From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Happens on Opera too. --KATIE!! 13:05, 9 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Not anymore though. --KATIE!! 13:07, 9 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- No pleasing some people..... --
- Not anymore though. --KATIE!! 13:07, 9 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Mhaille, I just wanted to say: If you're protecting the atheist article from me, there's no need; really, I'm not going to touch it. (True, I put a template on it a couple of days ago, but you saw how that turned out!) I've said all along I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over it, so next best thing, I got into a shit-flinging contest instead. (See, in The Ravenverse, "pissing contest" = "edit war," and "shit-flinging" = what I've been doing. Sure, shit-flinging smells worse, but it cleans up more easily and does less damage to the hardwood floors.) I don't believe it's fair to deny others who might wish to make their feelings known, though, even if those feelings are opposed to mine, so I'm asking you to please reconsider. Scout's Honor, man - I won't even touch it with phony "sock puppet" accounts, I promise! Though I wouldn't mind if someone would reevaluate the template idea - I really do think that was a perfectly acceptable solution, and I can't help thinking it was rejected only because it was executed by yours truly. --Johnny "The Wikinator" Raven 03:09, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Johnny, I'm not a big fan of protecting articles (which is why I've only ever protected two) so its not something I would do lightly. I'm not interested in "personality clashes", or personal agendas, just in producing and helping others produce and maintain what should be relatively universally funny contributions. There are points were specific articles reach an almost perfect state, a state of comic nirvana, accessible to all, and IMHO is not far away from as been as funny as it can be. I'm happy to unprotect the article, it wasn't specifically any contribution you were likely to make, rather to defuse a potential point of conflict. Not too bothered about people tearing holes in each other, but its not right that the quality of articles and uncyclopedia should suffer. :) --
- Thanks, M... Well, that was interesting - as soon as you did that, the "Dead Serious Scrolls" version got blanked, twice, didn't it? So I did what any User:EMP would do, and NeoTrc'd them - one to Mesa AZ, and the other to Newark NJ. I'm not sure what that suggests...? Hopefully something, but ehh, whatever. In the meantime, I don't want you to have to deal with yet another blanking target, so by all means just huff it. --Jean-Pierre X.Y.Z. Ravenne 14:03, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Ack! Edit conflict. I was putting a sarcastic "delete me" reference in at the same time as you were deleting it -- I might have re-created it. Please delete again if so.
- Done, and done. --
- Nonymous, the recent huffing of VFP was due to an Administators cabal on IRC, and was intended to free up some space by getting rid of some of the less deserving submissions. If you could let me know which ones you think have been huffed incorrectly I'll look into a solution. --
You can't vote both Suresh and MoneySign.
If i weren't myself I would recommend you to go for shuresh, but i'll never do so.--Rataube 20:34, 3 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Well, "technically" my vote for Suresh is a holdover from the end of last months NOTM, and my vote for MoneySign is this month. --
(blocked "User:22.214.171.124" with an expiry time of 5 years: Spamming Uncyc......tut tut.....)
- I didn't know you had it in you. :) 5 years sounds more like a prison sentence. -- T. (talk) 12:38, 29 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Or a marriage sentence... :) The "article" just looked like a bad attempt at spamming, so I nuked em. Sorted now, thanks to the wonder that is IRC. --
Featured Image: Sonnet the Hedgehog!
- And so begins my reign of terror!!!!!!1111Eleven. Congrats on yet another front page article!!! Can you add an extra Sir? :) --
- Will give it some thought.....hopefully something will come to me....nice poem btw! :) --
I blewed some stuff up! Thx! -- T. (talk) 19:23, 9 Dec 2005 (UTC) Heh. Sorry that was so short. As luck would have it, I was paged in mid-message and had to spring into action. But I'm back! I am honoured to be the inaugural recipient of this award, in part for what it recognizes, but moreso because of who it comes from. Thanks, mate. You're the best. :) -- T. (talk) 20:27, 9 Dec 2005 (UTC)
I forgot all about that until today, but I have replaced the HowTo template with your version. --Paulgb 15:10, 1 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- No worries.....forgot all about it. :) --
- Thanks.....might nominate the image in the VFP.....I think it would look very nice on the home page... :)
- Sainthood? So soon.....bless you my child. --
"RadX already joined the party. Can Mhaille be far behind on the road to adminship? I think not. ;)"
~ Sir Todd Lyons CUN VFH CM NS +S (yadda3) 18:47, 29 Nov 2005 (UTC)
"I'm already practicing my random belligerence........."
~ Mhaille MUN CM NS this text is too small (yadderyadder)
"For - that makes seven admin votes, which means I can op you.."
~ Paulgb 20:15, 29 Nov 2005 (UTC)
I was happy to see that GOTM was elevated to a regular award/badge rather than allocated minor status (even if it is ranked at 'infinity' and not #22).
