From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Szlovi, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Szlovi/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!22:37 29-Apr-13
Hello and welcome! Unfortunately, I undid your first edit. Whether Hitler or kittens, there is nothing you can simply type on the page that is funny by itself. We expect some actual work to make it fit or make it make sense. There are dozens of other tips like this in the guide mentioned above. Happy editing!22:37 29-Apr-13
Who uses "shalt"? And another thing: It is the "thou" form of the verb, and who uses "thou"? You can't really be from LaGrange.... 23:40 29-Apr-13
Thanks for generally good edits today! But on your changes to the above one, please go back and reread it and make some corrections!05:48 24-Jun-13
edit Capitalization in section heads
Hi! I reverted you at Hinduism. Your newspaper may have capital letters on every word (except prepositions and so on) in headings, but we don't, in section headings or page titles, in order to follow Wikipedia's page style. 00:04 26-Jun-13