User talk:Lucifuge Rofacale
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Well, you did not get your stuff in order before the Great Move, so your former account here has been renamed Un-Lucifuge Rofacale, along with all your previous conversations and contributions, and I really don't know how you got back in. If you are the same person as before, please try to re-merge them. 14:07 28-Jul-15
- No, I don't get it either. --Lucifuge Rofacale (talk) 14:56, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
With apologies, I asked UnNews Senior Editor EStop to transform this UnNews so that it looks like comedy first, and personal ideological rant a distant second, and he has done so. 21:53 22-Sep-15
- Sorry, I didn't realise that any of it looked like an ideological rant. On the whole, I thought it was rather funny. --Lucifuge Rofacale (talk) 00:19, September 23, 2015 (UTC)
That's the way it struck me at first. But he adds texture to any UnNews he touches.00:39 23-Sep-15
Yes, you did. I don't think my UnNews:Kudlow again teases Senate bid is better, but enjoyed putting yours side-by-side with the other UnNews about conditions in Heaven. 00:48 23-Sep-15
- Hi, sorry about my tardiness! Thought your article was very funny indeed, it reminded me of a Private Eye piece! I picked up the comment about not finding a picture so made one for you, because I really wanted a side-by-side with mine (from that point I was committed!). Not knowing Sewell was a cantankerous old sod may give the impression of a negative editor, but I saw where you were coming from especially after a bit of reading up. I just pulled it towards more of a news story by placing your dialogue within a frame of his first day's employment in Heaven, and shuffled the paragraphs to make the storytelling more linear. As for material, all the jokes and great lines of yours remain pretty-much intact, it is your article so I wanted to be sympathetic with the editing. I do hope you like my treatment too. I probably went to town a bit too much, but editing this was such fun, because it was an education and made me laugh out loud several times! 09:03 23-09-2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for keeping all of the jokes and lines I inserted and inserting many of your own which made me laugh and caused me to feel slightly jealous for not having thought of them myself! You did a fine job and I love the picture; Sewell would laugh his head off. --Lucifuge Rofacale (talk) 14:53, September 23, 2015 (UTC)
I did not know about the "cantankerous" bit and may have mistaken in-the-style-of-the-subject humor for rant. Glad the collaboration worked out so well. I've given the pair top spot, over my article on Kudlow, which had jumped the shark, not unlike Kudlow himself.15:21 23-Sep-15
No, and no. This is a Featured Article (voted to the main page). These are "presumed not to need new help being funny." They can be brought up-to-date (preferably coordinating with an Admin, who might misunderstand) but adding "bickering quotations" is an attempt to install new and different humor.
And bad humor. As I tried to clarify in my Edit Summary, and you can read in detail at UNQUOTE, the function of initial quotations in any article--if you really must--is to induce the reader to continue, not to get the first word in. Comic-book quotations that go back and forth don't do the job. Quotations of the subject to convince the reader what a fool he is are advocacy, not comedy at all. 16:16 13-Oct-15
- Alright, you're the expert but personally I really liked that Oscar Wilde quote. --Lucifuge Rofacale (talk) 13:52, October 14, 2015 (UTC)
Whether it is a good quote is not the point. When you get Featured Articles and some other guy decides they would be better with a Wildeism, we will act comparably to protect your work.
On your edit today: There was indeed one extraneous word in the Intro and I have deleted it. Your revert, on the other hand, among other things reinserted a complete duplicate of a sentence.17:10 16-Oct-15
I reverted you here too, and begged via the Edit Summary for you not to just point out that he would be the first male First Lady but develop the idea. A proposed daily schedule full of feminine activities for Bill if Hillary makes it? Would it be lesbian if the First Lady groped dignitaries' wives?16:26 13-Oct-15
- Haha. Thanks for the suggestions Spike. I'll think of something along those lines.