From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Berek, and thanks for joining Uncyclopedia! Before editing further, please take a gander at our Beginner's Guide. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, check out the following pages:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page, ask at the community forum or in the chatroom, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, our Adopt-a-Noob program can bring experienced editors straight to you. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! -- 10:42, November 12, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you put your new stuff in the Undictionary? It doesn't look like our dictionary entries, and it doesn't define a word (and describes more than defines Wallace). Your material would fit in the encyclopedia, and the article William Wallace is not in very good state (just judging from the red-links, commercials, penis jokes, and rants) and you might improve it or at least give it more relevant humor. 01:22 13-Mar-14
- Thanks for the advice, Spike! I only realised the main article was there after I'd posted to the undictionary version - I'll see what I can do with William Wallace. Berek (talk) 06:45, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
Massive clean-up so far. The list of one-liners might be deleted entirely rather than repaired; see our guidance at UN:LIST. Don't be hesitant to tinker with the substance and add more hooks to the real-life character (or to Mel Gibson)! I assume by your removal of the link that you are done with the Undictionary version; if I am mistaken, it can be undone or placed in your userspace for salvaging. 13:21 13-Mar-14
- Thanks for deleting the Undictionary one, very much appreciating your advice. I've done quite a bit at wiki, so I know some of the ropes. Talk again soon! :) Berek (talk) 20:55, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
edit Another Scot???
ScottPat and Macboswell are two other Scots who are among our most active users (though I believe the former has finished "descending," as they say). And if you ever feel I am misunderstanding you because of a certain Colonial twang, you can consult with my London counterpart, Romartus. No, I know it's not in Scotland. 22:35 13-Mar-14
- No probs, Spike - I'll drop the two Scots a quick line to say hello Berek (talk) 22:39, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure Macbobswell's from Manchester (or at least dwells there), the user name does not necesarily infer that he is Scottish but I'm not absolutely sure. Sir ScottPat (converse) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 06:30, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
edit Ach aye!
Hello there! I am, as Spike mentioned another Scot, however my residence near London would probably make me a London Correspondant too! You might wish to display either or both of these beauties on your page (the "N" can be replaced with a number 1-4 when editing, to show your capability in the language):
|sco-N||This user is a native speaker of Scots.|
|gd-N||This user is a native speaker of Scottish Gaelic.|
We probably ought to set up a mini-society of Scots on Uncyclopedia to write more Scottish articles. I noticed when I joined that Aberdeen was missing for instance. Perhaps we could collaborate on that! See you around! Sir ScottPat (converse) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 06:30, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I believe another semi-regular user Zarbag has Scottish connections too. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 09:43, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
- And greetings to you, Romartus! I'll just go and visit Zarbag! :) Such a friendly welcome! :) Berek (talk) 23:04, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I have such connections: One business trip plus one weekend home invasion while working in Reading, Berks. And I had one of "these beauties" sitting on top of me during a drive up to Arthur's Seat at daybreak. That'll put hair on your knees! But I won't be helping you edit Aberdeen. 23:21 14-Mar-14
Thanks for adding links to this article. However, looking at the prior text in the region of your changes, it seems that all we are doing in this article is documenting the Monty Python skits. Do you see original comedy writing (value-added) here? If not, can you transform it? If not, should we nominate it for deletion?23:18 16-Mar-14
People who have more edits on Wikia-global than Uncyclopedia (and have more than 1000 edits on Uncyclopedia) and do not have matching email addresses. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 08:37, June 4, 2015 (UTC)