I think that getting the first "awardee" out of the way is always the most difficult step in establishing a new award, hopefully this months nominees will be more in line with the true definition of the award. I've already seen quite a few contenders.... :) --
Image on Lord of the Flies
Umm, I totally don't get the image you added to this page. What am I missing? --Isra1337 12:10, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Just put a note on the Talk Page.....the image is from the film The Fly. The article is Lord of the Flies. --
Hi, i Just wanted ask if you want to come over for eat tomorrow, Julie is making Hamburgs! --DrFoster 12:55, 16 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Thanks. I'm on a diet though, so I'll have to call a raincheck. --
No Problem, an other Day! -- DrFoster 15:14, 16 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Looks like it was down to Norton Firewall (possibly something within the file title that it banned). Thanks, anyhoo.... - Mhaille
Yeah nuke it.....I uploaded the image with a few variations on the name, as the image wasn't appearing. Seems it was down to Norton Firewall. Something within the name that it didn't like.
I wavered on the invented quote. I have been on a tear deleting Ballmer quotes, and I have to say, had I not just cleaned up a dozen pages spammed (some repeatedly) with the Ballmer quote, it probably would have stayed. As it was, I was sick of anything resembling that quote, and didn't find it all that amusing. Now that I am more relaxed and in a more positive mood...I still don't find it all that funny. Now, if you had slapped in a
"I’m going to fucking medicate that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking medicate Steve Ballmer." ~ Bill Gates on Steve Ballmer
I'd have left it. Because that's fucking funny. Just my humble opinion. As it is, there's an excessive amount of killing on this site at the moment. While I support killing as much as the next guy, after a month or so of being flooded with it, it becomes less funny. So go ahead, and quote that page. Just be creative, and if you can avoid more senseless (well, sensefull, in his case) killing, I'd appreciate it. --01:23, 8 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Why don't you make a template for all the worst lists (eg emulate a side floater like Template:Wargame or a bottom block like Template:Jesii), and in it have [[:Category:Worst 100]]? --Splaka 21:29, 19 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Was thinking that.....but have not ready the handy destructions on how to build a Template yet.... :) --Mhaille 22:30, 19 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks! -- Mhaille 23:52, 19 Oct 2005 (UTC)
While I like your idea, all new major awards must go through a voting process now, due to the fact there were getting to be too many. I have nominated (and voted) for yours here but for the mean time, its been released from the list. Note that you may make it a Minor Award where nomination and voting is not necessary, until of course it becomes a regular award if it gets enough votes. --Insertwackynamehere | Talk 01:16, 28 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. I'll let it go through the full process, it'll be all the more rewarding that way. :) -- Mhaille 09:51, 28 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Kudos from Todd
- We aims to please, usually miss though... :) -- Mhaille 17:26, 31 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah....I also spoofed your spoof of The A-Team with the obvious The Gay Team. Been wanting to do that one for sooooooOOOOooooooo long. :) --
I can't take credit for starting The A-Team, but I did do some major formatting and some fine tuning to make it better. That said, I love how you took it and ran with it. LOL. :) Oh, hey! I was actually just popping in to thank you for your nod to Fecal E.Coli. I'm glad you liked it! -- T. (talk) 17:55, 8 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Good luck with it. Love that image by User:RadicalX, another absolute classic. AND.....the article has a link to my 7-Up article. Whats not to love? :) --
I dunno how you chanced upon my stuff at first, but you've been nothing but good to me since I got here. There's nothing more inspiring to good work than having the support of others, without needing to ask for it. So if I'm doing well here, I have you to thank. If this keeps up you'll have to make /kudosfromtodd a satellite page. :) I moved up your sysop nomination listing because you really do deserve the next nod. I dunno if I'm allowed to vote, still being a n00b, but I'm sure you'll get it. You've earned it, and then some. -- T. (talk) 14:52, 9 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Heya! You're my one-man cheering section! UotM doesn't look likely for this month, but who cares? It was a treat even to be nominated, and NotM is reward enough considering I've only been here 3 weeks. Thanks for everything you've written. :) -- T. (talk) 22:22, 20 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Chlamydia Album Cover
No worries. I'm making it my personal mission to revitalise sleeping comedic giants. I love articles peppered with subtle (and not so subtle) double-entendres. --
- And again, for "Back in the clinic". Heh. Plus, between you and I, we've nearly finished the Worst 100 TV Programs of All Time which is another of my favourites. Go team GB!. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 23:32, 4 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah was too much fun to ignore. :) I know the Worst 100's will lead to overkill eventually, but so far they've grown quite nicely. Some classic content....you know its right when you laugh out loud. :) Nice to see a fellow UKer, old bean --
New at this awesome site
What is the complete command to layout those pages, to make thumbnails picture,etc. in Bird Flu i really dont know how to make it a better form, thanks for the edit. plus, i dont know how to make links of my user at the end of this enty.. im so a newbie on this wikipedia format, anyone can help me? please?
