User talk:Christ on Ice
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, Christ on Ice, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:Christ on Ice/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, How to be funny and not just stupid|this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
edit User Name Like That
edit Message on my old archived talk page
Since I am sure you will check here first, just a couple of points to start. Make sure you leave messages on another user's current talk page and not one they have archived. Also, when leaving a post - make sure you format it correctly and sign as shown above in the welcome message above. New users are encouraged to create an account as it is easier all round to follow who is writing or editing on a wiki site. When creating an article, the options are to leave a template that says you are working on article (the sign that looks like a traffic cone) or starting it in a subpage (see above User:Christ on Ice/etc etc etc.
Articles in the mainspace are monitored as they are part of the main collection of articles here. All users can start something on a subpage which will not be deleted (though if a user becomes inactive for over a year, that is possible). Since you appear to be quite new at writing on a wiki, I can adopt you which means that if you run into problems again, you can leave a message on my talk page. Also, if you want your name to change from 'red' to 'blue', add something to your User Page. This can be about yourself or what you like reading or watching. Links to external websites will be automatically flagged in case you are putting up links to 'Sam's Fantastic Bathroom Offers' or 'Chat Dirty to Sexy Sam'. If you have written articles for other websites, you can put them there to for reference. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 06:28, August 5, 2013 (UTC)