From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Keep Gary Peach page he is a convicted paedophile. Ive even given a link to the newspaper report ffs User:SallySaidYes
- Well, I was about to say that he's a non notable person, but it seems like he has a Wikipedia article for now. Looks like the article there is up for deletion though. I appreciate that he may be well known in your town, but this is an international site and the humour, when detailing specific individuals needs to be international too. I'll leave the article there as long as the Wikipedia article survives but can't promise anything after that. --
Hey, I need just a little help on how to make different colour boxes and positioning them to different parts of the page. So, if you would, please post the codes and such on: User talk:Ritty. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. --Ritty 02:25, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
- Have created the page structure for your User Page, the best thing to do is try playing around with it. Have made two sections, one for your main content and a smaller one for things like userboxes and stuff. If you get stuck give me a shout. --
Ok, so if I use my page as a sandbox and mess around with it a bit, it won't get huffed? And when I add headings and "horizontal bars" onto the page, does a "Contents" table automatically appear? --Ritty 04:34, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- After four headings, (the ones surrounded by "=") the table of contents automagically appears. Unless you add in a __NOTOC__ at the top. That forces the TOC not to appear ever. 02/18 15:11
Offensive articles vs. uncyclodia censors
i am beginning to discover that I have a knack for creating true to life offensive material; probably because I'm a knowledgeable racialist. Not trying to piss people off or anything, I'm just overly familiar with cultural tidbits and like to exhibit it in I maka you raugh funny ways. Whether it's sacrilege, anti-Semitism, stereotyping, morbid clinical insinuations etc. You appear to be the expert in this department at uncyc.
Q: How the hell do you get away with making offensive articles without getting VFD'd by an angry mob with stones?
Don't say "make the article funny" i've tried that already (spent a lot o time) and it was huffinated b4 I even started re-flamming it. With your reputation, can I donate an article to you or something to ensure its indemnity; you're an admin right?? --AmericanBastard 06:32, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
- Its a difficult one, I do like humour that pushes boundaries, even that sometimes force you to question exactly what it is you find funny. Its difficult to say one way or another how *I* get away with it, it may be that within those articles (Holocaust Tycoon, Goa Tse, The Diary of Anne Frank, etc) there is a certain deadpan, dry writing style? In articles such as Niggers people have created an amusing take on modern culture, spoofing up icons like Cleveland Indians making what I think is a great piece of satire.
I know you've already said don't say "make the article funny" but THAT is the best method of avoiding instahuffing of slightly "suspect" articles. I'd say just try to write things that make you laugh and see what happens. :) --
Hi Mhaille, good call on nomming this one, thanks again!--Shandon 18:58, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
There seems to have been a bit of a misunderstanding
Although I created an article called Nicholas White, and my username is Count Nicholas von White, I did in fact intend for that to be an article. I have been vandalising and trolling Wikipedia for years you know, I would never make such a fundamental mistake. For I am Nicholas White!!!!!!!!! Count Nicholas von White 22:11, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
- Ahhh...sadly we don't allow vanity articles on Uncyclopedia, I moved it to your userspace so that you can use the content there. --
- It's not a vanity article, I'm impersonating Mr. White so that I can libel him. Count Nicholas von White 22:15, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
Collaorate to svae Cute
Mhaille- I'd like to propose a collaboration to save the Cute article. I think that between the two of us that would could not only make it cuter but vomit inducing cute as well. What do you think??? Dame 16:38, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Hey, I created an article called Will Stuart. If you read it, you would know that I am Will Stuart. I know you can't have vanity articles, but why and where can I put it?
