From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, ILikeTrains1, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:ILikeTrains1/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you. Here are some pages that might help:
Writing funny articles
|Understanding Uncyclopedia: About us • Beginner's Guide • Our projects • Getting ideas • Help menu|
|Understanding Funny: How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid • Funny and not just stupid images • Choosing words creatively|
|What to avoid: Vandalism • Cyberbullying • Writing about yourself or your pals • Drama • Overuse of initial quotations • Overuse of lists|
|What people have asked for: Articles • Pictures|
|Additional help: Get spelling/grammar help • Find or become a co-author • How to write an UnNews • Ask an Admin • Get feedback on your work|
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Hello! Nice work with your first UnNews! It's a very good start, but could be developed a bit more, and I didn't understand why Apple called its own research 'subjective'. Did you mean 'objective' or is there something I missed? Anton (talk) 08:08, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Goddamn it, I knew I should have posted it on UnSignpost. I misspelled. ILikeTrains (talk | contribs) 08:31, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- No! UnSignpost is our local newspaper which talks about what happened on Uncyclopedia. If you are interested, you can get subscribed to it. It used to be once every week, but now it is delivered about once a month. Anton (talk) 16:25, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the UnNews! It is on the Front Page — above the fold! Can you figure out a way to work in the word "diversify"?11:56 15-May-14
- Thank you so much! Do you mean in the title, or in the body, or whereabouts do you want "diversify"? ILikeTrains (talk | contribs) 21:52, May 15, 2014 (UTC)
It's not vital, but it's a typical buzzword when people say an economy is too dependent on one thing, to recommend "diversification." By the way, although your joke is funny (an economy too dependent on poppies might embrace meth), the UnNews basically has just that one joke. Whereas, when international "experts" advise a country what to do with its economy, there are hundreds of ways to pull the story in additional directions. (Compare Greece!)22:06 15-May-14
- So, in a nutshell, I'll just weave it throughout the article, correct? ILikeTrains (talk | contribs) 22:09, May 15, 2014 (UTC)
Not the same word, surely! I'm not telling you what you have to do, just trying to give you some additional ideas.22:32 15-May-14
edit Have you forgotten about the UnSignpost's anniversary?
- That would be very much appreciated, thank you! ILikeTrains1 (talk | contribs) 05:47, May 21, 2014 (UTC)
edit Ruddy Hell...it's Harry and the UnSignpost!
edit Here's a very special UnSignpost