From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Archives of this page
- (Need to split up your talk page into headings to be easier to refer to)
So this is what we have:
- Culture/Tradition - Cuisine - Football - Ukraine Reversal
- Politics - Parliament - Parties - Policies
- History - (Four eras)
- Geography - Human - Physical (- Animal?(Get the joke!))
- Important characters
- Influence on culture (parody of Wikipedia as they have this section very often)
Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 17:13, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
I don't think it will look right: Culture:
- Influence on culture
Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 12:29, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
- If put here, it would look better if the heading were The military influence. Or have a separate section Military with subsection Influences on the culture. The best organization won't be clear until we see what you've written. 12:44 2-May-13
- PS: For your sections such as Ancient History (1991-1997)--Maybe introduce each one with a name as though it were archaeology, such as "Yanoukovinian Epoch." 13:26 2-May-13
Bit confused there as to what I'm meant to name Yanoukovin (as we've called him (need to check the history mistakes as a lot I copied from original article)). Thanks. Sir ScottPat UnS CUN VFH and Bar (talk) 15:09 30, January 2015
- Indeed, I was suggesting a possible comedy subplot, not hoping to dictate the correct spelling of anything. 18:39 2-May-13
- Scott, I was wondering if we could make a joke about Ukrainian president. The reader might be confused about why we call him Yanoukovin. Maybe we should tell, for instance, that he changed his name from Ianoukovitch to Yanoukovin when he saw that Putin became the Russian president. You can leave this for me and I will add it to the history part. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 10:10, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
Sure. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 16:39, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
Probability theory final
Spike, thank you for correcting my grammar mistakes, that is my biggest problem!
Scott, after your great review I have worked a lot on my article and I think that I have improved everything I had to. If someone has any suggestions about it, feel free to share! Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 12:27, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
Past versus perfect
“Also, in 2000, Vladimir Putin has become Russian president”
When you are describing a single event in the past--which is the case here and which will usually be the case in an encyclopedia, real or satire--the simple past tense is the best. In 2000, Putin became president.
When you are describing a period stretching from a past event to the present, this is when you use the perfect tense: Putin has been president (continuum) ever since he became president (event) in 2000.
When describing a period stretching from a past event to another past event, use the past perfect: Putin had been president (continuum) from 2000 to yesterday, when Russia slipped into the ocean (event), probably to be closer to California, which had done so (event prior to another event) the day before.00:00 4-May-13
Thanks. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 07:15, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
I will try to. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 07:19, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
More on Ukraine (when will we ever get onto a new talk page topic!)
I personally don't like the picture of the supporters of the Ukrainian animal party as although I can see the joke I don't find it particularly relevant (or very funny) and think that there should be either no picture there or a picture that is actually to do with the Ukraine itself. Thanks. Sir ScottPat UnS CUN VFH and Bar (talk) 15:09 30, January 2015
Ok. Thank s for editing 'economy'! I will work on the policies part and I will delete the animal picture. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 14:30, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks. By the way while you are doing that could you please consider write an article for UnSignpost as we need some desperately. Thank you. Sir ScottPat UnS CUN VFH and Bar (talk) 15:09 30, January 2015
I think we are almost done except for language. I don't think we should have an "influence on culture" section or "important people" section unless you have any really good ideas. Once you've finished everything you want to do let me know and I'll send it off to the proofreader.
On the subject of "language," I'll let you do that paragraph. My idea would be to have really bad grammatically structured Russian and then pass it off as Ukranian:
Example: Ukranian: Good the day is too sir you! (in Russian) English: Greetings sir.
I trust you speak Russian to be able to do that. However I had second thoughts on this idea as English people won't get the joke and we are on an English Uncyclopedia so you'll have to think about that one. Sir ScottPat UnS CUN VFH and Bar (talk) 15:09 30, January 2015
Sure, I have some ideas. Yesterday, I couldn't answer your supply for help about UnSignpost: do you want me to write an article for the next one? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 11:38, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
Express Delivery...is not available today (just normal delivery)
I have finished the language part. Do you want me to write an article for the next UnSignpost? Also, I had a question: what happens to the article if it doesn't pass the VFH? Does it immediately go to the Votes For Deletion? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 13:30, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- No no no. VFD is for really bad articles and VFH is for really good ones. As yet I've never had an article I wrote fail VFH although I did nominate BNP and that got hounded down because it was to cruel on racists (well more that the article was too political). If it does fail VFH it either can get Quasi-featured (not sure what that is. Ask Spike) or it simply carries on as a normal article.
- UnSignpost. Please do write an article for UnSignpost and send it to the press room. It has to be a humorous article about something that has happened in the World of Uncyclopedia in the past month (next issue probably June as busy period for me now). Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 16:45, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Are we done? Shall I notify the proofreader? Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 16:45, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. So, what happened this month? Can I write about the featured articles? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 08:35, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Sure, write about anything, just don't make it into an advertisement for yourself. All I know has happened so far this month is:
- I got scolded by Spike on my talk page. (As usual so not really news)
- User:Llwy-ar-lawr set up a new Welsh Uncyclopedia and had a row about Wikia.
