From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Tepples, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Here are a few good links for n00bs:
- About Uncyclopedia
- Beginner's Guide
- The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- How to be funny and not just stupid
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages (Yeah, there's more.)
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or the use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or ask at the Dump. Again, welcome! --
Regarding deletion of a page you created
The page in question is "Desu", which you originally created as a disambiguation page. It was vandalized in the expected manner, and I tried to pretty up the vandalism instead of removing it. This activity was noticed by an administrator patrolling the recent changes. The page was deleted not because of the vandalism but because it was not funny enough. A Village Dump discussion is ongoing at Forum:A specific undeletion request. Note that despite the title of the topic, my request for undeletion or userfication has so far been denied.
If you wish to recreate the page, I suggest doing so in your userspace, trying to write something of slightly greater extent than the original disambig and possibly soliciting a Pee Review. Thank you. Pentium5dot1 01:41, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Cajek has suggested that blue links should not be removed from the requested articles list with any urgency, since the articles that are created might be of poor quality and need to go through the deletion processes. I realize that this doesn't really apply to the links you removed (e.g. Space Invaders), but I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the discussion. Pentium5dot1 01:17, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
BINGO! Adaptive Digital Pulse Code Modulation is a compression technique. You know what? Now there's absolutely NO REASON for Konami not to make a DDR mix for the Gameboy Advance.
Just to let you know.
Question about Checkpoint Charlie
I was wondering whether you might be able to fix the Russian text on the page, which doesn't match the Russian text on the actual sign. (I'm guessing this has something to do with the perfective vs. imperfective aspect of a verb, but I don't know any more about Russian grammar than that.) Or is Russian not adequately within your area of expertise? Thank you. Pentium5dot1 20:31, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
Just in case you haven't noticed, Bomb has been replaced with a disambiguation page due to a VFD discussion. Since you made several contributions to the article in its previous form, I am wondering whether you can think of anything else that should be added to the disambig. Thank you. --Pentium5dot1 00:25, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Problem with contact form on your website
I tried using your website's contact form a couple of times, but it didn't seem to work right. The first paragraph of the message explains the problem:
-beginning of copypasted message- (Original title was: What does Pin Eight mean?)
First of all, I apologize if this message is a duplicate; I already tried to send a similar message, but the form simply went blank when I clicked Send instead of displaying a confirmation. Please investigate this at your earliest convenience.
Anyway, your Uncyclopedia userpage adequately explains what "Tepples" means, but what about "Pin Eight"? Google results for "pin eight" (with the quotes) include the following:
- This site and discussion about it
- References to pin 8 of various integrated circuits, though none is really notable for its pin 8 in the same sense that the NES CIC is notable for its pin 4
- A financial report for a Japanese company named Pin Eight - I am aware that K.K. stands for kabushiki gaisha, not K.K. Slider. (URL omitted because a spam filter probably ate my previous post attempt)
- Incidental juxtapositions of these words
Which, if any, of these are relevant?
BTW: I noticed on the tetrisconcept forums that you are still using Nestopia 1.37; you might want to upgrade to 1.40. I am not actually registered for the tetrisconcept forums - I have a lot of schoolwork and not much serious interest in Tetris.
-end of copypasted message-
Could having my browser set to block third-party cookies be the cause? Or is there a security mechanism that fails when I take too long to write a message? --Pentium5dot1|t~^_^~c 20:46, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- Never mind. This message wasn't a good idea because (1) I should have been able to recognize the connection between "Pin Eight" and Pinocchio, (2) I would probably have gotten a better response on wikipedia:User talk:Damian Yerrick, and (3) Wikipedia is not a forum, and neither is Uncyclopedia. --Pentium5dot1|t~^_^~c 07:11, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Ideas regarding Zoop?
Zoop currently redirects to Soup. (It was apparently an Anonymous Coward who created the redirect. The redirect is not the aftermath of a deletion.) I'm wondering whether you might have any ideas for an actual article on the video game Zoop. --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 06:26, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
Since I'm not a big fan of watchlists...
In the future, can you please discuss with me before making edits like this? I fully agree with the edit and will not revert, but see the title of this section. I will explain my logic in more detail later when I have time. --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 04:29, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Clarification as promised: "I'm not a big fan of watchlists" because I check the Uncyclopedia website more frequently than the email address to which notifications are sent; it is not my main academic email. My top-level user and user talk pages are the only items on my watchlist, and only because I was unaware of the "E-mail me when my user talk page is changed" preference when I first joined Uncyc. As for why I wrote the links so inefficiently, I was being paranoid (about more than just Extension:SpamBlacklist) and did not have a logically valid justification. My understanding is that when one is editing another user's userspace, it is common courtesy to discuss with the user first. I do thank you for your cleanup efforts. --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 07:20, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
(outdent) While on the topic of Precious Moments: 1) Can you give me some examples of the Precious Moments storybooks you mentioned? 2) Do you know of any sources to prove or disprove my assertion that "Canonical Precious Moments artwork does not show the Precious Moments people consuming meat"? --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 08:01, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for your edit (although a note on some user talk page would have been nice). --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 08:17, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding your personal wiki
I intend to register on the Pin Eight wiki under the username Eighty5cacao within about 24 hours. (For an explanation of why I will be using a different username, see User:Pentium5dot1#Introduction and its corresponding footnotes.) As I have no major homebrew projects, my edits will focus on proofreading and on asking questions/giving opinions about your topics.
I am informing you of this in advance to ensure that I am not mistakenly blocked as a spambot.
If registration on the wiki is restricted, please reply at your earliest convenience specifying what other information you need from me. I will also use the contact form on your website. --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 03:29, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- In case you're watching the clock, my registration will need to wait until
tomorrow morningsometime later this evening, as I'm busy w/ other misc. things. --Pentium5dot1 t~^_^~c 17:18, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I saw it. You're OK. I don't bite. --Tepples 12:37, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
Forgot to sign
I just want to make sure you're aware that you've been reverted on Firefly here. I've noticed similar insta-reversions happen to you before at Template:Disambig (at which you completed BRD) and Edit history/Logs (where you didn't).
This is just a friendly note; it is in no way a comment on your editing skills, with which I am quite satisfied.
- Look, there's worse in life than an image with a pot background. :) Mattsnow 00:58, June 23, 2012 (UTC)