User talk:David Gerard
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
How can I get known on this wiki? I'm fairly new, and I've read HTBFANJS and the other book thing, but I'm still new and am having trouble coming up with stuff as well.
- I'm not David Gerard, but a good first step would be to fix your sig. See how this line that I'm on is not where it's supposed to be? That's not me. That's you. After that, try making existing pages on subjects you know or like better. Take your time. Once you have confidence, try writing your own page. After that, the future is your oyster, which is pretty gross if you think about it. 05:20, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
edit Welcome back
That thing I said in the header.05:20, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, welcome back Mr. Gerard. Nice to see you editing again. --
05:24, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I wouldn't go that far. 05:27, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
edit MUCH THANKS--Funnybony 19:14, Oct 23
edit Oh, right.
Apparently I've been forgetting to tell people afterwards - I reviewed Lotus Notes. Yeah, hope that helps for whenever you get back to it. Cheers, mon. 03:55, 28 December 2010
edit Truth Or Not?
edit What the hellcrap?
Welcome back.22:52, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I just stopped by to see if Blind Lemon Kraftwerk had decayed to shite before I linked someone to it. And I see it's featured after five years! I was very proud of that one - David Gerard 23:51, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Now you can never leave, Mister Gerard! Moo ha-ha! 04:34, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hi-hi-hi-hi! You'll never guess what the Jaguars did with the quarterback position since they released you in favor of Blaine Gabbert. They traded for Tim Tebow! Awesome, huh?
edit We love you, David Gerard!
Go David Gerard! Woo!07:23, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I feel love! - David Gerard (talk) 10:37, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Nice Han Solo costume. I take it that's an every day thing for you. I didn't even know they had Snuggies in that pattern. 15:11, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
edit I'm not sure what the previous headline is about
...as I have always found you rather odious and despicable. Dear me, but I wouldn't be touching your talk page right now if I were not possessed of a particularly thick pair of nitrile gloves and a rather long stick.
Welcome back, and thanks for your continuing interest in this website. (You can advertise where you have gone on your user page, but you ought not have deleted the record of previous posts to this talk page, and I have restored them.)
Granted that an article named Asshole Personality Disorder is an open invitation to sprinkle the word Asshole around, the initial quotation that you restored evaluates the humor of the article before the article has delivered any. This is navelism; it is author self-satisfaction rather than reader amusement, and it ought not be the first word. UNQUOTE (a project of Mnbvcxz) suggests that initial quotations should be used sparingly if at all, and should not be a cover to rant or bicker but have a basis in a real quotation, and by someone more notorious than "some asshole". Sorry about that! 14:03 8-Aug-16
- Why don't you look at the history of the article and see who wrote it. It's possible it was intentional - David Gerard (talk) 15:16, August 8, 2016 (UTC)
I did look, I discussed it with Romartus, and your original Edit Summary made it clear it was not an "unintentional" bit of vandalism by Anon. Nevertheless, it is still bad writing, as explained above, and is not a fitting first word for an Uncyclopedia article. 15:50 8-Aug-16