From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Peaches89, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but makes people laugh. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are many other projects, such as UnScripts, UnLyrics, how-to guides, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. First, under your own name (User:Peaches89/An article), if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We also have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, there is a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing complete pages; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
You certainly need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, this guide will tell you whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you.
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which will get replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Welcome back! Your previous edits were reverted by Anton199, who told you in the Change Summary that your links were less relevant than the old ones were, even if they are funny to you. Sending a user somewhere he doesn't want to go when he clicks on a link is not a joke, it is a prank, and you laugh, and the reader does not. Please read How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, which explains how to be funny.
In addition, do not say this person or that person is gay, unless there is some funny point to doing so, funny here meaning more than the fun of calling people names.01:49 10-Dec-14
In addition, "Unusually intelligent, for an Italian." is not humor either, but a drive-by insult.19:12 11-Dec-14