- Noob of the Moment finally got touched after a month of inactivity. (Ok, that was self-promotion but still people need to vote for or against or make a comment not just leave it).
- If I may translate: He is saying, "Write about ScottPat"! Indeed, me scolding Scott is not news. The fact that Uncyclopedians learn the ropes is not news. You are free to make sport of me but be sure it is clearly different from the criticism leveled in seriousness; as when writing about races, nationalities, or other issues with strong viewpoints, keep it deliberately light.
- That an article is featured is not news; it's just what we do here. However, UnSignposts always have lists of links to click on, and your opinion that a given page is worth reading is useful.
- The Welsh business is dicy for treatment in the UnSignpost, as a user rage-quitting and blaming Wikia (falsely, I assert), and the re-airing of several old issues, is not funny business. It would certainly do to lead with a classic misinterpretation (including links to view the real news) that this website is about to be rewritten in Welsh and all Uncyclopedians will have to learn a second language.
- Scott, another criticism of the last UnSignpost: Voting on personalities on VFH is something we always fight and will never overcome. While it compliments me that two of my noms have a Reaganesque landslide of 5-to-0, the question of who is the nominator should never be a factor, and listing the nominator invites personality voting. 09:55 6-May-13
Sorry I presumed you wrote those articles as I was trying to credit the writer (didn't know who to credit for Zsa Zsa Gabor). And yes I admit that my last comment was self-promotion. I attempted to tie my hands behind my back when I saw it coming but my teeth still managed to operate the keyboard. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 10:00, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Spike, could you help me about my talk page, please: it has become a real mess and I don't know where to store all the information that I don't need write now? By the way, you have criticized all Scott's topics so I have nothing left to write about. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 10:04, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- You have grasped my true function here. 10:33 6-May-13
I'm not Spike but I might be able to help:
UnSignpost articles can be about any news on the site. Check out village dump.
To clear your talk page: make a new page like User:Anton/Archive1 cut and paste everything here into it and then link it to this blank page. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 10:26, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Ok, thanks! Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 10:33, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I did it for you this once. I like to leave recent topics on the main talk page in case there is more to say. 10:37 6-May-13
Oh, thanks, Spike! Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 10:35, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- ScottPat, please go to the chalkboard and write "hypocrisy" (with s) and "apologise" (with s or z) one thousand times. 10:51 6-May-13
- Sir, if hypocracy were a Form of Government, you would be King. 11:07 6-May-13
Thank you sir. I should make you a noble too. You can be head of my secret police. The Egoistic, Self-centered, Hypocritic state of ScottPat. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 12:20, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- And where should I put my UnSignpost article while it's being created, please? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 13:33, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
I would love to have your article by Wednesday and then I can create an UnSignpost for next weekend. I want to get UnSignpost back up to full speed from being monthly to weekly. Thanks. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 16:49, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I will write it tomorrow. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 18:01, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Scott, returning UnSignpost to weekly is a fine goal for the long term (when Uncyclopedia gets as active as it used to be when the UnSignpost was weekly), but don't push it in the absence of news, because if there is no news, then the only content is to cajole users to do stuff they didn't come here to do; and don't pursue the goal if it risks making you feel you are working too hard on the site (leading to burn-out). 18:12 6-May-13
HI Anton just to let you know that because of your comment on VFH just know and your comments on your talk page under one of the Ukraine sections I thought that I would remind you that VFH is where you vote for the best articles. If you think that the article is as good as it is going to get or good enough to be the best article of the day you vote for. It is not like pee review. Judging by your comments earlier you seem to think that if an article fails VFH it goes to VFD. It is not voting for articles to be excepted into mainspace.
I only say this as you wrote in your for vote on VFH that you think it requires a lot of improving and gets boring at the end. I am not here to make you change your vote and by all means keep it up if you think that your point still stands but please understand the concept of VFH. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 13:53, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok. I just gave a lot of comments because I hope Al will improve the article but I voted for it because I still think it's more good than bad. Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 14:00, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
If you think it is more good than bad but not the BEST then put a comment (abstain) and don't vote for or against. This is acceptable. Sorry to get at you Anton. Sir ScottPat (talk) VFH UnS NotM WotM WotY 14:02, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, ok. I will do that! Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 14:04, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- The ancient Greeks, I was once told, had a fine and workable system under which any legislator who filed a bill that was not enacted was executed. But Scott states it correctly; failing to win VFH does not disparage the article or the author; it only means that users voted that it (in its present state) should not represent Uncyclopedia on the main page. Thus, vote for what exists; if it is not yet good enough, let's put something else on the main page, and that article can easily be renominated later. Sending an article to VFD solicits votes for its deletion, though it might also attract the interest of one or more rewrite artists; and VFD requires that the nominator look through the history for a preferable edition first. 14:28 6-May-13
Ukraine - The FINAL discussion (please book in advance limited spaces available)
The ULTIMATE question:
- Yes. I think it's finished. Also, is Llwy already gone from Uncyclopedia? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 16:14, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Isn't Llwy a girl? She said so on her user page. And what is the address of that Welsh one? Anton (talk) Uncyclopedia United 17:58, May 6, 2013 (UTC)