User talk:Phrage/UnNews:Israel Withdrawing to 1948 Borders
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- discussion and criticism welcomed - i would like to stick in some photos of gay arabs in lycra and some hassidic jews hanging wallpaper -anyone happen to have those ? 05:34, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
edit Images + Formatting
Those images at the bottom are from other websites? Yes? What you need to do, is download them and then upload them here. And then link to them properly. However, that is far too many images for an article of this length, I'm afraid. You probably only need two (three at a stretch). You add captions like this: [[Image:YourImageName.jpg|thumb|Your caption here]]. Nice and simple. Also, you can do this to pput the image on the left or right: [[Image:YourImageName.jpg|thumb|right|Your caption here]]. Hope this helps. — [22:08 24 August 2010]
- Thanks Yettie.I am new at playing with pictures.I do not know where on my own computer to download the jpg files to> Neither iphoto nor preview seem to want them.Powerpoint? Remedial -yes I know.
Which of the photos do you think I should keep ? Did you think the piece funny ? Would not it make sense to offer the UN news gatekeeper of the day/admin/editor a selection of photos? i suppose we are all editors yeah yeah. I want to put stars of david on the carpenters hats as they are exactly the same shade of blue. Would Jesus work better as the carpenter ? - I don't mean would he make more wooden things.
- For any image requests, ask here. I don't know which pictures you should keep cause I only had a chance to skim read the article, I'm afraid. However, I know you probably only need one of the three at the bottom. When I say download, I mean download anywhere on your computer and then upload them. So all you need to do is save the picture to your desktop (no applications need to come into it). From the sounds of your applications you have a mac. So this is what you should do. Go to the address (URL) of the image and right click and then select "Save Image As..." and then select where you want to save the image. Then go to the upload page and select the file you just saved to your computer for upload to Uncyclopedia. — [09:05 25 August 2010]
edit Signing Stories
Don't sign your stories here just link them to your page in a list. As it is a site anyone can edit, normally no one can sign their stories as that indicates ownership. What happens normally is if the original or main author of a page doesn't like changes, they can revert an edit. If you check on all the stories here - in main space and in the UnNews section, no one signs them off. --RomArtus*Imperator ® (Orate) 06:36, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Gratias Romartus.Ea virtuti resonat tamquam imago.I like some of your edits but some others like the King of Jordan named versus the King of Palestine I am not sure about. Having Sarah Palin give her husbands surname in a quote is unnatural,I think and the same for Ahmadinejad giving the Ayatollah's full title and name.
- In a news report you can put single square brackets around a name so that others will know who this Todd is. Regards the King of Palestine, there isn't one so I put in the real King of Jordan instead. The President of the Palestinian Authority is Mahmoud Abbas. Perhaps that would be preferable. My own view is I use the real people (or cartoon/literary/historical/etc characters like my Tigger Woods stories) and then create an unreal situation. Also - you should sign all comments. --RomArtus*Imperator ® (Orate) 09:12, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Someone else added the surnames. I liked King of Palestine as another ingredient of this unlikely fantasy scenario.--18.104.22.168 00:30, November 4, 2010 (UTC)