User talk:Cornelius vd
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Cornelius vd, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages that anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and if you click on them, they will take you to another page. This wiki is devoted to comedy. It pretends it is Wikipedia, but we exist to make people laugh, not to bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
- What you can do
You can create an article of your own. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Cornelius vd/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) You can help out without writing articles; just pick articles to read and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, there are ways to help out without writing at all, such as helping us organize stuff and monitoring Uncyclopedia when vandals attack the pages.
- What you need
If you want to write articles, what you need is a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Decide to be polite, be positive and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
Here are some pages that might help you:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help pages
- Our vanity policies: Why we don't want articles about your friends, and probably not about your school
- And, if you need to learn what is funny, what is not, and what seems funny except that it's been tried a hundred times here already, read "How to be funny and not just stupid."
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you, and they are paid twice what regular users are, which still doesn't buy a cup of coffee.
- Several Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users.
- I will be watching this page for a while and will know if you type text on it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read it and tell you whether it's good and how to make it better.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!20:34 31-Jan-13