User talk:The Thinker/Archive 6
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
A further look, if you have the time
Hello, it's UU again, back like that irritating twinge in your left shoulder you're trying to ignore, but suspect you may need to speak to the doctor about.
I've pulled Down With That Sort Of Thing! into a shape I'm reasonably happy with, so I'm considering releasing it into the wild to fend for itself, and wondered if you'd take another minute or two to take another look first.
I've added an image I think is a bit better, given it an ending, tweaked the structure and so forth. I'm not sure if it needs some form of intro, or if it works launching straight in to the dialogue. I'm also wondering if I need another image (I can't find one of a stuffy man vibrating with the necessary indignation). And I also suspect you're right about it needing a name change. Problem is, I'm really attached to the name - it comes from Father Ted, a sitcom I love, and I can't bring myself to change it. If you're sure it will help the article, say so and I'll take that as the kick I need to move on from my attachment!
Finally, nice work with the Hell's Chicken Showdown article. I had absolutely no idea who Yanni was when I encountered it (although Google soon took care of that), but thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for a good laugh on a cloudy tuesday after a lovely, sunny long weekend! --Sir Under User (Hi, How Are You?) VFH KUN 12:29, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- Looks good to me man!! Very funny; set it free at your discretion. I like the new pic, and I hadn't realized it was spurn of Father Ted! I love that show as well! Should it be VFH'd, you've got my vote. ;) --THINKER 15:44, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- Much obliged to you. I have let it out of the pen and into the great wide open, as Tom Petty once said. *Sniff*, they grow up so fast! I'll have to make a shiny template sooner or later just so's you can be the first to have one! --Sir Under User (Hi, How Are You?) VFH KUN 18:08, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
|THEY TRIED TO PREVENT THIS ARTICLE FROM BEING FEATURED|
I've been thinking about the next phase of the project, the "Behind the Scenes with the Smiths" page. One of the original ideas you suggested was a section for "Cast and Crew Biographies." I was thinking it might be tricky making a cast and crew biography section that could stand on its own...Perhaps instead of making a sub-page devoted to cast and crew bios, we could blend biographical information right in to the documentary? I think that breif bios could fit in relatively seamlessly to a "behind the scenes" page. Whadya think? --THE 20:34, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- THE is back!! Yayz, I'm glad we're still pushing forward with this.
- I know this may sound a bit backwards, but for the Behind the Scenes with the Smiths, lets hold off for just a bit. No great length or anything; just enough time for us to finalize the edits on the deleted scenes and trailers. I'll get back on the deleted scenes, which I should've been doing in your absence (what a neglectful asshole). I think the trailers may be ready for approval as finished, but gotta double check on that. I should have my remaining edits done relatively soon, thereafter we can get moving on the Smiths doc. I just don't want to work like we usually do on that one (like getting the skeleton done and then filling in the details) -- I'd like us to build it full through, to keep it in line with other in-project pages like the original Sex Seafood doc. Let me know if this is a problem (and feel free to remind me regularly should my mind wander, as it is prone to do). --THINKER 04:34, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I definitely agree about writing the Smiths one the same way we wrote the original "Sex Seafood" article. And yeah, we can wait until we're finished the trailers and deleted scenes before moving on. I agree that the trailers are in pretty good shape, perhaps a few pictures would help, I might add some later today. And no rush on thinkerizing the deleted scenes, there's no due date on this :). --THE 16:12, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
- Hmmm... sounds like something I'd be into, though I don't know if I fully understand the concept. I'll read the forum topics on this and whatnot. --THINKER 04:34, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
|please accept this template both as a thank-you for voting on "Ode to the Monotony of Life" but also, in its own, small way, as a symbol of the monotony, general grayness, and eternal dull unchangingness of life, which somehow continues to go on despite many objections to it and people opting out of it, God knows why|
Just wanted to congratulate you on a well-earned Writer of the Month Award. Way to go THINKER! Sir Roger 02:27, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks so much Rog! I'll be making the rounds with personalized thank you tomorrow night I think, so look out for a nicely detailed one on your talk.
- PS - I really wish you'd write more. I can't think of an article of yours that I've read and not enjoyed. Quite the opposite. ;) --THINKER 06:52, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! See what you do when you're not getting laid?! YOU MAKE FUNNY LITTLE CARTOONS!!! :) --THINKER 04:23, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
- Pathetic, isn't it? - 04:33, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
Consider Your Penis...REMOVE'D!
And thanks for the nom, ya crazy! -03:29, 3 September 2007 (UTC)