Hello and welcome to Uncyclopedia! Thank you for developing this article in your userspace. A note about illustrations from external sites: Don't just put the web address in your article; use Special:Upload to bring it into Uncyclopedia, specifying what it is and why we are entitled to have a copy (about which we're pretty liberal).
A more important note: If where the article is now is where you intend to leave it, it will be deleted. This site is for original humor creations, not for pointers to funny stuff that exists elsewhere on the Web. The usual thing to do is use your illustration as the anchor for a page on Don Bosco that looks like a legitimate encyclopedia article. (Hint: It would look more like one if the page's name were simpler.) Cheers and happy editing!13:46 22-Dec-12
Ah, I see you have more to say about Don Bosco. Unfortunately, your first edits went into the article's talk page and not into the article. Reply here if you would like help rectifying this.14:25 22-Dec-12
Eh I'm new. Would appreciate some Help.
- OK. Every page has a talk page, where we talk about how to make the regular page funny. We are now on your user talk page. When you write a message here, please end by typing ~~~~, which the system will change to a signature and a timestamp.
I'll move the contents of the article talk page to the article.14:32 22-Dec-12
- No, ignore that, I see you've done it. All the article now needs is...text! 14:33 22-Dec-12
what do I do after i finish it?
- You can go to Pee Review and ask another editor to review it and suggest improvements, or maybe I will. Ultimately it may wind up in mainspace, at Don Bosco, where there is currently nothing. 14:55 22-Dec-12
- I am getting frustrated, as I told you before--it's now in bold.
- In layout, your article is almost ready for mainspace. Again, I will eventually delete "Chain of Schools" from the title; the reader should not have to specify so exactly to gain access to the page.
- My biggest problem with the page is that many things are not quite English. You need to enlist the help of a native speaker to copy-edit the article; I'll go to work on the Intro. Also, it contains many references (starting with "attainment of Mokhsha") that will baffle the typical reader. 11:22 23-Dec-12
- There, your signature is working! (There is more information about signatures at UN:SIG.) I cleaned up the Intro and Section 6. "Alumnus" is the singular and "alumni" is the plural. (It being Latin, there are different endings if the referent is female or a mix.) 11:40 23-Dec-12
- Done. You could have done it too (with the Move button at the top), but I can do it and destroy the old name. 12:00 23-Dec-12
- It is good enough to go onto mainspace and not immediately get deleted. But there is no rush. You need to sleep on this and come back to it. Sometimes you write about A, then you write about B, then you get an idea and write a new paragraph about A, far apart from the original remarks. I saw this in Section 6 and rearranged it totally. The best next step in editing is for you to look at the page "with a fresh eye" later, as though reading it for the first time. Once you have done that, Pee Review is self-explanatory (at UN:PEE). However, it is not as active as it once was.
- One thing to keep in mind is that virtually all of your readers are outside India. I had to follow your link to Wikipedia because I knew nothing about Vicky Donor and I added some words to explain it to the reader (perhaps they will get a laugh out of a "comedy/musical" about sperm donation). Explain things carefully for readers in the wider English-speaking world. 12:12 23-Dec-12
Aah I see. Okay. No rush. Okay just three more questions. Firstly, If I send anyone the link http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:DeeJaay_Batoushai/Don_Bosco will they be able to view the draft? Two, I still didn't get the Move button.. And Last Is it compulsory to create my user page? DeeJaay Batoushai (talk) 12:26, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- The link should work for anyone. However, our host Wikia will first display its new Content Warning so that the recipient affirms he will not be offended by the content. (In the USA this means he affirms he will not sue in court.)
