User talk:Master of Technology
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Master of Technology, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Master of Technology/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!01:19 10-Jun-13
Hello and welcome! Regarding the question you asked about this article by creating a talk page: I replied to you there.01:19 10-Jun-13
Sir, replacing "licking a taco shell" with "ejaculating into a taco shell" does not "clarify a part of the story," to quote your Change History. It takes the author's story in a grosser new direction, covered in a wrapper of dishonesty. Don't do it again.02:10 10-Jun-13
- That's why I didn't. You say I replaced "licking the taco" with "ejaculating into the taco". I didn't. I only edited the KFC part. I don't really think it changed the author's story much either, or made it go in any other direction; but hey, that's a matter of opinion and I guess I can't really argue that. But besides that, in a sense, I suppose that it was more of an inside joke anyways. I used to work at KFC when I was in high school. And some of the kids would say that KFC's fake potatoes tasted like someone ejaculated in them. So I thought, why not add that to the KFC part? It wouldn't take away from the author's original story, and someone might get a kick out of that, but whatever. Do what you want, but make sure next time you get all your information straight about an edit before you false accuse someone again. Master of Technology (talk) 00:37, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry, my quote is inaccurate; your change concerned mashed potatoes, not tacos. The gist of my complaint remains. The answer to "why not add that to the KFC part?" is that, if your information is an inside joke among KFC employees, it is instead cryptic toilet humor to our typical reader, as it was to me. And I do believe that your Change History--Clarified a part of the story.--was misleading.02:51 18-Jun-13