot-ishness,as bush would say.Spov 00:17, 16 October 2006 (UTC)