From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Grammmamslam, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Grammmamslam/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!13:15 26-May-13
Hello and welcome! This article is a respectable hoax. It needs a photo or two, and proofreading--If you can't see where, you can ask for someone else to correct it, as described above. Happy editing!13:15 26-May-13
If you are really done with the first one....I don't like your approach with this article as much. You've done some good clean-up, but you swearing about Schrödinger is not funny, and it certainly breaks the cover of us being an encyclopedia. "Schrödinger is a Fuckbag/douchebag" is not a joke unless you can also explain, encyclopedia-style, why Schrödinger was a fuckbag/douchebag. Without explanation about how he personally died in 9/11, using that as his date of death is a "nonsense number" whose unfunniness is exactly touched on in our How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, which you should look at. Finally, someone before you took this article in one direction and I think you are taking it in another. Please study if you can integrate your work and his, or make your contribution as a separate Schrödinger article with a slightly different title. (We don't mind having several articles on the same thing and we don't care if they're inconsistent.) Cheers! 15:52 26-May-13
- I tried fixing it hope its better now —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Grammmamslam (talk • contribs)
(See "How to post to talk pages" above for indenting, signing, and timestamping.) I did delete your tiny final section for reasons I stated in the Change Summary.16:43 26-May-13
It is getting there. Glad you got rid of the script; some people think they are writing for a TV show. (If they want to, we have a department called UnScripts.) Do contact the Reverend P. Pennyfeather and ask him to proofread your article when you are done. 21:06 26-May-13
Told you he was a good guy, though he also proofread your request! Now, "proofreading" usually means just fixing misspellings and stuff, not telling you whether it is any good, but you have already asked for a Pee Review, which should do the rest. (The Reverend might have suggestions as well.)22:01 26-May-13
If you intend to rewrite an Uncyclopedia article, would you please develop it in your userspace and not slash up the existing article and leave its bloody corpse in the encyclopedia? I have created a copy of the article where you left it, at the address shown above.12:44 27-May-13
I'm sorry I did not intend to leave it like that I planned on finishing it but it was getting late and I had to get some sleep. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Grammmamslam (talk • contribs)
- Good to see someone doing an article on the "Desert Fox." Thank you. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM 12:51, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Patience young padiwan. As I have said on my talk page I will soon. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM 05:17, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I have reviewed your article. Please help to uphold are give and take policy by doing a review for someone else. I also see User:Anton199 did another review for you so that is two reviews that you could do, please.
edit Two Pee Reviews Coming Up!
edit Are you here or not?
I'm still here I've been very busy sorry about that
- Hi Grammamslam. Remember to sign your posts! Also, if you add something to your User page, your name on the logs changes from "Danger Red" to the more soothing "User Blue". --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 06:57, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Grammmamslam, please, sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). Please. And having a user page is almost always better than not having it because people might want to know more about you when they see your contributions. Anton (talk) 17:39, August 2, 2013 (UTC)