From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Hey! WELCOME!
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, EdAlvey, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! I hope you have fun here, and I'm Newman66! I am an upbeat Uncyclopedian, and I am kind enough to give you this welcome!
- You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:EdAlvey/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist). If you are out of ideas and totally mind-blocked for the LOL, go to Uncyclopedia:Requested articles, or if you want to make an article where Swananas in a nursery will start all the searching for of your creative articles, go to User:Newman66/Swanana Care.
- If you wrote an article, we have a Proofreading service where one of us will correct your mistakes, and the Pee Review where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- Our vanity policies- why you SHOULD not write any of your (exactly) entire personal information about yourself or a real life friend.
edit If you want to know more
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue.
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which will get replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
edit Your first edits
Hello and welcome! Your first edits take a couple articles a little further in the direction they were going in, but a better idea might be to take them in a different direction. At Jay-Z, there is a list whose only real humor is that it's absurdly long — and that it tells the same joke over and over (which we hope to discourage in our style guide at How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid, please read it). Your change takes this absurdly long list and appends an absurdly long entry which, like the other entries, pranks rather than entertains your reader by linking him somewhere he has no reason to go. My take would be to pare this down instead.
On Vin Diesel, you ought to read UNQUOTE, our most recent attempt to describe what initial quotations ought to be doing and what they often do instead. The one you added has nothing to do with Oscar Wilde, except to make him a vessel to discuss conspiracies, Asians, and extreme-right-wingers. This is not the stuff to get your reader to jump in and read it! With apologies, I'm deleting this and the earlier Wildeism and Captain Obvious and the link to another random page. Sorry about that! 13:55 20-Oct-13
PS--In fact, the later stages of Vin Diesel go on and on, and see above about telling the same joke over and over. It would be good if you could do major surgery on this article. 14:02 20-Oct-13