- You are right, it would be deleted due to our vanity policy, but it looks like you have already but a duplicate in the best place for it, your User Page. With regards to the Vanity Policy, we can't make exception for obvious reasons. But you can, within reason, put whatever you want in your userspace. --
- Will Stuart what? Dame 03:08, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- You don't want to know. --
Vandalism in VFH
- Well, if you can call it that. Kau67 decided to erase my vote against Ronald McDonald in VFH. I'm reverting it right now, but I'm just wanting to bring this to the attention of an Admin. --~ 03:45, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry about that won't happen again.--Kau67 21:01, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Woohoo! We made the front page! Two features in 3 days....thanks!--Shandon 07:10, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Why did you delete my fermanagh entry? == Fermanagh ==Nothing of note happened before 1864 when Oscar Wilde went to school at Portora Royal School in Enniskillen. Nothing of note happene...' (and the only contributor was '220.127.116.11')
I've since registered ....
klynch 15:45, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- I've moved a copy of the article here. The reason it was deleted was mainly due to length, or the lack of it. We have to make decisions based on a number of factors as to whether someone's two sentance stub is likely to ever expand into something a little more substantial. Feel free to build up your article, just remember though that a lot of people might not get humour about a specific place. Add images, quotes, anything that is going to make it look like a piece a work, rather than a five minute rant. Oh, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. :) --
- Thanks for the welcome and clarification. The article was a stub - nicely minimalist in my opinion but I do agree with your point. My update on the article was going to include Samuel Beckett's education at Portora too but I just don't have a quantity of material. It's hard to be funny about that place. My Fermanagh article was to be a stub under the Northern Ireland and I would have done similar short stubs for the other 5 counties of Northern Ireland but I'd struggle to produce that much humour -- klynch 16:32, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- Beckett! Excellent!! I think you might be able to pull something off with section on the major towns, industry, history, etc. --
Greetings, Sir Mhaille. The main reason that I did appreciate you pointing out the length of time I've been here is that it serves to bring to people's attention the fact that I am a n00b. Yes, if someone thinks about it it's obvious, but discussing it undermines my purpose as I outlined it on the "Last Will and Testament of Nintendorulez." I understand that you were just trying to remind me that I have little experience here, though. Don't worry about it. In any case, I have to go measure my lobsters for their suits. There's a school dance coming up, you know. --Lord Fluffy who rains fire from the heavens 18:09, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it, thats not what I was trying to point out at all. I'm not suggesting that everyone should be of the same opinion on matters, we all have different views here, and thats a good thing. Just perhaps that over time you will start to see a little more method to the madness. :) No one is suggesting that the Admins get every decision right, but as far as I can see we get it right most of the time. With regards to Nin, as much as I liked the guy, and would like to welcome him back one day, sometimes, for the good of the site, you have to say enough is enough. Give my regards to the lobsters. --
I understand completely. Sorry about the VD thing. I forgot that there was a Pee Review. Not surprising- I have been known to forget my own name. --Lord Fluffy who rains fire from the heavens 19:10, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
I created an interesting article about Merrill Howard Kalin, a chef from television that many people are familiar with, and it has mysteriously vanished. Where is it and why is it gone? -- User:BADITUDE
- Great question. I'll move a copy of it to your user space whilst I get some feedback from some of the American Admins. The individual in question doesn't have a Wikipedia detailing who he is, and the only reference to him that I could see was a series of YouTube pages that you'd linked to, hence why I thought it was a vanity article. Is he well known? --
Merrill Howard Kalin is more of an underground humour sensation and not much is actually known about him, therefore he is unworthy of Wikipedia and worthy of Uncyclopedia. I would say that Merrill has been steadily growing in notoriety over the years, thanks to The Internet; with pockets of Merrill fans all over the place who are trading The Merrill Howard Kalin Show on tapes and DVDs. Indeed, the video on YouTube is available on fan-made DVDs. In fact, there is proof that a member of the band DEVO has a copy of this DVD and loves it. Thanks for reviewing this situation.-- User:BADITUDE
The Merrill Howard Kalin article was once again killed, this time by one known as "Hinoa." Unfortunately, I cannot contact her. Is there some way to do this? It seems that the Merrill Howard Kalin article is still deemed as "vanity" and "not funny", when in actuality it is not vanity, purely encyclopedic wherever possible, and quite funny (although these various qualities are entirely subjective). Is there any hope for the Merrill Howard Kalin article to survive? Or has it been pwned?
