From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Thanks: it's nice to be back, O Multinamed --UnLaw 22:11, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hey, UnLaw, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thanks for making an account here. Hopefully, you'll like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Anyway, here are a few good links for people like you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Our Vanity Policies - why we don't care about your friends
- How to be funny and not just stupid - a helpful guide to help your writing
If you want your pages to last, those are good places to learn the basics of how to do it. With enough practice, your page (yes, yours) could even make it to the front page!
When on talkpages or forums, please please please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date so we know who said what.
And finally, just have fun. It's why we're all here. Maintain a good attitude and you'll do well here. :)
If you need help, ask me on my talk page, ask at the Dump, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, the Uncyclopedian Adopt-a-Noob program is there to bring experienced editors straight to you. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. Again, welcome! —Pelozurian (talk) 05:43, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
edit Phil O'sophy on VFD
UnLaw: Welcome to VFD. Glad you tagged the article in question. Please put new entries at the top, sign your nomination, and don't try so hard to get the new template to look like the others on the page; it is transformed to look like them when you file the nomination and when voters sign in.22:13 27-Oct-10
- Spike, thank you for this info and for your agreement with the nomination --UnLaw 22:49, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
I note on my user page the American willingness to end a sentence with a preposition in the name of simplicity, but I did not do so here--and you are a Brit and edit my sentence to do exactly that! It's not worth reverting or even discussing (except that it's man-bites-dog), but I think I wrote it the old way to make it sound more delicate.02:17 6-Nov-10
- How about "with which you were entrusted"? Isn't that "the old way"? --UnLaw 16:31, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
I see, as well as rearranging the sentence, you were correcting the preposition used. Your wording is now installed in the article, thanks.21:11 6-Nov-10
- All good. Now, as a Brit I don't find anything odd about a preposition at the end of a sentence. Like, to me: "Reading is a nice place to go to" is normal, while "Reading is a nice place to which to go" is (if anything) humorous. Though I would need to ask a linguist whether a word at the end of a sentence can still be a pre-position. Maybe it is just something one has to put up with. --UnLaw 21:47, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
And it was a Brit who showed the absurdity of trying to "correct" that last one.22:00 6-Nov-10
I rolled you back on this one. As enumerated in my Change Summary, the language you added is more indirect, and thus less encyclopedic. And your addition, proposing a way for women to take a turn pwning men, while striking a blow for equality, pulls the punch. This part of the encyclopedia entry lives in a misogynistic world (hinting, as with the footnote, that it is unreal), which is funniest at full strength. 23:24 7-Nov-10
- I thought the "misogynistic world" needed a punch back, outside its own terms. Goodbye to Uncyclopedia. --UnLaw 09:30, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hi UnLaw. I read on your front page about resigning from this site. This is a broad range humour wiki but there is stuff here I don't like too. However the answer is to improve it,contribute better articles or nominate the really crap stuff to VFD. That is the real answer, wishing other contributors 'luck' isn't a great deal of help. Uncyclopedia may not be the best one out there but it certainly better than many others but it can only improve with new writers. So my advice is to think about what you have seen here and come back at a latter date. One easy way to see how this website is moving is go to the VFH and VFD pages. That should give you a reasonable measure about what goes well here and what doesn't. And if others don't like your opinions, stick to what you believe in and offer constructive suggestions if you can. Anyway it's your decision but don't delete the website password just yet. --RomArtus*Imperator ® (Orate) 16:43, November 9, 2010 (UTC)