From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, Mitch01, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If you want to find out what we're about then you can look through these links:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help Pages
- Our Vanity Policies - why we don't care about your friends
- How to be funny and not just stupid
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box.
Don't want to write anything? That's fine, some of our best users don't write articles. Want help writing something? Just ask. Most users here are more than happy to ramble incoherently about your articles or your ideas. If you aren't sure who to ask just choose an admin and ask them.
If you need help, advice or a rotating garden gnome, then you can ask on my talk page and I'll get back to you as fast as I can. You can also look into the Uncyclopedian Adopt-a-Noob program and get paired up with an established editor.
Enjoy yourself and remember the rules, especially the first 3.
Hello and welcome! Unfortunately, this article is deleted. If you create it again, please call it User:Mitch01/Surveys and we will move it into the main encyclopedia when it is complete. Please do not use mainspace to plant ideas and SHOUT at other Uncyclopedians to finish them. When you meet a few, many will be happy to collaborate. However, your personal rage against surveys isn't funny enough, unless the writing is very clever. Welcome again, and happy editing! 10:51 5-May-13
Good edits here!
- Previous editors thought it was funny to call something "gay" but we like any gay-bashing to be done cleverly and have a comedy point. (The article still does this in other places.)
- Regarding "moustache," we are edited by British and Americans. Our only rule on which spelling to use is to try to be appropriate to the subject, but there are vegetables there and here. Apart from that, if someone has created an article with British spelling, I would follow their lead.
- Rather than polish up long lists of one-liners, consider rewriting them completely as a real, funny paragraph. Polished lists tend to be visited overnight by anonymous editors and quickly become unpolished.
Thanks for the clean-up work!11:31 5-May-13
I undid some other of your edits. If you read a paragraph and think of a snappy retort, that's not enough; an addition has to be fit into what the previous editors were doing in the paragraphs. And never refer to yourself in an article (though the line that this replaced wasn't all that great either). Frosty is still listed as an adopter but he is not that active and I don't think he takes young noobs under his wing. Romartus might. He wrote to you (above) on the correct way to sign when you post to someone's talk page.12:37 5-May-13
I read your adoption appeal on Frosty's page and I am willing to adopt you if you want however (reading Spike's comments) I think Romartus would be a better choice as he is more experienced than me. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 16:52, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
edit 2 questions
- Because we undo some of his edits? Surprise, that's not just Admins but any Uncyclopedian with an alternate view. Writing at a wiki means you are never alone. 09:20 6-May-13