- That would be "he," thank you very much. And I'd like to reiterate that, like I said in the deletion summary, it was a tough call for me. Like you said, WP doesn't have an article, though Google had 3.7k hits. Take a good long look at UN:VAIN--if very few people have heard of him, then why do we have an article about him? —Major Sir Hinoa 20:25, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Perhaps the perceived lack of Merrill Howard Kalin popularity is the key reason in which to allow the article to exist? The Merrill Howard Kalin show has its loyal fan base, as shown by Google and YouTube. I actually discovered the tape on eBay, where many copies were being sold (before the bootleg clampdown). It is not a local inside joke, so the vanity aspect still confuses me. I fail to see how a blog site like Myspace could serve the same purpose as a publicly-editable encyclopedia, unless I wanted to pose as Merrill Howard Kalin in order to get laid. And Wikipedia isn't even funny. The last bastion of hope for the public gathering of knowledge (and subsequent jokes) about the legendary Merrill Howard Kalin is Uncyclopedia, and it is unfortunate to see the article "huffed" a mere day after its creation.
Thank you for finding alocation for the Wikipedia thingy on H.R. Pufnstuf! Dame 17:05, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- What do you think about swapping the top two images around? So the larger one is on top? --
I hope I amn't screwing up something right now. I am completely new to this.--Asenova 14:15, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- Actually you are doing great, far better start that I had! :) --
Isn't this site like wikipedia or some parody site? Easldd 11:54, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- We are a spoof of wikipedia in that we create encyclopedic style humour based articles. --
- Really? I thought they were a parody of us... User:Kjhf/sig 12:03, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for the welcome Mhaille, just a quick question: how do I nominate something for VFD? I log in and go to the VFD page, but the edit button doth not appear...am i still considered too n00bish to edit this page? Thanks ;) Icanhearthegrassgrow 16:08, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- Click here, click edit and enter the following (where ARTICLE NAME HERE is replaced by the article name, obviously) with your reasons to delete next to the Delete part...
- Hope that helps.... --
thanks, lol, i didnt notice i had said hud and not huff. so, how has uncyclopedia been lately?
- Same old, same old. Apart from the new Cuisine angle. Still deleting a lot of rubbish, but we've had some great articles and images recently. And not just mine. :) --
soo\oo.... am i an admin? or have i always had the move option? and can i delete articles yet or what? ONX 18:04, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- No, no and no. In that order. --
I am a horrible snitch
Could you take a look at http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Strange_but_untrue
"If you wanted more oyster card all you had to do was ask"
I would like a 2nd opinion about the last 2 versions of the article Breathing..
Thanks a lot!!--Dantoller 11:51, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- IMHO the last version is my favourite (think the layout particularly is the better of the two, and thats one of the things that I like to see in a good article) and I think between all the contributors you've put together a decent little article there.
- Dealing with difference of opinion can be difficult, I think in seeking other opinions you've taken a good step, and I would have to say were you have worked together you've produced some decent work. Some admins like to deal with arguments differently, with a few favouring the "sometimes the only way forward is to ban all the unhappy people" approach. I'd sooner see if people can use their common goals of making this place a funny place, or if they can't work together to ignore each other completely. :) --
Thanks, I will agree to disagree... Is there any way I can request one prefect/geek/stalker to look at my stuff at a time? I am a little tired of writing on talk pages, when I just want to blow off steam by maiking up bullshit... If I update new stuff on my user page and let you know, can give you feedback/edit and update it for me to avoid and meddling??