Hi. Normally the image code looks like this - [[Image:Bird-flu-france.jpg]], to set formatting on it use [[Image:Bird-flu-france.jpg|thumb|right|200px]], which sets the image to "thumb", makes it 200 pixels wide, and aligns it to the right of the page. You can play around with the size and alignment to your hearts content. Welcome to UNcyclopedia. :) --
I reverted the HowTo template because I wasn't sure what you were trying to do but the only effect was that it made it look worse for me. I realize now that the problem is that the HowTo template does not work well with other (non Firefox) browsers. Your changes also left some div tags open, though it seems that MediaWiki fixes that problem itself. I only tested the template in Firefox, but it appears to also have problems in IE. The proper solution seems to be to use a table cell, but I don't have time to do that now. I will try to test the template in more browsers later. For now I have reverted my revert. Also, did you notice that I featured your HowTo article on the main page of HowTo? --Paulgb 22:32, 12 Nov 2005 (UTC)
I tend to view everything in IE (I'm a web developer, so most of my customers use it). I'll try to set it into a table when I've a few mins free. Will stick it in User:Mhaille/HowTo for you to view. Just seen the main page of HowTo....looks good! :) --
- I wanted the hammer appear to be in its own column on the left side of the template, and not have the text wrap around it. I see that this doesn't work in IE, at least not yet. I was going for a mid 90s internet look for the HowTo page, so I thought the hammer and empty white space fit in well. If you could try to keep this working in IE, that would be great.
- Also, do you know how to make a table cell in IE as small as it can be but still be its minimum size? For example, in FireFox, the Tools cell of the HowTo page is as small as it can be, because its height is set to 1px, and the height of the other cell is undefined. In IE, it seems to ignore this. --Paulgb 03:20, 13 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Have put together a version that works OK in both IE and FireFox. Its a bit messy, ie table cells within cells, but it could provide a temp solution until we have time to build something a bit "cleverererer". Have a look at User:Mhaille/HowTo --
- I like the new one, it sticks very well to the mid 90s theme. Better than the original in fact. I added an empty cell to show you the alignment I originally intended. The wasted white space is intentional. I think it looks more like the old unsophisticated typesetting, when computer makers started to think about aesthetics. Of course, none of this is about being funny its just about making things look nice. If you like it better the other way, we could go with that too and just maybe make some adjustments to the padding and margins. --Paulgb 01:50, 18 Nov 2005 (UTC)
As suggested by Todd Lyons, and wholeheartedly endorsed by me, for all your hard work.
|Codeine has awarded you a cookie!|
Now go play in traffic.
THAT wasn't crap, that was happy banter between fellow contributors to this fine institution. --
Your sig stinks (no offense)
No offense, but your signature is kinda stupid-looking. Maybe you should make it look at least a little normal-er. --20:54, 25 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- You'd think so, wouldn't you. --
- You'd do well to spend less time nitpicking at sigs and buggering with critical templates and documents, and more time working on useful projects, Clorox. If you need someone to direct your activities, there are plenty of admins around who can put your idle hands to work. -- T. (talk) 23:21, 25 Nov 2005 (UTC)
can you give me something that i cant screw up lol??
126.96.36.199 20:12, 20 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Genital Herpes? --
something i can add to un?? how is that funny? 188.8.131.52 20:15, 20 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Its funny when someone else has it...... :) The best advice I can give is to have a look at some of the more "quality" articles that are out there and see how they are put together. Currently the things you've added are quite short, and not "article-like", which will be why Admins will keep jumping all over them. Try reading through a few random articles and think about what "funnies" you could add to them.
- Writing great articles like what I do takes time and forethought..... --
- Try expanding it, the longer the article the less likely it'll end up been deleted (most Admins don't read beyond the first paragraph and if the article is shorter than that its open season). Have a look at things like Kitten_Huffing, God, etc. Check out our handy Guide, most of all just have fun writing something. If your article doesn't make YOU laugh then its not going to make anyone else snicker and wet themselves. Have fun! --
thanks yeah i need a good laugh! 184.108.40.206 20:42, 20 Dec 2005 (UTC)
You might want to sign up for a Username too, so you can have your own swanky User Page like what mine is..... --
swanky? thats okay! but its a good thought!
I have no idea how to expand it, huff ahead & Happy new year. -- Kakun 21:55, 31 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Is that yours? To be honest it looks a lot like a vandalised page, particularly with all the comments from the voting page in the middle. I've given it a 7 day stay of execution, so there's a chance we can find some funnies for it. Happy New Year to you too.... :) --
Not to be anti-British or anything, wot (I love the British), but your signature image is really tall. I don't think we want to set a precedent for such things. Carry on, jolly good, and all that rot,17:20, 3 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I wholly agree, chappypants. KATIE!! 17:22, 3 Jan 2006 (UTC)