From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Thanks for the welcome
I just finished my page, and so if you would read over the entire finished piece, I would be very happy.
I am glad that you took the time to welcome me to uncyclopedia, and I really apreciate that. Now I would like to take you up on the help you offered me. Would you be kind enough to help this n00b out and proofread my page SkiFree, I would really apreciate your criticisum. It's not quite done yet, but if you could look at it within the next week, I would really be glad. Thanks a lot.
Gwinthor 19:16, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- An excellent first article, you should be very proud, oh, you are? I've resized the images and added a link to the Wikipedia article of the same name, just in case some people don't "get it". Overall, its not too bad at all... :) --
I'm assuming that you deemed Mike McClure "un-notable" since you haven't done anything with the article I published about him but is there anyway I could somehow get an image file or something of what the page looked like just for reference?
- Do you know the exact name of the article? I can't find the deleted version under "Mike McClure". If you let me know I could move a copy to your user space. --
Delete my account?
Is there a way for my account to be deleted? Thanks! Jonshipman
Thanks for welcoming me....now HELP!
Thank you for welcoming me. It took a while to respond as I was too busy causing chaos and unreadable pages.
As a brief introduction, I am here to learn, observe and ingest as much HUMOUR as I can, having grown up on HUMOR and the like.
Case in point - Yoko Ono. Any suggestions? In your opinion, does the taxo help or hurt? Is the direction I'm going funny or just vicious?
Thanks in advance... Smrt-guy 18:51, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, welcome aboard. I'd already seen the Yoko Ono article as you were working on it, think its got a lot of potential. Have tried to move things around a little to help with the formatting. Probably when you add some more text it will line up a little better at the bottom. Its not that vicious, think there's enough humour in there for it stand up as it is. Are you going to be entering the PLS competition. As you joined less than 3 months ago you can enter the Best Article by a Noob section still! :) --
- Thank you for the help!! I think the page is complete now, with the addition of current events (both taken from the real world, for what it's worth.) Hopefully, I did the PLS entry correctly on my namespace, and added you correctly as well. Smrt-guy 19:15, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- BTW, would I still qualify for nOOb of the month? Or am I too old & withered? Would you nominate me? If you do, first round of pints is on me, next time I'm across the pond. Oooh, I speak British. :-)
- Seriously, is it too late for nOOb of the month? Thanks! Smrt-guy 07:38, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Adopt A Noob
Blatantly, without any warning or permission, I hijacked Uncyclopedia:AAN and started turning into something serious. Damn me to hell. :) Anyway, it's easily set right again if you'd like it to remain as it was, but I figured I'd start with an existing project. The return of Flameviper made me think than an actual mentorship program for noobs might have some value here, but I can launch something separately that links from your page, the way that the fake Awards links to Awards, Decorations and Honours. -- 16:08, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- Excellent! It has been something that a few other people have discussed of late, and something that I would wholeheartedly support. Edumacation is my middle name. Rumours that it is Cedric are completely unfounded. --
I think this whole thing is just cyber-bullying.
We are Uncyclopedia, not Encyclop*dia Dramatica.--Metropolis Eternity 22:12, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- Mhaille pushes your head down the toilet and flushes it repeatedly. --
Congratulations on making second place on Sliferjam's Annual Contest's for the First Task.
2.Mhaille Total: 23
Sliferjam ~ This is my new signature. Cool huh? 18:56, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
I need to buy your vote
Mhaille, my man. I need to buy your vote on the VFD page to save my rewrite of the article Lying. I really gave the old dog a working over. Could you? Would you? Dame 20:50, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, PS, could you also pay a visit to Tom Petty and give it a good eyeballing? The article I was trying to correct Tom petty got removed before I could fix it. Then I fixed it with "petty" being one of the "petty" jokes, but Zombiebaron moved it to Tom Petty because it was a proper name (I don't think he read it, but in doing so he gave me a chance to use the word Cathartic, and that always makes me happy) and I just want to make sure that he's petty when he needs to be petty and Petty the rest of the time. Personally, I hate the man's music. Anyway, your eyes and your help appreciated. Dame 20:53, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
I removed the WIP tag, just to let you know. I think it's finished, but there was some stuff commented out so I don't know. —Braydie at 23:48, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
you just welcomed someone i think was just banned forom the dutch site & is aiming his pathetic attacks at me here now. Thought you might want to know. Speaks good english too. D.G.Neree 01:00, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
Following the talk on MO's talk page, would you like to collaborate with some potatochoping skills? Got some British-oriented article in work. What do you think?15:58, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
|Braydie thanks you for supporting him to become admin.|
I would have done this sooner, but admins are supposed to be lazy.