- Mate, its a Wiki, you can edit the pages as you always have done. As I said I don't think in this case either of you have done anything wrong, and there's no winner or loser. Just carry on what you are doing, you've added some great lines in your edits, just be aware that sometimes people like to look after "their babies". :) --
Please see my user page http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/User:Dantoller for an updated version of the aritcle. I have taken out the continuity errors in the current page, tightened up the wording but tried to keep the layout intact.. can you give me feedback? I would prefer if you update the pages for me. The problem is not people looking after their pages, they hound me even when I create brand new ones..
Hey Mhaille, congratulations on the feature! I know how much you like this article and it's great to see it on the front page--Shandon 00:27, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- Why thankyou Mister Shandon. I must admit it is one of my favourites of my own contributions, when it was nommed for VFH I wondered if it would do well, as the humour is a little genteel. But it seems to have done quite well, and will minimal whoring on my part too! :) --
Hey I just wanted to ask how to coustomize your signature, because I have been trying to figure it out since I got my account with no luck. If you find the time, could you please leave the answer on my discussion page because Im tired of my boring signature.
Thanx, Harmlessmassacre 03:43, 28 February 2007 (UTC)Harmlessmassacre
- I've created a rough sig for you here. You can go and edit it, make it look however you want (just remember to not make it too big). If you follow these instructions you'll be able to set your sig up and use four tildes to sign everything after that. Let me know if you have any problems. --
Welsh language page
Thanks for salvaging the Welsh langage page yesterday
I don't know how exactly ironic you was in your vote, but what catapulted me to glory was this little piece of McArthism:
- Irony? Here? Whatever are you thinking man? Actually I have read that article and it made me chuckle like a schoolgirl. But then it IS wednesday. --
- Yes, we always dress up like schoolgirls on wednesday. Its an English tradition, going all the way back to Alfred the Great, no less. --
Thanks, Just one More Thing
Thanks, just one thing, are you able to change the color and font of your signature?
Thanks again, Harmlessmassacre 23:37, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
Congratulation, you've won Potatochopper of the Year 2006! As part of the PotY award, you get to make your own award. It better be good, eh? Once again, congratulations. --03:31, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
It wasn't me
13:03, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
In Soviet Russia, award gives YOU!
|Comrade NeedABrain has awarded you a red M&M!|
|Due voting on Practical Lessons on Communism|
"In Soviet Russia, article features YOU!"
18:29, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
Please help me expand these lame articles.
The Clara Bow article is almost good enough to be featured. Thanks for helping me expand it.
By the way, my user page and user talk page were recently vandalized.--Metropolis 17:56, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
- Think the Clara Bow article needs some more texual content before it has a chance on VFH. Have a look at the Anaïs Nin and see how much more content that article has. Each one of those subsections probably needs at least another paragraph. You can do it though, I have every faith in you! :) --
Man, that took a while :) Thanks for blocking him User:Kjhf/sig 10:45, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
- Just good timing I guess... :) Nice work on the clean up though. --
Your recent edits to Uncyclopedia
Hello, it has come to the attention of everyone here that you are not funny and should therefore leave. Goodbye.
- you may have a big stick but i have a big proxy.
- Congratulations. You must be very proud. --
- I got criticized by an IP once. Cried myself to sleep that night, I did. If you need to talk it out, I'm here for you, man. -- 22:04, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
- Congratulations. You must be very proud. --
Screwed up at the first attempt
Hi, newbie here. I created a page on 'phlogiston' but initially mis-spelled it 'phlogisten'. Couldn't move it, because it kept telling me I wasn't logged in (even though I was). Have created a new page under the correct spelling, so the 'phlogisten' one can be dumped (or maybe replaced with a redirect?). Not sure how to go about doing this. It probably says how in the user guide thingy somewhere, but I (a) can't read and (b) am too stupid to understand things anyway.
