User talk:David Levy
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
"Hello! Why did you revert the reinsertion of my message (which appeared to have been removed accidentally without being read) and block me as a "possible troll"? I went out of my way to contact Mr. Lyons (to reply to his message from Wikipedia, in which he indicated that my bureaucratic "welcome" had driven him away from the project), and I certainly haven't received the warmest of welcomes from this community." [Sent via e-mail by David Levy]
- Hello. If I've blocked you in error I will be happy to reverse the process. However to my eyes it seems as though you are merely continuing an argument from a completely seperate site here, and have set up an account solely for that purpose, hence the "troll" label. Mr Lyons is currently on hiatus from Uncyclopedia, so you are unlikely to receive a reply in any case. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free.... --
- I set up an account because I didn't already have one. (This is what I meant when I indicated that "I went out of my way to contact Mr. Lyons.") I did so because Mr. Lyons announced his permanent resignation from the Wikipedia project, and he seemed to believe that it was my intention to drive him away.
- This is not the case, nor did I intend to offend users of this site; my point was merely that Uncyclopedia (and not Wikipedia) is an appropriate venue for pranks. I sought to convey this with no more disrespect than if I were to advise someone to contribute news to Wikinews or definitions to Wiktionary.
- I assure you that I have better things to do then to vandalize your site, and I certainly didn't register an account with the intention of doing so. I could have simply ignored Mr. Lyons' latest message, but I wanted him to know that my goal wasn't to get rid of him; I actually cared enough to visit this site and address his concerns. I assume that he overlooked my message when he archived the page shortly after it was posted, as it wasn't included in the archive page (which only covered the month of March) or replied to. As indicated in my edit summary, this is why I re-posted it. I'm not attempting to harass anyone. —David Levy 18:58, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
- David, I've unblocked your account. I'm sure Todd will pick up your messages, they are both stored in his message history. As he is taking a break from the site I don't think you'll get a reply for a while. We have many people who contribute to both sites, and, despite the aim of Uncyclopedia, Admins here take their duties no less seriously. :) Perhaps if you get the urge you may decide to contribute some funny to the site. --