From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello. I need help from someone with admin powers, or at least knows where to find the people who have the tools to stop this thing. Basically, User:Big Boss 0 came over from Wikipedia, and says that he stumbled upon a user that had vandalized his page before. I think that he tracked him down, but that's beside the point. Before he started leaving the user alone, he got User:Big Boss 1 blocked, and created User:Solidus Snake 2.1, who's block log I haven't examined. He just told me on Wikipedia that he has created a 4th account, and has an "informant" over here who will give him the heads up on planned attacks on Wikipedia. In case you haven't figured it out already, we are clearly dealing with someone very immature. He is trying to play some sort of spy game, IMO. The reason that I have contacted you is that I would like you to figure out his IP address and block it for a long period of time. I don't know how the power is distributed over here, so I don't know who possesses CheckUser rights, or if anyone does. However, if you hold these powers, I would like you to block this troll's IP, as he is playing a game that annoys legitimate Uncyclopedians over here, and has repercussions on the Wikipedians my side of the fence. I have come here simply to put an end to his worst ideas. He needs an effective block, and soon. If you don't posses CheckUser powers, then could you please pass this on to someone who does? If no one does, then please let me know so that I can be aware of exactly where the situation is. Thanks ahead of time, The Hybrid 03:05, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
I was in the process of writing a completed version to fully replace the original based on the "master of ceremonies" theme. I am not the only one, I posted something on the talk page first and it was actually another person who took the initiative. Closing it was quite the asshole move.
- The article there is quite a self-contained one, which your edits seem out of sync with. I'd suggest writing a seperate article under MC Escher, as that is currently not used, and would fit in better with your suggestion. --
|Atomic Disturbance would like to thank you for voting for |
UnNews:Boy subjected to harsh criticism, cries like little girl.
The Power Is Yours!
- Well looky there. Anyway, if you had voted the first time it still wouldn't have been featured, so the delayed reaction was pretty good, acctually. Also, I request that you make a new archive. Your talk page accounts for 90% of the wear and tear on my mouse wheel. -- 19:49, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
I wrote another Uncyclopedia article.
By the way, what was "big.png" an image of?--Metropolis 19:55, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
sorry about that, it's late and I f'ed it up, hope it can be fix without to much trouble. --Smokes 08:58, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, don't worry about it. I reverted it as soon as I saw it. :) Lots of people do it..... --
Hello fellow UKer. I noticed that you are one of the master Potatochoppers and I’ve just joined the Potatochoppers’ guild as an apprentice. Could I have your opinions on some of my personally created images? Are these the right style for Uncyclopedia? Any suggestions on how they could be made better/ more suitable for the site? Weri long wang 17:26, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think there is, or at least hope there isn't, an Uncyclopedian "Style" for images, just as with articles. Think we cover a lot of ground and appeal to a wide variation in tastes, which is as it should be. I've actually had a look at some of your images before, and I'd say the only real place you need to think about improving is in the quality of your edits. The ideas are all there, which is usually the hardest part, its just the little details that often make all the difference.
- For a few examples...the FalwellReading.jpg image might work as its such an obvious photochop, but to me the head is so clearly stretched that the quality level drops. That might be intentional though! :) The Boris/Whitehouse image is better, but you could have dropped the brightness levels and made the head fit in better with the lighting of the original image. On the Bin Laden/Richard Dawkins image you could make the book look far more as though it is part of the original TV screenshot (though the image size might make the text difficult to read).
