From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello Jupiterfox, and welcome to Uncyclopedia!
So what's this message all about? Well, I know it looks like this was automatically generated, and well, OK... you caught me. I'm lazy, so I paste it in. But... if you have been sent this it does mean that I have noticed your contributions, and think that you're going to do some good stuff here. So who am I? Oh, just someone putting his nose in where it is probably not wanted...
Anyway, if you have not already, I SERIOUSLY recommend that you read the link below:
Probably the second most important link for a newcomer is:
- How to be funny and not just stupid - Basically it's a guide to writing humours articles which has been edited and improved over time by the users of this site. It's not an insult, and it's well worth a look.
If you want to find out how we decide which articles to feature on the front page, check out the VFH page. Basically, we vote for them. Anyone can vote. Especially you! You might find VFH a useful page to look over as it gives an idea of the kind of standard which you need to reach if you want to get an article featured.
If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia, try these:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- How to get started editing
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
- Our Vanity Policies - stuff we don't care about
- The FAQs - a few commonly asked questions answered for your convenience
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page (if this message has appeared in the last few minutes, I'm propablly still on-line). A list of administrators can be found here. If you think you are going to be around a while, and would like extra help on a more personal level, you just might be able to convince someone at the Uncyclopedian Adopt-a-Noob program to take you under their wing. Browse our list of available mentors, and leave one of them a message on their talk page.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
edit Mama Luigi
Would it kill you to use capital letters? They exist you know. That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario! 02:41, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
edit Hea Dude
I have moved Sally Acorn to User:Jupiterfox/Sally Acorn. It currently is too random it be in the mainspace. I can see you have put a lot of effort into it, so I could not bring myself to delete it. However, please tone down the random, and try to make it actually about the character. If you do this, let me know, and I will check it and move it back into the mainspace for you. Have fun. MrN 00:06, Mar 11
- About random: removing random doesn't mean removing the funny. We don't necessarily believe random = funny here. Or namedropping, for that matter. Have a little look at HTBFANJS, which is a collection of useful tips for writing funny stuff without being random (we're not calling you stupid, we all read it!) We're not asking you to make a factual Wikipedia article, just one that makes a little sense - it can be done while still being really funny, honest! Have fun with it, play around with it, ask for a pee review if you get stuck and want suggestions. Don't despair and keep going with it, you'll find the funny if you keep going. Good luck! --UU - natter 15:37, Mar 12
- Or you could ignore my friendly message and re-create it in the mainspace with no changes at all. Don't do that again - follow the advice above and work on it first, or it will get deleted again and again. Like this... --UU - natter 16:27, Mar 12
I'm starting to get a bit worried about your edits... Take your time. Slow down, and read HTBFANJS all the way through. Seriously. MrN 18:47, Mar 12 Dont worry about my edits.the thing i did with the burger king was temporary. I just wanted to see if anybody would notice the edit.i was going to delete the king of hyrule content after 10 minutes.plus,i just find random articles funnier on here than the more coherent ones so i try to create more random ones. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jupiterfox (talk • contribs)
- Well, I almost banned you for it. Some of the other admins here might well have done so. Please don't "test" stuff like that. If you want to mess around, do it in your userspace or the Sandbox... Also, please sign your posts on talk pages using ~~~~ Thanks, and have fun... MrN 23:27, Mar 12
edit Hi Dude
edit Drake and Josh
Again, a construction tag expired and you can now find your article in the link above.15:10, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
I don't agree with your comment on VFD to keep this article--just having a long article doesn't mean it should be kept. If he spent two days on crap, that doesn't mean it's not crap! Separately, how did you get your vote to go to the right of everyone else's?!01:02 12-Dec-09
- about the fullmetal article, i thought it deserved to stay.Sure it had some random stuff on it but it had witty puns like alchemist being a pun on alchemy.and it had basic facts about the homunculi and a little plot about th emain characters of the anime.mabye its just me.after all,all my articles on here are basically crap.excuse my grammer.its just taht my computer keeps freezing whne typing.its a pain in the ass. i ahve to wait like an hour before my text appears on the screen.User:Jupiterfox/signature
I fixed the table in VFD, and moved your reply here from my talk page. (Various people do it either way, but most want to keep the conversation together.) You're entitled to your preferences, but if people who like "crap" vote, then we'll get crap!!! Alchemist is not a pun on Alchemy! it's basically the same word! I voted against you as I didn't see anything funny in the article, but said I might reconsider, as I don't know the show it's based on. Sometimes appearing on VFD gets people to work on it. I too have a slow line--am trying to run WiFi through snow flurries. But that's no excuse for anything.02:30 12-Dec-09
But let's get serious: Your "My preferences" says your signature is in Jupiterfox/signature, but there is no such file! Nor Jupiterfox/sig So we can't see your signature nor the timestamp on your messages!02:33 12-Dec-09
Ohh well, i really dont pay too much atttention to grammer on this site.i try to have good grammer.but i just dont feel like waiting for like 1 letter to show up on screen for 2 days just to make a small comment.i didnt mean to use the word pun exactly.what i meant was that he used stuff related to the study of alchemy on the article,like showing a famous alchemist.thats what i meant.soemtimes i just throw the word pun out there when i cant find the exact words to describe something.
