From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, NahteKavlozs, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:NahteKavlozs/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Thanks for the clean-up and the tighter phrasing here! On The Great Unlicensed Contractor Rebellion, please note that (to imitate Wikipedia) we don't use excess capital letters in section heads or page names. I assume these are justified because it is the name of a Rebellion, but other editors have made mistakes in the titles of other sections. Also, you have "its" once where you mean it is (it's). Contractions (such as "he'd") might not look as "encyclopedic" as it would to spell them out, and nonsense numbers and swears don't look encyclopedic at all, so when you see one, ask whether it's really funny and be willing to rip it out. Cheers!01:15 18-Jan-14
Pro tip: Read above under "How to post to talk pages." As you can see, we chimpanzees behind the scenes review all activity on the log, because we do get our share of vandals. I have given you
autopatrolled so your edits don't get flagged in the log as possible vandalism. However, to make the patrol easier, you can click on Preview to see how your edits will look, then continue editing and click on Save only when you reach a major stopping point. 01:56 18-Jan-14
I hate this page! It is a provocative piece of personal fiction--America as though it had lost the Revolutionary War--but it is not at all funny (someone agrees at its Discussion page), and thus doesn't belong on our website! Before you spend a lot more time on it, I intend to ask two of our major British users tomorrow whether they agree.02:18 18-Jan-14
PS--I did ask; ScottPat says he will try to make the article actually funny, and Admin Romartus checked and it doesn't seem to be a copy of something existing elsewhere, though the same theme has been explored elsewhere. So I won't move to have it deleted.
Thanks for creating a user page, as your name will no longer appear as a red-link on the wiki. Regarding liking to proofread, this is as rare and wonderful as finding a domestic partner who likes to mop the floors! You might add your name to our Proofreading Service. By the way, we can see every page on your watchlist. Disable this flagrant violation of your privacy by clicking on My preferences and switching it off. 18:29 18-Jan-14
Yeah, looks good.19:23 19-Jan-14 I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIS TIME I AM STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: HowToBasic is that guy with the eggs on youtube. NahteKavlozs (talk) 03:49, March 9, 2014 (UTC)