- Overall I'd say just keep doing what you are doing, and never stop trying to learn new stuff. Having the ideas is always the hardest part, if you can add a few new techniques to improve your photoshopping you'll be on to a winner! :) --
- I do seem to be having a lot of trouble placing heads on people realistically. I'm working on mixing images together at the moment. I’ve still got the original image of the girl reading the book (the God Delusion now) without a head  if you’d like to put an appropriate head on (Bin Laden, Robertson, Falwell etc) The imprinting of front and rear covers to the book is pretty realistic though. Weri long wang 19:10, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
- Its something that is worth practicing. Have a look at the difference between this image and the original here []. Until you look at both images and see where and how I blended Christopher Lee's features into the image you don't notice how subtle you can be. If you look at this one you can see how I duplicated the heads into the background, added a colour fill and a blur, and there's another featured image! :) --
- ...and if you look at this one, as compared to the orginal, you can see how I ingeniously cropped out everyone who wasn't me. Sometimes simple is best.-- 19:44, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
I've gotta get it right! I'll practise that over that next few days. Like my new rear cover to the Bible on DVD? Weri long wang 21:19, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I've noticed you are an admin at the mirror site. Could you please edit the sitenotice to indicate that's a mirror site, not the real one, and add a link to here. According to this, the mirror alredy got over half a million page views. That's a shame, half a million page views lost to uncyclopedia. I've alredy asked Carl, but he had chosen to ignore any comments related to the mirrors.---Asteroid B612 (aka Rataube) - Ñ 16:00, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
Please Take A Look At This
Please take a look at this page which I created today, and offer me some advise.
Barfights in Congress http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Barfights_in_Congress
Aye Up Lad
Aye up lad. 'tis true I'm a Lanky. So with my finite knowledge of the area, I have decided to let the truth be known.
I want to remove that vote before going to bed, will that interfere with how you are dealing with the situation? (sorry, IRC playing up again for me, bloody Tiscali) -- sannse (talk) 22:33, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm going to email her, think its best to find out if there's a legit reason behind it first. You just keep hold of your vote for now. :) --
Please check my new article
I created a new article About Tino Morales. And just for a fact I am not really Tino.
- Ah. --
Thanks for the vote!
Jman (Part 2)
"I once had an article for someone named "Jman". Where did it go? Lord DryvBy Talk to Daddy
It looks like it was deleted as a Vanity article. -- Sir Mhaille (talk to me)"
No, it wasn't really. It's a fictional character based an imaginary know-it-all. It's crazy, and just what ya need in the Uncyclopedia world!
Thanks for the form letter welcome. Editing at Wikipedia is like walking into a room full of grouchy old men with wet diapers who take the view that nothing's ever right because no one knows anything and most people are idiots in any case. So how's things here at the Uncyclopedia? I made a few edits and so far nothing's been reverted and no admins have posted to my user page to let me know how many policies I'm violating. Have I found my way home at last? V3rt1g0 13:15, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
- We like to lull new users into a false sense of security before we crush their souls, so feel free to continue contributing. (Mhaille sharpens the painstick.) We still have rules here, we take our humour very seriously here, but for the most part if people are contributing to the funny and helping to improve Uncyclopedia they will be welcomed with open arms. Except Canadians for some reason. --
Thank you for the warm welcome
Did you post the welcome template on my talkpage because you judged that my edit to Battle of Stalingrad was stupid, not funny or just because I'm a new user? Please do not take the message the wrong way, I'm not trying to show you up or be disrespectful, just wondering. Thanks. -- The Turd (POOP) From The Golden State (CALIFORNIA)------WEST END MASSIVE---Talk to me SLAVE!! 14:13, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
- Nope....we look to welcome as many people as we can, helps people become aquainted, learn some of the do's and don'ts, and hopefully avoid the "OMG what am I doing here?" stage. If you need any help, just yell! :) --
why did you say "thats just crazy enough to work" on my talk page?
- It was a reply to your comment "please use this to talk, wow thats self explanitory." :) --
Sir, how do I earn the right to have "sir" in front of my name?Prophet of Doom 22:35, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- Blood, sweat and tears. In equal measure. Have a look at this which explains the "titles" and "awards" system. Basically if you get a featured image or article you become a Sir, or a Lady, or even a Ladyboy if that is your preference. :) --
Thank you, sir.-High Prophet of Doom S Boy 11:35, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Hey Mhaille. After editing tachyon you banned my IP address. I went into IRC and got rcmurphy to unban me. I don't know why you felt banning me was necessary, as I'm still not 100% certain exactly what I did. My IP is 22.214.171.124. You can check my record here and at Wikipedia . . . I'm an honest, knowledgable contributor and I've never vandalized an article. Please respond. Thanks. --Soakologist 00:51, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Mhaille, I would like to inquire into whether there is any place where I can ask for people to read and give me their opinions on articles. Thank you. - The Turd (POOP) From The Golden State (CALIFORNIA)------WEST END MASSIVETalk to me SLAVE!!
