From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Shadiac, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Anyway, here are a few good links for nooblets:
If you read anything at all, make it the above two links. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, try these:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or ask at the Dump. Again, welcome! --
Why don't you just rewrite the article if you think you can do better? I just maintain it & revert stupid contributions. As for me bein' a moron, you can add the administrators Codeine & Mhaille to your list. Check Codeine's edit & believe it should be redone under real famous Russians such as Ivan the Terrible & Peter the Great versus Ivan the Table & the like. I just recommend leavin' it the way it is until a rewrite has been complete and isn't full of random humour & stupid shite. And sign your post with the ~~~~ code & not by manually typin' it. 18:06, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
edit Edit Kombat? No thanks.
Alright, let's get one thing straight here. I'm not here to cause you trouble, nor am I here to get on you and beat you up over something. I dunno if this is going to make sense, but I'm going to try and explain this anyway, because, hey, what have I got to lose?
Enough with the formalities, I shall get to the point. I'm reverting your edits on the Mortal Kombat Character List for one reason and one reason only: There's already enough stupid sexual and random humor as it is. I'm simply trying to make sure that it doesn't get too tasteless and random to maintain a proper balance here, at least until some more interesting edits come along and improve the article even further. I've already had to deal with this kind of garbage many, many times before, all of it just as tasteless as what you have been doing (No offense).
I have no desire to get into an edit war with you, but I would like for you to understand that there is such a thing as going too far with a certain sense of humor and after a while, when it becomes a constant theme for far too long it gets stale and boring, especially if you try to increase it or it's already bad and tasteless.
Sorry for this long ramble, but I'm just trying to explain the situation here. -- Hanyouman 23:47, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- Rewrite as you want, but I recommend some of the ones that really need it... like, saaaaaaay... Dairou, Mileena or Hsu Hao, for a few examples. Half of them already don't need too drastic of changes, but whatever. Just giving you fair advice. :)
- BTW, A sense of humor's like a child: it needs to grow with experience. :3 Even I'm trying to polish my own skills. Again, just a little advice, not trying to start anything. ^^ -- Hanyouman 21:13, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
I said it in the edit summary and will repeat it here; the edits made to the Dmitry Medvedev article does not fit in with what is already there. You'll find instructions along these lines in HTBFANJS. An article should have one central purpose and read as if it has been written by one author. That's not to say it has to actually be written by one person alone, merely that it has to have a consistency in tone and content.
So, let's see what was already there. The existing article was a satire on Medvedev's position as a puppet president, with further references to the unfairness of the Russian political system. There is also a bit about how western reporters naively thought he might develop a mind of his own.
You added a section about Medvedev and a cross-dressing Putin violently fucking each other in a public toilet.
The other two paragraphs are less bad, I'll give you that, but I don't like the idea of writing "You shouldn't bother reading this" at the start of the article. The third paragraph is rambling and hard to understand. How Putin came to power and helped Medvedev during the time when Yeltsin was in power is confusing, as is the bit about Nazis. Finally, the picture. I don't get it. He has a T-shirt on and is holding a skull and a bunny. What has that got to do with anything?
The IP edit said he is the online president. There's no such thing and there's no explanation to back up the joke. There's nothing in the article to explain what an online president is or how this differs from a normal president. It's just random nonsense.
So there you go. --13:37, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- I've moved the whole Medvedev conversation to the Medvedev talk page, as well as adding a response. If you want to say something else, I suggest you do it there. It's on my watchlist. -- 12:28, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
I find your criticism annoying and your attempt to wrangle some kind of 'policy scenario' where you could add crap to the article which was featured with minimal objection pretty low. Seriously maybe find somewhere where the contributors are not all retards and have no life or sense of humour are all absent for you. I'm not being snotty, but you seem in most if not all ways to be at odds with people here on your brief sprees when you come here. For the record I am not an American.--12:45, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- There is no point to answer me in here. If it's about France, then let's go to the right page. And if you really think that I'm going to care about you thinking that I'm a bad user, then you're way lower than me, Sycamore. I still think that the way users rewrite pages today is not funny at all because the criteria have grown too strict. But in fact... I don't care. I never go around showing off my contribs to the world. I don't even care if they ban me. Lol... I'm all spiritual, see =)
- So ya have fun and believe me, it's not you who's going to get the last word. Shadiac 05:44, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well... someone else added the bitchy template on your userpage and not myself if that makes you feel better. The France article is in pretty good shape without your help here. I understand that times have changed and there is a greater emphasis on creating higher quality pages here. I don't think that this is a bad thing, as do most people. There are other wikis where the emphasis is different, like ?pedia etc which offer pretty funny stuff. This isn't about having the last word, this is about constructive criticism - which you haven't given, and its somewhat annoying to have somebody dishing it out about an article which I spent time and effort to complete.-- 11:27, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Welcome back! Please do not delete the record (above) of past conversations.
The article Ukraine is a Featured Article (voted to our main page) and is presumed not to need a new infusion of comedy. Also, initial quotations are usually not an infusion of comedy at all, especially when they hump old jokes like Russian Reversal, especially repeatedly, and also when they do nothing but call for the list to be extended. Cheers! 22:37 9-Oct-15