From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
To start a new page you can provide a link to it on another page. For example, if you want to start a page about soup you could insert [[soup]] somewhere in the Food page. This will create a red link that you can follow to create the new page.
If all else fails and you can't find a suitable place to insert a link, you can always just use your user page. Happy trails. --Rcmurphy 13:03, 9 May 2005 (EDT)
edit Apparent Vanity Policy Violation
I'd like to inform you that the article you just wrote, "Malmsey George", was likely in violation of our vanity policies. It has since been deleted, and if it is recreated violating said policies again, you will receive a 36-hour block. Uncyclopedia deletes vanity articles because 99% of the time, they just aren't funny to us. I'm sure it could be the most hilarious thing to you and your buddies, but the rest of us are standing around scratching our heads in bewilderment. Also, writing libel about people you know is not tolerated here. An alternative you could pursue is placing your article as a subpage of your userpage, eg. User:Jackiespeel/Malmsey George. If you believe I'm mistaken (and there's a good chance I could be), please leave me a note on my talk page and I'll double-check. Thanks. —Major Sir Hinoa 01:23, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
edit Welcome back
On your comment that there is another "Spike" at "TeaWiki" —
tea.wikia.com does not seem to have one, and
greentea.wikia.com has "just" been shut down if we can believe the message. Sannse claims there is no conflict with the name. Thanks for your invitation to follow you to other wikis, but I am plenty busy on this one, and don't know you well enough to follow you anywhere, except maybe to a baseball stadium! 13:26 8-Jun-15
- I was referring to SpikeToronto. Jackiespeel (talk) 16:17, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I am not he either.19:29 8-Jun-15
- Offer stands for the various wikis. Jackiespeel (talk) 21:40, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
Have just found your user page on
tea.wikia.com. SpikeToronto seems to be very knowledgeable. However, I am a coffee person, and have my hands full here! 04:03 16-Jun-15
How long after 10 June will the merger-name-banner stay? (As some people are intermittent users.) Jackiespeel (talk) 18:21, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I moved your question here as it did not need to be a broadcast (and the banner isn't technically part of the Main Page). Wikia has told us that the merger will involve a process lasting four weeks in which new user registration won't work. (You arrived just in time, by a few years!) See Forum:User database merge for the details. 18:34 15-Jun-15
- PS--There is a banner for logged-out users and one for logged-in users. The "10 June" banner is for logged-in users, as only they need to get their registered email in order to show Wikia that they are the same person here and elsewhere. But 10 June, itself a postponement, is not correct, as we had new user registrations into 15 June UTC. The notice to Anon needs to stay the same for the four weeks. It might be that users adjusting their records would let Wikia treat them correctly even if it happened within the four weeks. Apart from that, we are always looking for new themes, and as soon as this settles down, we ought to have yet another writing competition. 18:40 15-Jun-15
I was just being curious about the database (and as I am the same here and on Wikia there was not going to be a problem :) Jackiespeel (talk) 21:49, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
- OK. If you append to this page, I will see it; whereas if you keep answering on my page, future readers will be baffled by reading only one half the dialogue! 02:54 16-Jun-15
edit Ancient pages
The problem you reported at Uncyclopedia:Report a problem was addressed in Section 1 of that page. In short, there is no problem. I have edited the report header to make it clearer that being an Ancient Page is not inherently a problem, especially for UnNews articles.
Separately, you can make your posts clearer and not trigger the Abuse Filter if, instead of the full URL, you use double brackets and the simple page name, such as
Remember to use four tildes to sign.16:53 29-Jun-15
- It is not that they are ten years old (and thus would be capable of legal understanding if they were persons) but that some of the entries need to be updated - eg entry 1.M:List of Uncyclopedias and entry 2 How to start a new Uncyclopedia go to 'bad title' and entry 5. Ferret smoking crack goes to a slightly skewed redirect.
- 'Old things can be fun' (and 'hallucigenia is slightly cute').
This too is explained in Section 1 of that page. There are a handful of invalid page names throughout Uncyclopedia, mostly caused by the creation of a page name with a prefix before that prefix became an actual namespace. I've reported this to Wikia but they say their hands are full.
Again: Please keep both sides of the conversation in the same place for the benefit of future readers.17:26 29-Jun-15
- With entries such as those highlighted best to check first before trying to improve them (so one does not distrupt the entire system 'trying to be helpful). Jackiespeel (talk) 18:43, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
Again: Please keep both sides of the conversation in the same place for the benefit of future readers. That means do not keep putting your side of the conversation on my talk page instead of here.02:18 30-Jun-15