From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Welcome! This is my mailbox. If you have any compliments or inquiries leave them below. If you are not here to bask in my glory then you are offending God and need to repent for your sinful ways. Goodbye and good day.
edit And welcome here!
Hello, SilverSpawn, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:SilverSpawn/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, How to be funny and not just stupid|this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Well done with the creation of your user and talk pages! Keep going with your work on Uncyclopedia and I hope that you will have some brilliant ideas concerning your future articles or anything you would like to create! Anton (talk) 10:28, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Hello and welcome! Yes, well done, except when someone creates his own talk page, we stop seeing a red-link and no one goes to welcome him. Happily, Anton was paying close attention and welcomed you. You are entitled to lay out the general terms for the use of your talk page, but keep in mind that we are a team of writers and you are the new arrival. It might be in your interest to have such a haughty intro. (And look up the difference between a complement and a compliment.) Anyway, happy editing! 14:18 11-Jul-13
Thanks for the greetings(and the Grammar on complement, lol). Right now I'm doing work on my laptop, but some time this weekend I'll get started on editing. Yours truly, SilverSpawn (talk) 22:32, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Fine, no rush! On the page you just created, we would put it at American grammar--neither Wikipedia nor this cheap imitation overdoes capital letters in page titles or section heads. You won't see a Move button for three or so days, as a new user; and I won't Move it on you because you might still be editing it under its old name. 00:26 12-Jul-13
- PS--You seem to have quit for the night, so I moved it (from American Grammar). 04:37 12-Jul-13
edit PLS edition of UnSignpost with extra poo
edit Interview for the UnSignpost
Journalist Anton: Hello, SilverSpawn and, again, welcome to Uncyclopedia! I would like to interview you for the next issue of the USP (if you respond, of course), so you have the right not to answer my questions before your lawyer comes! I heard that you joined us recently: but when was it exactly? Anton (talk) 10:03, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
SilverSpawn Hello, lieutenant! Well, I joined Uncyclopedia on the eleventh of July. Yours truly, SilverSpawn 22:37, July 11, 2013 (UTC) 00:56, August 1, 2013 (UTC)
I am going to give you multiple questions at the same time and you can answer (if you feel like it) them one by one.
J.A. And, to finish our interview, what do you think about the UnSignpost (your first action on Uncyclopedia was to subscribe yourself for it)? Thank you for answering our questions and see you soon! Anton (talk) 14:04, August 1, 2013 (UTC)
edit Sorry for the USP
I am sorry but the new format of the UnSignpost makes the content box and the edit buttons of the talk page disappear. Therefore, I am removing it for a while and will bring it back when these issues are fixed. But you can still read this issue at UnSignpost/20130810. Thank you for your patience! Anton (talk) 11:55, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
edit Problems, considering the UnSignpost
edit It is back!
edit UnSignpost - Delivered every [other] week!
edit UnSygnposte Delieverie
edit UnSignpost - Reporting from the Belgian Congo
edit When a single post can become a source for drama, a newspaper becomes a deadly weapon
Have fun reading it!
edit Constantly changing and
not evolving newspaper - the UnSignpost
edit Who said 'late'?
edit The last UnSignpost of the year
edit The first UnSignpost of the year
That time I was nearly caught reading the UnSignpost, so now I am delivering it to you! Have a nice time reading it! Anton (talk) 19:56, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
edit The UnSignpost is back from holiday
edit Have you forgotten about the UnSignpost's anniversary?
edit Ruddy Hell...it's Harry and the UnSignpost!
edit Here's a very special UnSignpost