From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Dutchy, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If not, the door's right over there... no, a little more to your left... yeah. Anyway, here are a few good links for nooblets:
If you read anything at all, make it the above two links. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, try these:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or ask at the Dump. Again, welcome! --
Welcome indeed! It's always nice to meet a fellow countryman abroad. Though you might not suspect so from seeing my nick, I am a one hundred percent dutch bastard (in heart and kidneys), currently living at - you guessed it - three meters below NAP. Long live the Dykes! I hope you'll enjoy all the wonderfull nonsense that you find here, and be sure to look at the article on Dutch. It definately will make your head asplode! -- di Mario 10:15, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Man! I just read some of your stuff! It's funny! I liked Prometheus and Youranus! LOL! The Stephen Hawking quote is brilliant. May I suggest a "Urectum" joke ? -- di Mario 10:44, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the comments! Glad you liked them. It is always nice to meet a fellow Nederlander. You are more than welcome to add a Urectum joke or an inconstipation pun or two. Looking forward to reading your own stuff! Dutchy 11:51, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
You can open the history tag and then punch the version you like, and edid-save it, thereby reloading the old version.09:45, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
Zoals u misschien al weet is er een Nederlandse variant op Uncylopedia genaamd Oncyclopedie. Hierbij wil ik U uitnodigen om hieraan mee te schrijven. De link is http://oncyclo.pedie.info/.
Wij hopen dat u zin heeft om het eens uit te proberen, gegroet, Sgt pepper 20:27, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
(this message was send to everyone who is in the category user:NL. You wil only recieve it once)
edit Award from UN:REQ
| This user created Youranus, an article originally requested on Uncyclopedia:Requested Articles. Good for |
(If awarding yourself please update the award statistics)
Please try again here. Your Intro is an improvement over what was there, but an article should start with a definition and not a list of synonyms. Also, one of the links is to an article that doesn't exist, and four initial quotations are too much, especially if one of them falls back on Oscar Wilde.
I rolled you back at Prometheus because writing about genitalia isn't funny (unless you somehow make it funny) and "His current whereabouts are unknown" has no humor and doesn't even help us look like an encyclopedia. Can't you make something up? Cheers! 12:17 9-Mar-15
- Hi Spike, after a long absence from this site I revisited it today and decided to inspect some of the pages I originally wrote. I made a few adjustments and reversals, as newer additions to the page are either stupid or nonsensical. However, you reverted two of these (in the topics listed above) and I do not understand why. In 'Prometheus', the change is a reversal to the original idea also posed later on the page and the change made no sense, apart from being factual (which is just silly). In Eternity, I simply reinstated the original lines because the change was, again, just not funny. So why are you undoing my own work?
- I appreciate if the original wasn't considered funny, but if the changes made are even less funny, then why not stick with the reversal?
Hello! Let's keep both halves of the discussion here. Thanks for contacting me to understand the disagreement. I explained my revert at Prometheus in the Change Summary, then again above. I did not know it was mostly your article and someone else had left a dropping on it; only looked at the new text and decided it wasn't really funny. A more substantial edit that is actually funny should be easy for you. I did not undo you at Eternity but again suggest that, rather than just restoring your old version, you make a substantial improvement. An Admin doesn't see the entire history (unless you ask him to) but usually looks at the day's edit in isolation. (Please type four straight tildes to sign and date posts to talk pages.)12:44 9-Mar-15
- Fair enough, I'll have a look at it again. Apologies for the incorrect formatting and chat location, haven't been here since about 2010 and I cannot remember any of the formatting code. Dutchy (talk) 12:51, March 9, 2015 (UTC)Dutchy
We try to keep it cryptic! Another thing, rather than make an edit and three more to correct mistakes, use the Preview button to see how it will look, then press Save when it is in good shape. This lets you do whatever editing you want but minimizes the official changes to the wiki. However, as you are a returning veteran Uncyclopedian, I have switched on your
autopatrolled so that your edits are not flagged as possible vandalism — a new feature since you were last here. 13:05 9-Mar-15
- Cheers. I appreciate the feedback. Nice to see that the place is still going strong. Dutchy (talk) 13:22, March 9, 2015 (UTC)Dutchy
Thanks! Also, please move quickly to improve the article — or react calmly if a different Admin should see an edit with summary: "Undid revision by SPIKE", evaluate it in isolation as I did, and revert you again.16:20 9-Mar-15