User talk:Breech Loader
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Breech Loader, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Breech Loader/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you. Here are some pages that might help:
Writing funny articles
|Understanding Uncyclopedia: About us • Beginner's Guide • Our projects • Getting ideas • Help menu|
|Understanding Funny: How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid • Funny and not just stupid images • Choosing words creatively|
|What to avoid: Vandalism • Cyberbullying • Writing about yourself or your pals • Drama • Overuse of initial quotations • Overuse of lists|
|What people have asked for: Articles • Pictures|
|Additional help: Get spelling/grammar help • Find or become a co-author • How to write an UnNews • Ask an Admin • Get feedback on your work|
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!03:30 30-Jan-14
edit Shadow the Hedgehog
Hello and welcome! It seems you have figured out the "userspace" thing, and your new article is not exactly the awful version once deleted from this site. In fact, it is not exactly awful! Carry on, then.03:30 30-Jan-14
PS--A couple other things...We don't use =First level heads= on this site; ==Second-level== is the top level in articles. And the theme of rape isn't automatically funny, go easy on it unless it fits some actual joke. Cheers!03:38 30-Jan-14
- Thanks for the Up! And I know rape isn't funny... I was hoping to make it 'funny' by taking it all the way to the other side. Kind of making fun of how so many fangirls think Shadow is so hot. I'm more concerned if I went easy on it, the message wouldn't get through. People are going to be offended one way or another. The article isn't quite ready for review yet though.Breech Loader (talk) 04:10, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
(Please note in the code how I indented your message just now.) I notice that you are editing both your article and your user page, which I thought was a draft copy of the article. What up with that? You are welcome to do that sort of thing on your user page (or anywhere in your userspace, defined above) but don't confuse yourself! If no one is confused but me, carry on.
Again on rape, the notion that a large population of fan-girls means they are inviting rape is an odd and unfunny leap. No one minds if you write about rape, but just be sure there is a real joke behind it other than that it amuses you to do so. Cheers!14:54 30-Jan-14
PS--On "not being ready for review,"
you put it in the main encyclopedia, Oops! No, you didn't! which means it is not only going to attract comments and tags from Admins but it could attract uninvited collaboration from other Uncyclopedians. The copy (?) on your user page will not. If this is a problem, and especially if you are going to take a long time whipping it into shape, keep it in your userspace. 14:56 30-Jan-14
- Advice noted. And obviously it's up to the reviewers to decide when the article is ready anyway. Breech Loader (talk) 14:58, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
I corrected my post above, as you do indeed have everything in userspace. The only reason I'm kibitzing is that it's my job to watch everything that goes on here. So another unwanted tip: Neither Wikipedia nor our cheap imitation would capitalize "The" in the page name. You won't grow a Move button for a couple days; I could rename this for you, but it's not important until you install the article into the encyclopedia.
Other users are able to edit pages in your userspace, but Admins and Patrollers will undo their edits unless we know you invited collaboration. We will also undo you if you edit it without logging on, as it would be unclear who it is.15:03 30-Jan-14
edit Rouge the Bat
Joe9320 is not here often. If you want to take a copy of that article, you may get it more suitable for the main encyclopedia before he does, but don't edit his copy without his permission, please. 04:00 30-Jan-14
edit User Page
- Yes, I'm just touching it up a bit.Breech Loader (talk) 21:34, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
edit Rouge the Bat/Chunkie
I know a guy already made a start. I'm trying a different angle. Everybody makes out Rouge to be a slut, and that's just too easy. I'm trying to go from a different angle and write her out as a porn star instead - these are actually perfectly normal people.Breech Loader (talk) 17:57, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
This is mainspaced and your article is added to Template:Sonic; I reply further on my talk page. This template had a thing on it warning not to use it in mainspace. I think this simply means we had a bunch of crappy pages, and perhaps you could see to the rest of them too.
PS--Please put my welcome to you back on your talk page: Other Admins ought to know that you were officially welcomed (including me if I forget). As it said (before you deleted it!), don't delete other people's posts, as we like an accurate record of who said what to whom.18:03 31-Jan-14
Fellow Admin Romartus confirms my memory that we simply had a bunch of bad pages, and you are fixing this. I have now illustrated Template:Sonic with one of your Shadow photos. As mentioned above, you should take a copy of Rouge the Bat out of Joe's userspace into yours and fix it up suitable for return to the main encyclopedia. 23:26 31-Jan-14
Also see if you can do anything with User:Mnbvcxz/Sonic the Preggo — but note our reasons for deleting it at Uncyclopedia:Pages_for_deletion/archive204#Sonic_the_Preggo. 23:34 31-Jan-14
- First I was planning on creating 'standard' pages for the characters who lack any pages. Maybe then I'll do some hilarious doubles.Breech Loader (talk) 01:59, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
In general, please append rather than replace article talk pages. Here, I guess it's all right as it is all you talking to yourself; still, it might be useful to preserve what you were thinking as you wrote it.01:31 4-Feb-14