- Why yes, yes we do......and its located right here. Hope that helps... --
Thank you. At first I thought the Pee Review was only for articles submitted for deletion. Upon further inspection, I see that is not the case. Thank you for your help and patience. - The Turd (POOP) From The Golden State (CALIFORNIA)------WEST END MASSIVETalk to me SLAVE!!
Uncyclopedia:How To Be Stupid And Not Just Funny. Also, please undelete Template:Suck, since the deletion summary was not vaild, and there are several other templates that are insulting. Template:Suck was a valid template.--Tezuka Nut 14:29, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
Not everyone wants to read about Bisto. Are you one of the sad few? You can be helped, but not by me. - Moxie
Postscript: Within four hours of me posting this message and 5 contributions, 2 were deleted, and 2 had spurious warning notices. Guess I don't suit Uncyclopedia's HumorNazis (you vill laff at zis, not zat, Ja!) - I'll be saying bye - just don't have time to waste. - Moxie
- Have you any idea how many articles I've had deleted? Well quite a few actually. And I'm a bloody Admin. These people are morons..... --
uncyclopedia.info - too bad server!?
th.uncyclopedia.info is "too many" slower than http://uncyclopedia.org and wikipedia !!!!
Sometimes, I can't access th.uncyclopedia.info !!! Then I try to access zh.uncyclopedia.info or jp.uncyclopedia.info , but I can't access them too!
How do I make a signature? Katana Man 08:45, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Wa-hey! Free Food!
Yum! You've received a basket of delicious fresh bagels from RabbiTechno!
RabbiTechno 11:17, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the John Howard thing
Mrasdfghjkl 11:16, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
Can I suggest a...
...disciplinary action against IP 126.96.36.199. Did some vandalism last night that I undid and was quite smug about blanking pages. Dame02:25, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Thank you, that was getting very tiring -_- --TKF 18:07, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, only just logged on and saw it in Recent Changes. Where are all the Admins when you need them? :) Nice work on the reverts though. --
Aww, man, did ya' HAVE to huff the entire article!? Why couldn't you have just removed the link!? And besides, there are many links to shock sites in other articles.--USERNAME 21:42, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
I started writing the article, thought you'd like to know. UnNews:Iranian government releases new "Iranian Waters" line of bottled water --Hrodulf 15:49, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
why why why???
why are more hate messages on muslims...and i must tell u that they fit your definition of "plain stupid and not funny" kind of stuff..... moderator moderator. do ur duty. it ain't any cutie..(goddddd,am i too bad in rhyming) hope u will not block my I.P. and i promise to be funny and not just stupid...track me whenever u find me writing something. u'll find me funny.....BABYYYYYY... do that....in whatever intellectual ways u have got.
- Well....its a difficult one. Judging the subtle difference between humour and things that people may find insulting. For me personally I think almost anything can be a target for humour (though even I have my limits) and that includes religions. Anyway.....welcome to Uncyclopedia. Why don't you sign up for an account so you're not just an IP Address. :) --
| has awarded you a coupon|
for 50% off of 1 child with the purchase of
3 children at equal or lesser value!!
|Presented for your vote and getting featured. |
In Soviet Russia, thanks YOU!!
Offer Expires 12/21/2012
02:33, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Look what we've done now.
- It seems that you and me have made a royal mess of things. This seems to be the opposite of this. I think that we should settle this the old fashioned way, and only implament the agreed changes at the beggining of a month. I am however open to your ideas on the award that somebody with the same username as you claims to have created. -- 07:37, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- Ooopsies. I've voted on the Forum now, along with a short comment about why I think the original rule was wrong (don't forget it was copied verbatum from the UOTM award), and I know we have had the same issue as we have now on several occasions. I think if we change to the suggested line the more "worthy" candidates will remain in the award they clearly deserve, and it might go some way to nullifying the desire of some individuals to "win" the award. --