From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, ThePartTimeGroucho, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If you want to find out what we're about then you can look through these links:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help Pages
- Our Vanity Policies - why we don't care about your friends
- How to be funny and not just stupid
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box.
Don't want to write anything? That's fine, some of our best users don't write articles. Want help writing something? Just ask. Most users here are more than happy to ramble incoherently about your articles or your ideas. If you aren't sure who to ask just choose an admin and ask them.
If you need help, advice or a fabulous garden strimmer then you can ask on my talk page and I'll get back to you as fast as I can. You can also look into the Uncyclopedian Adopt-a-Noob program and get paired up with an established editor.
Enjoy yourself and remember the rules, especially the first 3.
Hello and welcome to Uncyclopedia! As a new user, do be careful about taking a long list and making it longer. Now: Trading African Americans watermelon seeds? We don't care what races, religions, etc., you ridicule, but you've got to make it clever and not just old stereotypes. I believe I'm going to undo this edit (it's easier than editing "compton" to have a capital C) and let you think about adding something clever in its place. Cheers!23:23 30-Jan-13
Sir, you are changing things just to change them; and in particular, if you change something that is a
[[link]], it must be to a page that exists. With regrets, reverted again. 23:54 30-Jan-13
edit I am a negro
Just to show you that negroes have a soul, I tell you that I'm as black as the ace of spades, as dark as a moonless night, my eyes bulge out and my hair stands on end when I see a ghost, and my mammy makes the best chitlins on God's green earth. So please, sir, give my people a chance, if only for the littll ones. Thanks. Aleister 00:07 30-1-'13
Your edits are not coded correctly for an Uncyclopedia article, they rely heavily on long lists of one-liners, and every single edit goes further toward stirring up black-versus-white and Anglo-versus-Latino issues than it will toward making any reader laugh.
It is vital that you read our Guide, How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, before continuing.
PS--Aleister is not a negro, he is a Brit, and probably on Welfare.01:19 31-Jan-13
- ref. PS, Again, wrong on two out of three. Aleister 1:20 31-1-'13
That is a poser.01:49 31-Jan-13
- I was going to ask who the inspiration is for this article. Assuming YBC is a fiction, then I'd say this is based on a stereotype. If he's a “real” person, than the jokes about him are based upon a stereotype. Either way it's a fairly bland article, because it's the regurgitation of stereotypes. “Jews are cheap" style of jokes work when parodying the speaker (such as Cartman's jibes at Kyle make Cartman the butt of the joke). See Stereotype for an idea of how to make stereotypical jokes funny. Or UnDebate: Is it ever right to restrict freedom of speech? for that matter.
- If it's about the person, try and swing into more personally stupid stuff. (Although I have no examples if this being done well that spring to mind in this genre, Jerry Falwell is a good way to ridicule an individual.) Pup • Talkies • 03:42 31 Jan
edit Upon further review
I repeat a message to you on Puppy's talk page: Puppy knows what he's talking about. Regarding your friend Cruz, whom you describe on Puppy's page as "also-known-as Young boy cruzer," the general rule is: We don't care about your friends. See Uncyclopedia:Vanity policies. We don't want an Uncyclopedia article about your classmate, even if it is funny--and especially if it were mean, in which case we would delete it immediately as cyber-bullying. And your article is not funny, not to anyone in the English-speaking world who does not know Cruz. I will give you a chance to re-cast it so it is not about a specific person who is not a celebrity and whom no one knows, before I delete it. 23:25 8-Feb-13
- Spike has thrown you an olive branch. I respect his choice to do that, but I think he's misguided. The main reason being is that on every single edit you made and on this very page you've been asked to "Read How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid". We don't ask you to do that vainly - we expect you to read it and avoid looking stupid. Your complete avoidance of it has a nasty ring to it.
- How do I know you haven't read it? Simple. On my talk page you've said:
“... I also showed it to many of my friends, and they also found it funny... Me and my friends think this is very funny, and would hate to see it be deleted”
- In the article you have been asked repeatedly to read:
“Just 'cause it's funny to you and three of your friends doesn't make it funny to us. Most in-jokes are "had to be there" moments, or rely on several other situations/experiences to understand exactly what makes it funny. They're hard to explain, and fail to be humorous in a stand-alone situation.”
- In that same statement you said:
“I showed my friend, Cruz, A.K.A: "Young boy cruzer" this article...”
- And again:
“And while we're here, don't be vain. Articles written about your fanfic, or your story characters, or your goddamn story setting, WILL be deleted as a rule. So will articles about how much your school sucks, or how your town is a pisshole, or what an idiot your friend is.”
- So, taking that into account - I'd suggest that you have another option open to you. Start a blog. Have fun with your friends and your in-jokes in a forum that is designed for you to entertain your friends with the mundane details of your life. Don't add it here.
- If you want to continue editing here, fantastic! But when we suggest that you actually stop and think for a second prior to writing, we say it from experience. Three people have suggested you read HTBFANJS, along with it being all over the site - we ask you to do this because it's there to stop you putting energy into something that will be surely deleted, and to save you wasting your time. Pup • Talkies • 09:06 09 Feb
Hearing nothing in 24 hours, I have deleted it for the above reasons.23:57 9-Feb-13