There is no personalised message either.
—Braydie at 00:04, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Thanks For The Vote
|Zombiebaron thanks you for supporting him to become admin.|
I was even more lazy, I stole this from Braydie.
Sorry about the clutter this template causes. --00:19, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Hey honeybunny. Is this article (Steve Hofstetter) on the up and up - I was random browsing and it came up and I thought WTF? Looks like childish vanity, but it wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong. Dame 21:51, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Have stabbed it with my steely knives..... --
- HOTEL CALIFORNIA. sorry :) --
22:17, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes but in my case I DID kill the beast. --
- I remeber reading somewhere that that specific lyric was a refrence to a real life event or something. To lazy to look it up... -- 22:20, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes but in my case I DID kill the beast. --
- HOTEL CALIFORNIA. sorry :) --
Would it be possible to add this somewhere in the protected page, Reasons to become an Atheist?
Want the pros and cons of being an atheist? Check Here
Weri long wang 15:54, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
You won a LAFTA!
This Lifetime Achievement For Total Awesomeness award goes to Mhaille for being the greatest and most active community Uncyclopedian known to man-kind.. Excellent Work!
Congratulations! --The00:25, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
I need you!!!!
Mhaille- Could you tajke some of that awesome grey matter of yours and infuse Sea Monkeys with some creative effort. It needs your hot loving. Dame 03:23, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- I like it, I like it a lot. --
You got anything worth nomming in this dump? Probably not, and if you did I don't know how you'd find it underneath all the crap. But yeah, if you have anything that you really wished had got nommed or something you've always liked just tell me...so I can blank it. --Anyone 15:33, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- I am so approachable that Anyone can speak to me. I reckon I could keep this up for years.... :) And thanks for the vote for Baron Ringpiece. --
That block was totally uncalled for. I was completely redoing that article, because there was too much crap in it. I'm going to do it again and again and again. As it clearly stated at the bottom: "THIS ARTICLE NEEDS A CLEANUP!" I'm going to fix it again, but if I get hassle on it again - then I'll just leave uncyclopedia. I shouldn't be blocked for doing you guys a favour. Unless you like crap articles...
- Wow.....that was a long time coming... :) The problem is, rewriting existing articles completely, especially ones that have become "part of the structure" of the site, could be misinterpreted as random acts of vandalism. A you can imagine its difficult to seperate the two sometimes. The best way to go about totally rewriting an article is to make a copy of it in your userspace and to inform an Admin on its completion that you intend to change it to your version. Usually this follows after an article has had a "REWRITE" tag attached to it.
- If, as it appears, I banned you in error then you have my deepest apologies, if you had popped into the IRC Channel #uncyclopedia I'm sure another Admin or myself would have looked at the ban again. We don't like crappy articles, but we like vandalism even less, which is why sometimes the banstick might hit the wrong people. Again, if this has been the case, I'm genuinely sorry. :) --
- Unfortunately at the time I did not know any of this. At this moment I feel I will just stick to making articles, rather than editing them in cleanups. If you're wondering why I never used the IRC to plead my case... well when you write down that there will be a very small probability of my case even being listened to (my interpretation of the writing, not the literal writing) - I decided not to bother. I don't see why I should waste my time pleading my case when no one will listen to me. This is probably not the case, but the deadpan humour on the block notice certainly gives that impression. I know this is supposed to be a parody site... but that just takes it a bit far don't you think?
- Not sure what you mean by "deadpan", from what I can see in the logs it says the following "01:19, 26 December 2006 Mhaille blocked "Superdazz (contribs)" with an expiry time of 1 month (12 year olds invading the internet)"? As I say, we have to make snap judgements on what people are doing and why they are doing it, in a lot of cases when someone comes along and rewrites a pre-existing article to the level that you did, its usually that they have "issues" over the subject matter.
