From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit January 2010: Attempt to save off VFD
All right, "HELPME," thanks for volunteering (for succumbing to my peer pressure on VFD) to attempt a save of this article. I'll be watching and perhaps helping. My recommendations on where to start were in my nomination on VFD. If you want my advice on direction or technique, we can discuss it here.
I'll go first and delete all of Section 4. The "Piece of crap warning" is either going to be untrue or we're doomed, and the three links in the section seem to go to an on-line game where you can check out someone's game characters. If it's not vanity, it's not funny.22:44 1-Feb-10
The biggest problem with what's here now is it's mostly babbling. Before you start, decide what exactly is the joke you want to tell using this article. Look at Jam Jesus, which Romartus and I just saved. It used to be just babbling; then we decided the Catholic Church created this jam to get people into church; so: What does the Vatican think about it? What does the Surgeon General think about it? How did they advertise it? Where does it go next?
If it were I, I would illustrate "The Undead" by reference to a celebrity or a person who should be dead but isn't--kept alive by artificial means. Barbara Walters and Nancy Pelosi come to mind, but it's up to you.22:48 1-Feb-10
- OK, and thanks for pushing me to actually do something. And don't be alarmed if my first edits don't add content; I'm fixing any grammar mistakes first.
- Also, where is section 4? Not the See Also section, right?HELPME, I've fallen and I can't get up!/ Talk to me or die!/ My daddy!(ew) 22:55, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Read the above. Second paragraph.22:58 1-Feb-10
- Found it, thanks. I'm kinda slow. HELPME, I've fallen and I can't get up!/ Talk to me or die!/ My daddy!(ew) 23:03, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
One other thing: Please fill out the Summary: line when you edit to make it clear what (and sometimes, why) you're doing. This is a key way to coordinate, as we are both on Eastern Standard Time--though I'm going to leave you alone with this tonight.23:06 1-Feb-10
One other other thing (assuming you figure out how this bounced back to Mainspace): See User:SPIKE/Undead for a direction you might take it in. By all means, though, do fix the small stuff like grammar first. 23:21 1-Feb-10
- Again, slow. I have no idea why it was moved, but it doesn't matter much anyway. And I did some fixing, now I'm going to get red of the red links and make it look less strange. HELPME, I've fallen and I can't get up!/ Talk to me or die!/ My daddy!(ew) 23:26, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
VFD says Pelargonium moved it as a favor to you--and Mr. N. banned his ass for two hours.23:38 1-Feb-10
- Unfortunately if we don't wave the ban stick around sometimes people don't listen. I got a day off for doing exactly what I was meant to be doing when poopsmithing once you know! You guys should have been here a few years ago!! I'm telling you! They don't make em like they used to... /end grumble MrN 23:48, Feb 1
I'm looking at the list of famous Undead in Section 3. A lot of people think that just putting someone's name in a list is instant laughs without work. Wrong! Now, what is it about Madonna that tells us she is Undead? Then John Kerry? If you expand each of these to a sentence or more, that will be actual humor.23:41 1-Feb-10
Now Mordillo has checked in and protected the page against all edits until it clears VFD; so "HELPME," I recommend you flip to Delete and count on Mr. N. not to forget he is to move the deleted page to your userspace. He probably won't forget....23:50 1-Feb-10
It appears now to be unprotected. Unfortunately, we have probably lost the services of "HELPME" for the evening. He is watching the lightning in the sky, unaware that it is the Gods striving one against another.02:05 2-Feb-10