From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
|LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (and Uncyclopedians) please note there is a new procedure for asking for a name change.
1. Read this.
If 5c, then please use Special:Contact to get the attention of me or one of my colleagues.
Note that I won't necessarily see messages here if you haven't done step 2. Please me sure to message me on Community Central first. (It's also worth saying that it's safer to leave other messages there too... Uncyclopedia's separate user database means that I don't get notifications of messages here when I'm on other wikis).
If I've deleted a request, and you still want the change, please follow the above. This time I'll sort it, promise!
Thanks -- sannse (talk) 04:24, November 6, 2012 (UTC)
While you are here, I have a question for you
I'm not sure if this is an uncyc issue or a wikia thing, so I thought I'd ask. The search bar in the corner, it used to be that if you typed in a username in the search, (ie user:"fillintheblank") it would take you to the user page. Now, I've found that when you do that, if there is an article that is similar in title to the userpage, it automatically takes you to the article instead. The example I'm seeing, is user:Diane. When you type that in search, instead of taking it to the userpage, even clicking on the dropdown takes you directly to an article. Did wikia change the way the search bar works a while back, or is this just some weird bug? It's Mrthejazz... a case not yet solved. 03:06, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Humm... we've changed parts of it a while back, but not that part. I think it needs looking at by someone with a better knowledge of the search work than I have. Please can you use Special:Contact to send in a bug report? Thanks -- sannse (talk) 22:46, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, I had a second unrelated question. Is it possible to reskin a userpage without it effecting the whole of uncyc? (You know for cosmetic reasons?) I want to be able to change the table on the left with the links for the reskin. Just curious if its possible and how. It's Mrthejazz... a case not yet solved. 16:13, October 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, it's possible... but how exactly it's done is beyond me I'm afraid. I know that you need to adjust the css and possibly the js, and that will be using the MediaWiki pages for those.... but that's about the limits for me. I'd suggest you ask whoever is the wiki's current css/js guru. Or, if you don't have one at the moment, you could try Community Central's forums or the Monobook Wiki. -- sannse (talk) 21:01, October 15, 2012 (UTC)
Is there any way I can talk with you directly (not publically). It has nothing to do with any polemics or conflict...theres just a specific question I have. --02:41, October 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Sure, the easiest way is to send an email via Special:Contact with my name in the subject. You can also sometimes find me on Freenode IRC under this name, usually in the evenings San Francisco time. /whois to see if I'm online. I'm also on Skype if you use that, we have a public channel there and you can PM... let me know your Skype name and I'll add you. Finally, you can go to Community Central and join the chat there. If I'm not online, there may be another staff member or volunteer who can tell me someone is looking for me. That chat has a private message function too. Hope that helps -- sannse (talk) 21:01, October 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Sannse. I would want to rename my account from "Bhenry2009" to "Bhenry1990". I registered Bhenry1990 as Wikia Account when i created an account at 伪基百科. Then I cannot register Bhenry1990 here. I wish my english uncyclopedia username were same as my Wikia username and other launguage uncyclopedias'. I left a message this June. But You were not here.--Bhenry2009 (talk) 18:42, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, you're done. Enjoy the extra decade -- sannse (talk) 23:58, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
Hi there, could you please perform a checkuser on User:Hipster? We believe he is User:another_n00b and want to find out if this is true. Thank you :) || Airman Yrtneg is a Pastafarian Swiss cheese. 15:08, November 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Yrtneg. Typically on admins are allowed to make checkuser requests. Also, since Hipster publicly confessed to being Another n00b there really isn't any doubt as far as I know that he is him. He has been given some restrictions but is otherwise free to remain a part of our community. -- 19:21, November 18, 2012 (UTC)