From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, Atrolantra, and welcome to Uncyclopedia! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. If you want to find out what we're about then you can look through these links:
- Beginner's Guide
- Help Pages
- Our Vanity Policies - why we don't care about your friends
- How to be funny and not just stupid
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box.
Don't want to write anything? That's fine, some of our best users don't write articles. Want help writing something? Just ask. Most users here are more than happy to ramble incoherently about your articles or your ideas. If you aren't sure who to ask just choose an admin and ask them.
If you need help, advice or a rotating garden gnome, then you can ask on my talk page and I'll get back to you as fast as I can. You can also look into the Uncyclopedian Adopt-a-Noob program and get paired up with an established editor.
Enjoy yourself and remember the rules, especially the first 3.
- Thanks very much. I'm trying to think up some ideas for articles to write or topics that haven't been covered but I think my first step will be familiarizing myself with the wiki formatting and stuff. I've got some ideas for poems going so I might develop that a bit. I've also looked into the noob adoption program. So thanks for the intro (even though it's c/p but I have to admit that on the forum I frequent I do it too).--Atrolantra (talk) 09:16, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Ditto the welcome. Don't stress too much about the wiki formatting. My web design teacher used to say over and over “content is king”. And then he spent most of the lesson teaching is how to code and nothing about how to write good content. But he was right. You can have the flashiest looking page, but without decent writing to support it, it will fail badly. There are people around here (like me) who can code a decent page, and I'm happy to do a bit of coding - assuming I have time.
- On the poetry thingy - you've already picked up on how to do a header with
== equals signs ==, and how to indent a line with
::leading colons. The other tricks you'll use the most are
''italic'' and '''bold''' text. That's 60% of what you'll need. Images make up another 30%, but are a little harder to pick up on.
- One thing that'll help poetry is
<br>which is your line break. So that:
Mary had a little lamb<br> Because bestiality is fun
Mary had a little lamb
Because bestiality is fun