- To "Move" a page is to change its name. However, if an ordinary user Moves A to B, then A is not erased but changed to contain
- Creating a user page is not required but is encouraged. You need not disclose any personal information. Having something there provides an introduction and it ensures that your username does not come up red (a link to a nonexistent page) in your signature. When such a user does anything, we get especially suspicious. 12:33 23-Dec-12
Okay, thank you again. But where is this magical move button? Like I told you I suck at all these. Can't even get a sig like urs....lol! :P DeeJaay Batoushai (talk) 12:38, December 23, 2012 (UTC) DeeJaay Batoushai (talk) 13:49, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- For the third time in this section: See UN:SIG. (Specifically: See Uncyclopedia:How To Get Started Editing#Signature templates.)
- The Move button is in the second line at the top of the screen.
- Your article must ultimately avoid the label of school-cruft. It must not be generic, trying to insult a school the way any school could be insulted. (All the students are gay retards, etc.) It must be based on specific things about your school, but explain the truth (half-truth) well enough for people who don't know the facts. My attempt at this is at Michigan Technological University. I also tried to repair VJTI.
- PS--I have an article on Kerala that is being voted on right now at Uncyclopedia:VFH/Kerala. 15:32 23-Dec-12
- Sorry! School-cruft is a pun, a play on the surname Schoolcraft that combines "cruft" (slang for "rubbish"). It is an insult for a page written because "my school really sucks." Ignore the word, but mind the advice above to avoid writing such an article.
- For new article ideas, go to Uncyclopedia:Requested articles.
- I have not been to Kerala, only to Wikipedia. But if you liked it, you can vote for it to go on the main page. A companion article on whatever Indian state you live in might be a good choice for a future project for you. 23:03 23-Dec-12
edit Can't find anything
- Another user had started an article in his userspace, though he insisted on writing it Kolkata. But he hasn't touched it since June. You might finish one before he does.
- There might be pen-marks all over your screen but I don't see you in the vote or in the list of articles submitted to get a Pee Review. The solution may involve slowing down and following instructions more carefully. 14:17 24-Dec-12
For. 188.8.131.52 13:00, July 2, 2012 (UTC) For. 8 DeeJaay Batoushai (talk) 16:01, December 23, 2012 (UTC) I voted..Also there was an Article in Uncyclopedia on Calcutta which started with:
“ A true city stabs you in the front (On Nano project)...” ~ Oscar Wilde on Calcutta
“They leave me breathless. Even Communist China has embraced Deo, why don't they?” ~ Mao Tse Tung on Bongolis
“Calcutta will take your breath away” ~Pollution Control Board on Calcutta
“The black hole of Calcutta? Oh, I know him well...” ~ Noel Coward on Calcutta
Calcutta is the 'Venice of South-East Asia' during the monsoon. Largest city of Bengalibabu, Calcutta was the capital of the "British Raj", a carpenter who used to sell salads. National Festival is "Bundh" or strike which people like to celebrate every other day!
- The VFH is my fault; I sent you to the wrong place--the first nomination, which failed. The current vote is at Uncyclopedia:VFH/Kerala_(Renom). But I see no sign that you ever submitted anything to Pee Review.
- I found that Kolkata article at
http://www.thefoolwiki.org/Kolkata. Apparently it used to be on Uncyclopedia but it got deleted. (I can see why.) 15:51 24-Dec-12
I voted again.
You should see both the Don Bosco and Shampoo in Pee review now. I resubmitted again. I still dont see why it got deleted. It was good enough according to me. :/ DeeJaay Batoushai (talk) 16:02, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I see both in Pee Review now, and your vote was registered. Shampoo is too much about poo for me, but other users may like it. But you must either expand the lists of one-liners into regular prose or delete them entirely. When you put long lists in your articles, you will spend the rest of your life removing "contributions" from anonymous writers who cannot write more than a single line. You need to collaborate with a native English speaker who could improve some of your phrasings. 16:15 24-Dec-12
- Your vote was the tenth For vote (in excess of the Against votes) and put Kerala over the top. It is scheduled to go onto the main page at 0:00 UTC on Christmas Day. I thank you, and Ranjini Haridas would probably thank you, except that there is no evidence she has ever visited the site. 23:49 24-Dec-12
Eh no need to thank me, I really liked it...Cheers and Congo!