From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Um. I don't see your user name on the history page for either Fight Club or Fight club. So... I'm sorry, had you actually been responsible for either of them? On a different username, maybe? I'm not going to say my version is laugh-out-loud hilarious, but I do think it's a small step up from this:
"You can fight any entry in the Uncyclopedia. The first rule is, you have to challenge their spelling sincerely. The second rule is all heads banged on concrete floors until blood flows. The third rule is nunchaku." --DrAwesome 13:15, 29 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Oops; you're right, I forgot to mention that I changed my username. I did write them, and spent some time protecting them. I find my version funny because of the awkward diction, and because it goes somewhere, ANYWHERE, besides reference humor. I don't want to do reference humor. I thought the idea of an Unencyclopedia Fight Club sounded like a lot more fun than reference humor. I think what the page really needs is a picture of Napoleon Dynamite doing something incredibly violent and then it'll all be good.
edit Ecks Plan ayy shun
sorry about puttin' the red link banner on top a your Megatexas article. Well ya see, I was pushin' the random page button and was trying to help uncyclopedia a little bit. Mostly little stuff, like puttin a stub on a paragraph not in any catergories or puttin redlink on articles with a excess of red links. Yeah, I guess I was bein' kinda lazy for not linking things to articles but I don't have that much free time to edit away and was just trying to help. I'll try to not be so lazy in the future. --Witt E, 21:41, 24 April 2006 (UTC)
Great Rewrite.18:43, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
Hmm, I'm looking in to this a little, seeing as it's been put up for deletion - I don't like to just lazily vote, I like to know what's going on and be fair. You're active, and you seem to take pride in the article. Normally I'd be voting "keep" right now, but seeing those links to your comic page at the bottom has me thinking this is a kind of elaborate promo for your work, or some kind of vanity. The fact that this page comes up ahead of your site when you Google "Megatexas", plus your username, kinda reinforce this feeling. Please read our vanity policies, and if you feel your article doesn't cross those guidelines, please let me know. Soon, or the article is likely to be gone (although I can always bring it back easily if you convince me). --UU - natter 11:03, Oct 5
Definitely not self-promotion. The comics in question were made to support the wiki, and not the other way around. That's why they're there, and free.
I don't consider this to be an advertisement in any way I can see or imagine. It's essentially fan art, for a universe I made up myself.
As you can see the article has been there for a very long time and has a lot of other stuff that links to it. Because it's so old it has weathered occasional trolls and deletion attempts, because it is certainly not what people expect in an Uncyclopedia.
This article is not "funny" in the same sense that the rest of Unencyclopedia is "funny." But that's all right, because a lot of the rest of Unencyclopedia is just plain not funny. I enjoy the parody articles and write those too, but there is space here for more extended flights of imagination. --Geoffsebesta 11:24, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the swift response, I appreciate it, and have cast my vote accordingly. If it is kept (and it's still up to the community), I hope you follow my recommendations - while the humour of many of our articles is essentially a matter of preference, they do at least make an attempt to be funny (whether you think they succeed or fail is up to you). Your article doesn't make so many attempts, and our raison d'etre is more to do with humour than just flights of imagination alone - so possibly pay a little more lip service to this idea, and people might leave your article alone! Good luck... --UU - natter 11:36, Oct 5
Hello! Uncyclopedians who mince words are always welcome! Regarding British versus American spelling ("hypnotises"), the general rule is to go with whatever style the author uses (as inconsistency is a distraction for the reader) unless it's inappropriate for the subject matter. All I know is the article starts out noting that this is an English band, so you ought to go back to the British spelling that the article used. Cheers!01:48 26-Aug-13
Now Simsilikesims becomes the second site Admin to remove the section Formal Apology from the Author of this Article, about which she writes, "this goes more into the realm of opinion, not humor." It may have been funny for the Author to type, but it is not funny enough for the reader to read to overcome this problem. I will also re-delete the fanboy sentence, "Robert Smith's hair is not of this earth" and the drive-by mention of anal insertion. Separately, the initial photo deserves a caption better than, "You're too fucking fat." It should look encyclopedic and be funny. Cheers! 20:17 7-Sep-13
- moved here from User talk:SPIKE
Check the history. I've been maintaining that article for eight years now.
Please, back off. You are deeply frustrating me. Please, please, get off of this article. I wrote it, I maintained it, and you are adding nothing to it. I cannot state this strongly enough; your participation is not helpful, your criticism is not funny (seriously, trying to get me to switch to British spelling because it's a British band?). You are not making the page funnier, and you are bothering the author.
--Geoffsebesta (talk) 02:10, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Don't want to criticize anything but, even though the article is not in a very bad shape, the sections such as "Apology" and all the sentences that Spike has tried to delete are not good enough. And if it is you who wrote the article, it does not mean it won't get rewritten by someone else if it needs to be. Just saying. Anton (talk) 09:17, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I want to criticise. Americans can't spell write at all! • Puppy's talk page • 09:41 08 Sep 2013
- In the start of this section, I did not insist that an article about a British band use British spelling. I got to that point after noting that your article used both spellings. Inconsistency is a needless distraction to the reader, and we have nothing better to do than remove such distractions.
- The rest of my points don't need restating, and I am now joined by several other power users.
- It is more important that you continue to contribute here than that I prevail over these minor stylistic issues. However, your expectation of sole access to this article contradicts the way this or any wiki works. To contribute to the mainspace of a wiki is to risk unwanted collaboration. And to reply that this is "deeply frustrating" is to expect to prevail by whining. If you pulled that on a random Uncyclopedian, I would block you from editing. 11:49 8-Sep-13
You are abusing the little power this site gives you. I cannot fight an unfunny moderator, so I am sincerely willing to leave this site over this. If you have any sincere interest in maintaining participation in Uncyclopedia you will reconsider your actions and back off. If you do not, I am done here. You, specifically, will end my eight years of involvement in this site if you do not change your ways. --Geoffsebesta (talk) 15:59, September 8, 2013 (UTC)