From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Whenever it is Ladies and Gentlemen and Those Who Are Undecided!
You have arrived at the page of Demimarauder. [noun] Definition: A marauder.
Grumpycat. (See Image)
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Demimarauder, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Demimarauder/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid."
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!21:18 27-Apr-13
edit Page usage
Hello and welcome! This is your "talk page." It's for communicating with other Uncyclopedians. What you had here might go in your userspace (such as at User:Demimarauder/Demimarauder) but as it might be about you, I put it at User:Demimarauder, which Uncyclopedians usually use to introduce themselves. Happy editing! 21:18 27-Apr-13
This article does not seem to be suitable for a normal page. I would make it in Undictionary instead where it would make much more sense. Thanks. Sir ScottPat UnS CUN VFH (talk) 06:31, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
- SPIKE has userspaced your article, renaming it to User:Demimarauder/MUAHAHA. In general, please do not create stub articles in mainspace. Keep in mind that we are a parody of an online encyclopedia, and thus the format of our articles should be similar in format to an encyclopedic article. I liked the smiley face you put on the article though. -- 09:32, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
- (Typed at the same time...) I've moved this to your userspace, where you can continue editing it at your leisure. If you understand that the article is a stub (or, to use the technical term, "half-baked"), please create such pages in your own userspace rather than in the main encyclopedia.
- I've also given it the basic coding help you requested. By the way,
<nowiki>, which you used all over the place, does nothing except disable the special interpretation of some characters, and your use of it on this page was surplus. Also, there is no need for the page name to be in all capitals. It makes it less likely that a reader will type its name correctly, while serving as a giant DELETE ME sign to the site's Admins.
- As Scott says, articles that define a word rather than tell a story are a better fit in Undictionary. I'd move it there but this article, so far, summarizes humor occurring elsewhere rather than adding a lot of value of its own. So keep working on it! 09:37 28-Apr-13
- Sigh! please realize that I would not have moved Demi's page without a redirect if I were not on my way to his talk page to explain to him where it went! And remember that with my T-Mobile USB Data Suppository, it takes me fifteen seconds just to save an edit! 09:41 28-Apr-13
This new article is not yet funny enough for the main encyclopedia--it reads very much like a lift from Wikipedia with a few token scramblings of fact. It will take some time to give it a comedy concept; but you can now take all the time you need.22:09 28-Apr-13
Speaking of sandwiches, this little luncheon bit the dust. It was all rage-rant and no humor. Separately, two of your additions to Undictionary were casualties this morning. Undictionary is not a place to play word-association or invent acronyms; there has to be actual humor.10:58 29-Apr-13
- Okay...? I get that I'm a noob but no need to humiliate me bro Demimarauder (talk) 12:11, April 29, 2013 (UTC)
No, humiliation would be to do it on the main page. I'm just trying to inform you of the deletions, and of the reasons for them. By the way, I can get any deleted articles back, off the mag-tape, if you would like them in your userspace for possible rework.12:16 29-Apr-13