- Also, I didn't say "a small probability" - if a ban is given in error it will be lifted, we're here to keep the vandals at bay and help people to make the site funnier. Anyway.....glad to hear you are sticking around, and I hope the rest of your time here is a lot more enjoyable. :) --
- The humour on the block page clearly states something on the lines of: "Or you could plead your case on the Uncyclopedia IRC. Bring flowers and start begging." I can't say definitively what the rest said, but it gave the clear impression that I would be wasting my time to even attempt the justification of my actions.
- Also I clearly stated in brackets - my interpretation of the writing, not the literal writing. This meant that the small probability idea was my perspective of the block page and the block itself. I don't think I'll be writing any articles for awhile, because I don't want to be 'blocked'.
- Last of all what I meant by deadpan was extremely unsympathetic. I thought clearly about what I was writing when I wrote my response and thought it was the most appropriate way to put the use of humour. I didn't find it encouraging at all, and since the incident I have not written, edited or drafted an article. I just don't think that I will be able to do so without a thorough re-think of how I approach uncyclopedia.
- I hope that all of this explanation covers all your assumed (yes, I did think about whether or not they were questions) questions. I have wrote this long explanation - not out of retaliation or audacity, but to explain my case with clarity and precision. I believe that this should clear up any sort of problem you may have. If you wish to respond to this, I please ask that you respond on my talk page as I believe this explanation is hogging up your talk page.
- PS: The whole inverted speech around 'blocking' - was to give an ironic effect to the phase. That is an example of deadpan humour. In my opinion, deadpan humour is dry and sarcastic, with no sense of remorse of sympathy. I may well be wrong in that respect, but it is another one of my interpretations.
- PSS: After quickly viewing my contributions I realise that I have made a slight contribution in recent days. My apologies for the inaccuracy. I haven't corrected it, because we all have flaws - :P
Much obliged for that picture. I hope I can come up with an actual plot to carry the play home. Other than avoiding long and poetic language, I didn't really have a clear direction with the dialogue. I just felt that it was something I'd better force myself to start, or I never would. ^_^ Feel free to dick with it if you've got the time or inclination. --The Bard of Uncyclopedia 17:14, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
Could you add content to a protected article?
I was wondering if you could add an audio file to the Contents article. (You'll find it on the article's talk page.) Thanks in advance. -- 01:46, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- Wait, never mind, already added. -- 01:47, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
Could you sneak a peak at...
Sissy? I tried a rewrite and I'd like your input.
Dame02:53, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
Incidentally, I prefer my version of the "accident" because it gives a sharp satirical edge to the narrative; though the hero is an innocent at first, unable to see that his mother is a whore and his "friends" are thieves, as soon as he so much as meets a noblewoman he falls from innocence.
It is rather like a bildungsroman, only an Uncyclopedian version. Your version of the narrative changes the focus, as he is not party to what happens to the Baron, and thus our hero never develops into something akin to his father figure, Mister Fagan. The Humbled Master 03:36, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- But, and here is the crux, his "fall from grace" is only to occur once he has seemingly acheived his worldly goals, riches, priviledge, social standing, etc. Lets not forget that the tale is here not as a monomyth, but more as a morality tale. Our "hero" stumbles into his good fortune all along, he is a leaf on the wind, a plaything of fate. The "missing" chapters that Thackeray had intended to add, would have turned "the tale from one where the hero works towards success to one where he gains his dreams only to lose them." Perhaps you could begin a second related article, UnBooks:The Further Adventures of Baron Ringpiece. --
I´ve been wandering around this swamp of a place for months, without any aim whatseover, I now want to be a fucking dick and leave horrible notes telling people their work is worthless. Please tell me how to become an editor on this place!!! -- User:BingoJimmy
- Dear Mister Bingo, thankyou for your application to join our team of crack editors, sadly at this time our only positions open are for very junior roles. These are open to everyone. I would say on a personal note that you have every potential to go on to more senior roles within the organisation, with careful work and dedication. I look forward to hearing more from you, and will be happy to keep your details on record.
