From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, PlanF, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:PlanF/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, How to be funny and not just stupid|this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Hello and welcome! I have moved your new article to your userspace, where you can continue editing it at the name shown above. It is not a real UnNews (a fake "news article") and is not yet ready for the encyclopedia either, as it is not long enough and has no photos. Happy editing!00:16 16-Dec-13
Please use the address shown above, not the intermediate one I moved it to by mistake. I have copied your changes to the article named above.00:44 16-Dec-13
This article just doesn't have enough content to remain in mainspace. I added some headers and content to it, which you can take or leave, (generally full articles do have multiple headers), but it still didn't seem complete, and I don't know enough about the program (besides what is on Wikipedia) to fill out the article into a completed work. Now that it is in your userspace, you can take as long as you like to work on it: the alternative would have been to leave it in the mainspace but put a construction or an ICU tag on it, which would have given the article a seven day life if left unedited. -- 07:38, August 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I see you originally tried to put this article at Uncyclopedia:Virtual DJ. The problem with this is that the Uncyclopedia namespace is primarily used for policy pages. Next time you try to move an article from userspace to mainspace, choose Main in the first box. Also, since you are new here, have an admin look over the page first to determine whether the page is ready for mainspace or whether it is still ICU or QVFD quality. -- 07:56, August 15, 2014 (UTC)