From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Luc852, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages that anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is devoted to comedy. It pretends it is Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create an article of your own. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Luc852/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help out without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, there are ways to help out without writing at all, such as helping us organize stuff, monitoring the activity log for vandals, or even greeting other new users like this.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Decide to be polite, be positive and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How to be funny and not just stupid."
- For personal help
- All the administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will be watching this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read it and tell you how to improve it.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!20:38 11-Feb-13
Hello and welcome! This article is not yet ready for mainspace, so I am putting it in your userspace. You can continue editing under the name shown above. Some of the bigger problems are:
- You are using the page just as much to teach us about Alkmaar as to make us laugh. This website only exists for you to make us laugh.
- "Nonsense numbers" are not funny. Ajax Jews are not funny. Nothing is funny by itself. Instead of putting stuff on the page and thinking it is a joke that tells itself, you must actually tell the joke. Repeating my advice above, you should read our comedy guide, How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid.
- You can see that the page doesn't look like an Uncyclopedia page. You can figure this out by imitating other articles.
Keep going, and happy editing!20:38 11-Feb-13