- Best regards,
- Mister Mhaille, UNC Inc.
- It looks like it was deleted as a Vanity article. --
...your vote for Sissy Dame23:41, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
Hey buddy. You removed an ICU I placed on Necrophilia based on the length of the article (or I assume from your summary). Whereas I placed the ICU due to the fact that the page made no sense, please read my disscussion with the author: here. I look forward to interjecting in a massive way and putting both of us in our place. -- 00:32, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
Hello, I'm just curious. Was Hitler considered a hitman? I don't know if I have to sign here, as I need to on Wikipedia. I'll go with a yes, until I here otherwise.(This will one way I can avoid me getting booted out of here. Right?) Maybe that's how the name Hitler came from. He likes to hit people. Possibly? I thought it was honestly a funny pun, because when I first heard of Hitler, I didn't know who he was. The first thing that came to my mind was the word Hit. I hear people say "I'm a hitman". Please accept my most sincerely appologies if this was absolutly not funny or amusing to anyone. You can just remove this message. I hope there are no hard feelings. I trust there won't be an angry mob of users after me, right? Don't kick me out, I just got here. Wikipedian5--Wikipedian5 02:30, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- I have no idea what you are talking about. :) Yeah, not a bad pun, suppose its something you could incorporate.... --
I guess I got a little carried away. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then that indicates that I'm not being funny to anyone else other than myself, but stupid. I still didn't read everything you showed my about uncyclopedia, but I looked at some parts. i'm not big on reading! My common sense tells me that Uncyclopedia isn't the place to edit pages to just amuse myself, and I can tell that you are not amused, but rather confused, by my nonsensical, not comical post. You can't find enough sense in what I posted to laugh.--Wikipedian5 05:13, 4 February 2007 (UTC)Wikipedian5
Please dont delete crying. It is a work in progress and will not be posted finalized all at once. It is a group effort. Please respect that.
- We tend to delete ultra-short entries on sight, especially ones that contain content that goes against the site's Vanity Policy. --
Can I remove the construction tag, and add a stub tag? This article is still very small.--Melmo 16:27, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- I think at the current length it would probably end up deleted. The construction tag keeps it safe for 7 days. Why don't you go to the related Wikipedia article here and steal some structure and content. You could even edit some of the images from there too.... --
I have not had the pleasure to actually view this image, but I think you might want to delete it. A woman vomiting while sucking on a guy's dick has absolutely NO satirical value, and it's the ideal for vandals.--Melmo 17:31, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
If a page has the "construction" tag, than that means it's protected for seven days, right? Well, Braydie immediately huffed my Happy Tree Friends article. His talk page is protected, so I can't edit it. Template:Suck was also huffed for a ridiculous reason.--Melmo 18:05, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- IF it looks like someone is actually working on the article, yes. If its a one liner then there's every chance that it will be huffed. Admins need to make arbitary judgements on the likelihood that an article will be born from its humble beginnings, mostly, I think, we get it right. If you want to carry on working on the article I'd suggest using your userspace, just add "/the_article_name" after your Username in the URL. --
- Yeah, but we already have an AAAAAAAAA article, having BBBBBBBBB and !!!!!!!!! might not be quite as funny. Though to be honest, I personally might not have deleted the exclamation one. --
Can I make a template out of this?
|This article is very sexy. If you are a pervert, you will love this article.|
|You should exit this page immediately!!!|
Otherwise, continue to read it, until your lewd desires are
- Yeah, something like that wouldn't be too bad... --
- He should add the words salacious and whore-mongering - they'd make a nice garnish. Dame 03:22, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
Congratulations. Those poor suckers didn't know what hit them. When I think "Uncyclopedia" and "2006" I always first think "Mhaille". Granted, this may be do the large tattoo I received while passed out (thanks), but I'd still like to think it has some deeper significance, perhaps an omen or a portent for your future success in life. Or maybe I just see your name around the website a lot. --Sir ENeGMA (talk) GUN WotM PLS 02:27, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Its not really about the awards you amass, its about the people whose lives you touch, the joy you bring, a smile here, a pant-wetting snicker there, the large gold-plated ornaments to hang in your bathroom, the fast-track into all the swankiest restraunts and movie premiers, hobnobbing with the social elite as you drive by all those little people that you stamped all over on the way up, but mostly its about the awards. I'd like to thank all those who made this possible, my parents for giving up on me and providing my drive to succeed, my manager for the remaining 35%, my boss for not noticing the hours of online activity, and a special mention goes out to <insert name here> without whose support and goodwill I don't feel I could have achieved as much as I have. <insert name here>, here's to you! --
Thanks for the welcome; I have a question
I created a new article: Vojvodina, but User:Volte deleted it. I asked him/her for an explanation but never received one. I then recreated the article, and Volte deleted it again. I really don't understand what seems to be the problem. Care to help? --Africa 21:07, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
You sweet man you!
