From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Obvious Sock Puppet, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Here are a few good links for n00bs:
- About Uncyclopedia
- Beginner's Guide
- The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- How to be funny and not just stupid
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages (Yeah, there's more.)
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or the use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or ask at the Dump. Again, welcome! --
- We're welcoming sock puppets now? Crap. I've missed a few so far then. Hope I can remember the names... ugh... ~ T. (talk) 17:52, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hi there. I aspire to one day be as good an uncyclopedian as my sockpuppeteer. Let's just hope nobody finds out his super-secret identity! --SpangSock! 17:59, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
edit Decapitation and the New Search Interface
Given my inability to paste anything to your sockpuppeteer's page (If he's a Pierson's Puppeteer could you ask him where I could find info on used General Products hulls?) without it going to /dev/null, I thought I'd see if my message could be relayed from here.
As I attempted to search the image archives to find a suitable cover for one of this artist's albums, I discovered your nifty new search engine.
It cannnot seach by namespace unless it's metadata; there's a fuzzy seach that can't search by namespace either; the help points to a page that gives instructions on how to flail about aimlessly in the upload logs to try to find images and fail miserably. Using the 'use the old search' proves every bit as useful as the new system, unlike the actual old search.
As much as I don't like NRV (or is it just that I'm still grumpy about my first article being NRVed minutes after I posted the first iteration), is it possible to slap an NRV on the new search system?
-- Strangelv 14:06, 2 September 2006 (UTC)