From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Archive1, *Archive2,
- Archive13, *Archive14
- Archive 25,*Archive 26
- Archive 27,
This strikes me not as humor but as allegory. The other UnNews, by Anon, seems like an essay against Islam whose only humor strategy is slight exaggeration; I deleted that one and asked Anon to register and get help to repair it.11:44 12-Apr-16
- Uhmm not really an allegory (I couldn't be plainer). I often like to re-write famous stories and turn them current. Oh. I would have kept the anon's news article. I think that had a lot of promise, hence looking for better illustrations. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 12:18, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
It starts with a story, from Pakistan Today, that women's rights are horribly abused in Saudi Arabia, and makes the point that women's rights are horribly abused in Saudi Arabia, mostly adding commentary about that fact. The source is begging for an UnNews, but the actual UnNews has "promise" only if a real comedy theme were breathed into it. Feel free to undelete it if you see how to take it the rest of the way.15:25 12-Apr-16
PS--Nothing at all about the prohibition on playing chess in the kingdom....15:36 12-Apr-16
- I think the article was fine enough. Took me about 20 mins to think of images to illustrate it! May be it has all the problems you mention but it was riffing off a real news story which I doubt we would have covered ourselves. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 16:11, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
All right, it is back as UnNews:Saudi Arabia promotes driver safety. 16:54 12-Apr-16
Have renamed yours to simplify the headline a little. It is still problematic, as the main-page reader is not desperate for news on Long John Silver; that is, it isn't clear from the headline what the UnNews is about. Even from the story until one decodes it.17:45 12-Apr-16
purge bug is back. 17:47 12-Apr-16
edit Trump says bruising golf course fight in Scotland prepped him to be U.S. president
Reminds me of an UnNews you wrote some months ago.
- Dominic Hinde "Trump says bruising golf course fight in Scotland prepped him to be U.S. president". Washington Times, April 12, 2016
Also, a touch-and-go darts match gave him the skills to manage the nuclear arsenal.20:56 12-Apr-16
edit UnScripts:The West Wing Season 1 Episode 20: The Bridge Between Our Noses
Hey, thanks for noticing my pending script. I took a look at the existing article on The West Wing and I agree it's awfully light. You suggested I create a humor-based article on the TV series. If I decide to do this (which I may not, as I don't know much about the show beyond the first couple of seasons), do you propose I completely rewrite the page and give it a makeover, or that I just edit it to make it a little bit funnier? And by the way, I agree with your observation. I'll add some pictures from the show. Any other counsel is welcome.
Thanks!--Makefolkslaugh ([[User [The user FORMERLY known as ]:Makefolkslaugh|talk]]) 17:46, April 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I watched the entire TV series some time ago. I haven't re-watched it since then so may need a 'refresher'. I think a re-write is possible only if you have decided a 'take' on a particular show. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 06:11, April 19, 2016 (UTC)
edit 2016 Springtime contest judging
Draketo edited the interwiki from this article to the Latin Uncyclopedia. It linked to a redirect and he made it link to the actual article. However, the actual article is three sentences and more insult than humor. Draketo's edit should either be restored or else the interwiki line should be removed entirely. By the way, Draketo also added the interwiki to the Spanish Uncyclopedia. 13:22 27-Apr-16
- That's fine, I wasn't aware that he had done that. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 12:49, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
A Muslim mayor for London? Is it your turn to write an UnNews?09:57 7-May-16
- The Wrath of Khan. He's small, looks like George Clooney (silver hair) and his dad was a bus driver. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 14:18, May 7, 2016 (UTC)
edit The Queen in China
I just heard that someone on Chinese social media replied to the Queen's complaint about her recent treatment. "Yes, we're rude, but we're very rich." Who do they think they are, Americans???14:18 12-May-16
Hey. I've been trying to rewrite this article to appeal to a more general audience, because my original draft was too specific to the TV show I'm parodying. I've run into writer's block. What can I do to help flush out some more ideas?
Thanks!-- [The user formerly known as Makefolkslaugh] 22:06, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- I read the article, I thought the best approach was the Martin Sheen/Charlie Sheen angle. The other bit I am not sure about as you would need to know the tv series to get the joke. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 14:08, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
Hi; do you feel like reading more really crappy articles? Shrewvomit at least deserves a push to go where the others went; Vinylrecordprotectress made a good case that the original Skye article should be saved but the knock-offs should go. You said at VFD that Dog seemed featureworthy; if you would do the honors, we can cast shameless self-votes instead of a shameless self-nom. EStop seems to be taking one of those unannounced shore leaves.
Irritable of contents has done yeoman's work at ferreting out awful pages, less so in dropping names from his comic-book world into pages where they don't belong. Also a vandal evidently motivated by my site notice, though the teacher from Ciudad Victoria at whom it was aimed may have gotten the message.
Wolvy was on the site twice nightly about a week ago; not since. And a couple days of smelly Slough just ended with a flurry of new Uncyclopedians writing about Penis and about who is a jerk at the Renaissance School. There is nothing at Reddit to explain it; perhaps there was a call at 4chan for everyone to leave there and spend the evening here.13:45 24-May-16