You great big adorable sweet man you! Potatochopper of the month! If you were stateside I make you a mess of hashbrowns that would make you weep for joy the minute their tender yet buttery brown potato-y morsals hit your tongue. Hugs! Dame03:20, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hashbrowns.....how did you know? --
- A woman has a way about knowing what a man likes. Dame 22:40, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
Kim Mitchell is a Canadian Rocker Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Mitchell
Please let me poke fun of him! --Kenvalyi 18:55, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Wow.....all that spandex....and yellow too...I've moved the beginnings of your article to User:Kenvalyi/Kim Mitchell where it will be safe from deletion for as long as you want to work on it. When its complete we can look to move it back to the main space. --
- Yeah.....thats a very special article you have there.... :) --
Some idiot nominated me as "Useless Gobshite of the Month", so I also nominated him, LOL.--Melmo 03:41, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
No, that's not it. Bad faith bullying/dictatorship is evident in here. Is there a place where I can appeal (because of his un-uncyclopedian actions?)? I heard there's an Arbitration Committee in Wikipedia. --Africa 13:00, 4 February 2007 (UTC) Cyber-bullies are just trying to look tough. They usually have some sort of emotional issues. Did you ever thing that maybe you are really hurting the people that you bully online?--22.214.171.124 05:27, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
I need you...
...there is an article that needs to be written. See Image:QuentinQuisp.png. What do you think? And please don't tell me that you've never heard of Quisp. Dame 02:15, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- I like all my Civil Servants naked... --
- I was shocked to discover that Modus didn't know Quentin Crisp. Here I am, living in Backwater USA and even I know who is. My sister thinks that it would have been a great meeting of the minds had Oscar Wilde met up With Quentin Crisp in a WWF wrestling ring. Dame 00:39, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
hey hey hey
I'm takin up your offer of help!
Hey Mhaile! When I looked on my talk page, I noticed that a friendly admin had left me a message... awww... someone cares...] and then i thought - you know what - it's probably just a scripted bot! Time passed, and we all moved on, but then, gasp, when i needed some real help I had no one to turn to! I was a sad panda. And then I decided to believe in you Mhaile, much like people in need suddenly believe in a flying spaghetti monster or something that will come help them in their hour of need. So, in a similar vein, here goes...
Ahem Mhaile! I pray to thee! Come help me with my sig!!! I AM IN DIRE NEED! Amen. --10rd Ben 00:11, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hello.....I have created a rough version of a sig for you here. Now if you go to this section it will walk you through how to set your sig up within the preferences. Need any help, just yell.... --
Recently an important decision was made by some admins regarding this template without consulting any Uncyclopedians. I'd like to get the opinion of a few other people. Please see here. Quadzilla99 03:06, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
- Have responded on that talk page.... --
I have attempted to replace it with an updated version repeatedly but it has only increased in size, and the image has not changed. Should it be deleted, or is something wrong?
- Oh yay, it's fixed. anger2headshot 07:43, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
- I like it when things fix themselves..... :) --
my article Your all gay
Help me out a bit... I don't want to put a lot of effort in it to find it deleted in seven days.. what do you think of it at the moment, can you critqe it for me?01:05, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
That article has been protected for 5 months now. Shouldn't you unprotect it (at least to semi-protection)? Also, can you change the protection on Goa Tse to semi-protection aswell? --AAA! (AAAA) 09:26, 14 February 2007 (UTC)