From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Um, do you realize that this is a humor wiki? And that not all the blather words we use here need a formal definition? And that, if this one did, it would be better put in our Undictionary: space and not in mainspace? And we don't need to know how many Google hits you got, but what we really need is a belly-laugh? And did you know that someone has listed your page for Quick Administrative Deletion at UN:QVFD? Anyway, happy editing. 23:03 28-Dec-12
- Oh yeah and sorry for stating it was vandal. I thought you were intentionally adding it, I should have considered you didn't know what you were doing/what this site is about.--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 23:08, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That is fellow user Kamek. He should have considered you didn't know what you were doing! Hahahahahahahaha! Ooh, that's virtually irony! Anyway, I have now moved this to Undictionary:Bumtwaddle and reformatted it to fit there. 23:18 28-Dec-12
- But Drakesterling has created it again, bless his pointed head. Also: Do you understand that we don't sign articles on this wiki, only talk pages? 23:23 28-Dec-12
edit He replies
Not knowing how else to contact the incredibly alactritous person who rather instantaneously analyzed and properly offloaded my article, this is the means I have chosen to thank you, for you are (all) amazing. Simply had been looking up "bumfuzzle", got sidetracked to "bumtwaddle", got routed to a UK site consisting of Mensa-level Malcolm's (ref: "Thick of It"), then came to uncyclopdia, which restored my faith in Western Culture.
Apparently my blundering newbie effort was no serious problem, for which I am grateful. I meant well, although as usual I did throw in a link to my site, which you or your machinery may have found dubious either because,
- my html link had spaces in it, which blew everything up, or,
- my site is "free", that is, unpaid-for <sic>, and could be hosting less educational pages than mine,
which I say because FaceBook blacklisted my link based on the host name.
For what it is worth, I think you are geniuses and may all who sail in you whatever-the-Brits-say.
Also, I am not genetically *really really* funny, betimes possibly droll, but you restore the Fear of God to hoi poloi, I bow to your graces, sincerely,
- Sir, thank you. I deleted the link to your site on the basis of vanity. This website is for original humor creations, not a catalog of everything amusing that exists elsewhere on the web, nor especially of contributors' unrelated works. But your contribution will live on in our Undictionary section. 23:59 28-Dec-12
- PS: "Droll" is one of the categories of "funny," and dry humor is equally welcome here, of which my continued residency is testimony. 00:00 29-Dec-12
vanity is correct. not loneliness. vanity. - drake
- What-evvah. Take a look around and try your hand at editing; you may be funnier than you think. By the way, do sign your posts by typing ~~~~ at the end, and the system will give you a free time-stamp. 00:10 29-Dec-12
Drakesterling. SPIKE was correct to delete the vanity link. This is done to prevent spammers using that link to come onto this site and start throwing crap at this wiki. This isn't Facebook or MySpace etc. Secondly, you need to follow the House Rules about formatting questions and signing your posts. So far you haven't done this. Thirdly, don't recreate your deleted article. Go to Main Page-Recent changes-Logs. If you want more time to work on an article, add a WIP tag (work in progress) on it.
Don't sign articles either - that is not the Uncyclopedian policy. You will not be the first - or last - new contributor come here and misunderstand how this website works. I trust that is clear but you are welcome to leave a message on my talk page. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 18:43, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
note from the Future <26_FEB_013> [ drake sterling, author of article except for brilliant "anatomy" insertion ]. The vanity link I had vainly linked to mine own site has been "canceled" by the Free Hosting service, as of 2013. It was inevitable, but I had a long run. Squatting only holds so long, as the <foreigner in context> say. (I'm Scot, hence "The Thick of It"). The site had been devoted to Galaxies, with a secret link to the "Reading Room," and quite frankly it was about time they caught up with me, because it was Memoirs. Ech. To all my fans: [actually a transcendental number but IF...] WE put 'bumtwaddle' on the map.