User talk:Lord Serioch
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Lord Serioch, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Anyway, here are a few good links for nooblets:
If you read anything at all, make it the above two links. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, try these:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- How to get started editing on uncyclopedia
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
edit Welcome to UnNews
|On your knees, worthy one! The Right Reverend Major Sir Zim_ulator blesses you.|
Your blessings are increasing exponentially. In the name of Sophia, the Church of Uncyclopedia and the Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic, kneel and receive the melding of Zim's holy axe and your wetware. Now go write me a good UnNews article. Cheers! Get saved! 03:48, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to UnNews, Lord Serioch, and thank you for contributing some crap, or otherwise attracting my attention. For a quick introduction about how you can write a decent or better UnNews article, please take a minute read our spiffy new Style Guide.
I am your humble servant (in your dreams), and if I may be of help to you, please leave me a note on my talk page.
You can win awards and prizes! You can become a better writer by subjecting your articles to the scrutiny of UnNews critique machine or UnCanninator shit article detection system. You can become a thorn in the side of Journalism as a whole. You can get promotions, ribbons, and free crockery! You can write stuff your mom would be ashamed to show her friends.
If you've submitted an article, and it's disappeared, I may have mercy-moved it to your user space. This means I've probably left a message on your talk page, likely in close proximity to this very message, explaining why.
Your article may have been tagged for ICU if it has significant problems meeting our criteria, or I may have deleted it because you did not register as a user.
Finally, maybe you just pissed me off. I mean, I know I'm a Roshi, and I'm supposed to be all "Zen" about everything, but I have bad days too, you know?
If you are interested in doing an UnNews audio, check this out.
At present, I create UnCartoons for UnNews all by my onesies, for better or worse. Now, I will never claim that I am a good cartoonist. Fortunately, the internet provides us a way to do all sorts of things simply and easily. I found Stripgenerator.com, a great site to create cartoons with a minimum of talent.
- This document is an ongoing effort by me to enhance the obfuscation coefficient of Uncyclopedia; productive changes, and criticism are welcome. Cheers! The Right and Left Reverend Major Sir Get saved! 17:38, March 28, 2010 (UTC) Get saved! 00:52, 29 January 2008 (UTC)
edit Er, not taking anything personally, are we?
Just thought I'd check, because, well...
- I review your article, giving what I think to be positive, helpful feedback. OK, it's not a huge score, but I'm trying to be honest and giving tips on how to improve it. And I'm very positive about the potential.
- You write this.
Now, the edit history says it's not meant to be serious, but the timing and tone it takes makes it seem just a mite suspicious - have we taken things to heart a tad?
So just to say this again: I gave an honest opinion - that's the best I can do for you. I'm not going to lie to make you feel better, but I am going to give you tips to improve, and encourage you to do so - see my reply to you on my talk page! From that I repeat: lots of users started off here writing less than stellar articles on their first go. Have a look at mine, for instance. I do give a damn about the writer of every article I review. That's why I spend plenty of time on each review, and give as many tips, and as much advice as I can. For me, the worst reviews are ones that tell you nothing. I spent half an hour on that review - that should show you I care!
If you think linking to HTBFANJS was an insult, consider this: some of our best and most featured writers still read it every time they write a new article, because they find it helps them.
And finally, if you don't like my opinion, you can get a second one. Put it back up for review, specify you want a second opinion, ask someone in particular if you like.
Of course, it could be that you just found the whole thing amusing, and I'm the one taking things personally. But you have to admit, the timing is "interesting"! So I hope you didn't take offense, because assuredly none was intended. Anyway, that's enough wibbling from me, I'm off to do something else now. Tatty byes! --SirU.U.Esq. VFH | GUN | Natter | Uh oh | Pee 09:58, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Ah well, thanks for clearing that up - it just felt like the timing was co-incidental, to say the least, but no worries and no harm done! I'll try to take another look in the next couple of days, depends how busy I find myself at work really! As to sigs, have a look here, that should answer most questions you have. If you want to base yours on someone else's, take a look at the page - most of them are saved under some variation of User:Username/sig so a little experimentation should find it. User:Under user/sig2 is my latest, for example. Then rip out the code, change everything that applies, and Bob's your auntie's live-in lover. See you around! --SirU.U.Esq. VFH | GUN | Natter | Uh oh | Pee 09:05, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
edit Image Request
- OK, here's the deal: I can't find a decent source image that fits your request - a businessman sitting in a library reading. So if you find the source image, I'll add the tail. Deal? --SirU.U.Esq. VFH | GUN | Natter | Uh oh | Pee 10:22, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
edit Your ancient image request...
A long long time ago... you made a request at RadicalX's Corner, I am archiving the page so if you still want a pic please post a new request. -- 11:41, 12 June 2009 (UTC)