From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, Theluseichronicler, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:Theluseichronicler/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Hello and welcome! This is a promising article on a subject we have ignored until now. I have deleted some excess vertical space and removed your boldfacing of the section headings. As I explained in the Change Summary, one goal is to have this look like other Uncyclopedia articles, not invent your own style.
Another point on which you must align with the rest of Uncyclopedia is not to have the page name be ALL CAPITALS. I will rename this page right now, to the name shown at the start of this section, and the OLD NAME will not work.
Sometimes on a new subject I consult Wikipedia (which we are in the business of ridiculing). I found a section there on the "rat flood" that was already pretty funny, and added it to your article.19:04 16-Aug-13
PS--Now a few words on your writing style. We are writing "encyclopedia articles," not free-form essays. Stating your conclusion in the first sentence ("Does it matter that the planet needs what it's got?") (also "Who cares?" later in the Intro) detracts from the resemblance to an encyclopedia article. Also, you must remember to write to an average reader throughout the English-speaking world, not fellow Mizo people or yourself. You sometimes are doing a better job of referencing well-known inside jokes than telling the joke to those of us who have never heard of the place. Finally, Chinks and Jews and so on isn't funny. If you want to stereotype a group of people, we don't mind, but make it be funny. A simple nickname, epithet, or claim that there are too many of them is neither funny enough nor understandable by those of us on the outside. We are all dealing with constantly shifting populations.19:08 16-Aug-13
- By request, I have looked over your changes to the article. The intro sentence does not make much sense to me. "A state within the United Kingdom of India, Mizoram was the result of incessant administrative upgradation before the introduction of Windows 95." How does this work? Which administration? Why Windows 95? And how does Windows 95 even fit into this, since it is not mentioned in the rest of the article? Later on, you mention that "the Ass people of the north decided to send aid in the form of rats". Who are these "Ass people". Are they asses, or is ass an abbreviation for something else? If they are asses, what makes them asses (other than the stupid decision to send rats)? Keep in mind the who, when, why, where and how when writing so that your article makes sense, and doesn't leave your reader wondering what exactly is going on (unless that is part of your comedic strategy, in which case typically the full information is revealed at the end). -- 21:54, August 18, 2013 (UTC)
edit Your article.
I am currently improving your first article that you have made. The earlier revisions had poor article quality and did not follow the HTBFANJS and the Beginner's Guide, so I had to take place on the article for further improvement. Have fun! Newman66 Visit my table here! Contributions My works 19:01, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Dear Theluseichronicler: User Newman66 is banned for 1 day for the above incivility. I did not revert his changes back to your version, but you can use the History tab at the top of the article to pick the best of his work, your work, and my contribution. If you wish to be an Uncyclopedian-in-good-faith, you will take the best material you can find regardless of who wrote it. 23:02 25-Aug-13