hey, i need help with a page i made
i made a page earlier today during school but i didnt really know what to do. i made it crap and it got deleted but i would like to get it back to finish it ( i didn't know i had to put construction on) it was about my friend so it turned out to be a vanity page, but after a long study of the noob page a found out it needs to be a user page. is there a chance of getting back the information and transfering it to a user page. the name was tom nairn it was sort of a fake biography, any help would be greatly appreciatited thanks --Kevin Rassool 12:42, 5 March 2007 (UTC)
- A user page should only be worked on by of with the permission of the (registered) user in question it dosn't mean that someone else can create a page about them without their permission, if they want to log on and request the conent of the page moved to their user page then we can (probably) do that.--The Right Honourable Maj Sir Elvis UmP KUN FIC MDA VFH Bur. CM and bars UGM F@H (Petition) 12:53, 5 March 2007 (UTC)
Dear Mhaille, Not a moment ago you edited my page about Tim Duckling and made it about User:Tim Duckling. I can see how you made this mistake, but I am not Tim Duckling. I simply call my self Tim Duckling because I am studying him. I have discovered that the best way to understand someone is to become them. It is very interesting idea, and we could talk about it another time, in a different email conversation. But you see, my primary concern is that it has been changed to User:Tim Duckling, and I do not want all the many people on the web to be at all confused by this. I am new to this sight, and still figuring it out, and I don't know how to change it back. If you could help me it would be wonderful, and if you dont want to I can understand that as well.
Warm regards, Tim Duckling
- The only problem is that I have no idea who Tim Duckling is? Our first point of call to see if someone is notable or not is to check out Wikipedia to see if they have an article about them there. It seems not to be the case. Who is he? --
Help me w/ my article. please?
My first article is the same name as my username. but i want it to just be "Intermission for bunny", not "user: intermission for bunny" btw, can u also rate my article? i think the battle for new york city might be to long. and i cant seem to put pictures in those little grey boxes. thx in advance. --~-- IFB
- Hi, sadly, due to the site's Vanity Policy, you can't have articles about yourself, friends, or other non-notable persons. I moved the article to your user page as you are free to write about yourself there. Hope that helps...what are you trying to do with images? --
Well, maybe im too slow to understad joo, but its supposed to be about a fictional communist group, not me...i just happened to also make that my username, so i just want "user:" out of the name. as 4 images, mine are just embedded in the white background space, instead of those smaller grey boxes in most articles, with the captions under them. Thx --~-- IFB
NEVERMIND! i fixed it myself. Thx.--INTERMISSION FOR BUNNY 20:51, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
I'd like to complain about another admin
- Thats very naughty, and we shall have him spanked. Twice. Or until he stops enjoying it. --
I'm new to this
Just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. I only signed on today and I've already been banned unbanned and then banned again. I'm not 100% sure what it is I'm doing wrong. I came to your page because I received my welcome from you and you seemed nice and civil. Then once I'm here I see that name of the admin that banned me, 'codeine'is already being complained about. Perhaps I didn't do anything wrong at all and perhaps Codeine is having a bad day. In any case is there some way you can check the articles I've added to ensure I'm not transgressing some rule I missed in the beginners guides. -Thanks --Crisatunity79 05:26, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- Have looked at the two UnNews articles you have submitted and they look fine to me. I can't see a record for a ban or unbanning in your log from anyone, but I'll ask Codeine if he knows anything. Oh, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. :) --
Thanks. I'm probably just hallucinating. Happens all the time. I'm mad you know. Barking mad! --Crisatunity79
I hate to ask, but...
As the IPs who used to fill Russian Reversal with blah reversals have moved over to Yakov Smirnoff, can you semi-protect it as well? The last straw for me was when an IP added ...cock sucks you!!.-- 14:28, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
- Thats the funniest thing I've read for a while! :) --
- um...yeah. If anything it's too funny...the genius of "it" is outshining the general dullness of the (mostly mine from ages ago) text. Oh...wait. I get it now! YOU suck cock. Boy, those whack Americans.-- 22:24, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for your vote
--22:16, 7 March 2007 (UTC)