edit Toilet-paper award
I've enjoyed our conversations here; but, as "no good deed goes unpunished," I've nominated you for the Uncyclopedia toilet-paper award for January, as your votes on VFD are always the opposite of everyone else!
Nomination said: "Sporadic user of just over a year has become a faithful vote on VFD to complicate things every time a vote to delete a crufty article reaches critical mass. He explains the article's two "jokes," also its huge potential. Prize should include a copy of Strunk & White."
You can thank me later.00:04 2-Jan-10
PS--You've already got two votes! and I think you will win for one simple reason: It's not really about drama, and everyone would much rather make fun of your voting than make fun of anyone's article-writing.00:40 2-Jan-10
edit Mentioning other users in articles
I noticed that you mentioned <that one guy who we don't talk about> in Fifi's Angels, and his article series that generated alot of drama. Generally you should avoid mentioning users in mainspace articles, it is at best in-jokey and possibly cyberbulling. You should especially avoid mentioning relatively unknown users or users who left/were permabanned because of drama. There are some instances when user mentioning is permissible. However, its probably wiser to avoid it altogether, as user-mention does very little improvement to articles and could be considered cyberbulling if done wrong. I took the liberty of replacing names in that section. --Mn-z 02:57, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
look the thing is,my writing on here is pretty relaxed.i dont really pay attention to technial stuff that much.i dont know ,i just dont take my content on this site seriously considering it usually gets deleted all the time.mabeye I should just pay a little more attention.PUDDINGjupiterfox 14 March 2010 (UTC)</small>
- M'kay, so like, if you ever want to write an article in the future, let me know so we can collab. I'd like to see you stay here as an active member, so I'll help you with any articles you write. Is that okay? —Paizuri MUN (Talk • Contribs • Poll!) 19:24, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
okay okay,that will be cool.ill let you know when i gonna write something new.i was thinking of fixing up that new princess toadstool(peach article) though.ill put some stuff on it in about 2 days and well see if we can work together on it.jupiterfox 14 March 2010 (UTC)</small>
- Actually there's already a Princess Peach article in construction, but we can just replace it with some new content. See you then! —Paizuri MUN (Talk • Contribs • Poll!) 19:57, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
thanks for the help on the peach article pelargonium.im gonna continue adding stuff and you can fix it up some more.but do you think we can keep the part about her becoming evil.i thought the concept was kinda funny.but i think yuo should write that part. i think i might make it too stupid.Jupiterfox
- Okay, I'll do what I can. You just keep adding stuff and I'll proofread and revise —Paizuri MUN (Talk • Contribs • Poll!) 00:53, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
came to work on the peach article again Pelargonium.thats cool.but did you have to remove nearly all my content?look you asked me to collabif you think my stuff is not revisable i can understand but please notify me before you decide to remake the whole article .you dont want to collab any more?? .jupiterfox March 20 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry. :( I was rewriting it so that it was all about how Peach is evil, but my mobile browser screwed up and deleted most of the stuff. I'll try to add it back. —Paizuri MUN (Talk • Contribs • Poll!) 21:27, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
edit Hey jupiterfox
okay thats cool,ill just keep on adding stuff and you can check it when youre able too.Jupiterfox17 March 2010 (UTC)
came to work on the peach article again Pelargonium.thats cool.but did yuo have to remove nearly all my content?look if you dont think my stuff is revisable i can understand but please notify me before you decide to remake the whole article .i can still add stuff now but if you dont want me to contribute to the article any more just tell me.Jupiterfox20 March 2010 (UTC)
edit Joke bombs on VFD
So you say, "See? someone agrees with me!" and I quibble about one little thing and say, "See? No one agrees with you!" in a VFD debate where half the people obviously do agree with you! I thought it would be clear that that part is a joke. But Happytimes gave me a "Boo!" (not like Casper the Ghost, I think) even before you protested. Sorry it wasn't clearer.20:54 17-Mar-10