From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Phil2947, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Phil2947/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read it and tell you how to improve it.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!13:53 19-Apr-13
[From User talk:SPIKE:] Hi Spike! I'm new on Uncyclopedia and I want to know if I'm on the right road to start my page. Please see my page by searching: PSY.
P.S: I edited the photo in the Taxobox ;)
- Hello and welcome! I got your message on my talk page. (See above for instructions on posting to talk pages, such as how to do signatures.) Regarding this article, I don't see an article there; only an Infobox. If you indeed Shooped the illustration, this is a capability we are always needing and I hope you will take requests from other Uncyclopedians to Shoop their photos. I do think there is too much meme-based humor on this Infobox: the belief that by just putting Kim or lesbian on the page you have scored humor points. What we are looking for are articles with a theme, a humor strategy, that tell a funny story in prose but look exactly like Wikipedia articles. 13:53 19-Apr-13