User talk:The TwaFFs
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, The TwaFFs, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:The TwaFFs/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!12:39 17-Aug-13
Hello and welcome! Your article, though it reveals you to be a fine writer, has a serious but soluble notability problem! You are writing for readers throughout the English-speaking world (including this one evidently on the other side of a problematic ocean) and the Intro should, as well as inducing us to read further, quickly tell us where the hell this place is! Also needs pix. Cheers! 12:39 17-Aug-13
PS--Looking at your other articles, it seems that you are applying your considerable talents to writing a story arc of a fictional personal universe. No matter how entertaining, it does not belong here, as this is a fake encyclopedia. Would you please focus on stuff that readers might actually search for in our encyclopedia?08:48 18-Aug-13
- I have had a look also. Seems to be what is designated as 'town cruft' where someone writes about a story so local that only the guy in the next street may know what you are on about. That is a shame as I can see you are a writer but stuff like this can end up as vanity and impossible to cross reference the humour. Since you appear to be based in Scotland, there are plenty of other Scottish subjects you could tackle but that is up to you. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 06:55, August 19, 2013 (UTC)