Hi just out of interest, do you know what stubs are? - seeker
- Usually, they are short articles, but see also stub, Wikipedia:Stub and Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Stub. Angela 07:10, 29 Jun 2005 (UTC)
edit Range blocking
Ugh. Is there a way to block a range of IP's? We've got a user with a Dynamic IP who just keeps changing it whenever we ban him. 184.108.40.206 was one of the IP's. I'd like to ban 85.206.*. I understand that this blocks a TON of users, but it might be worth it to save the headache. I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do. Thanks a lot. --PantsMacKenzie 19:49, 1 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, it's possible. See MetaWikipedia:Range blocks. Blocking 85.206. seems fairly extreme, but I'm not an expert on range blocks. I'd recommend you ask David Gerard who knows far more about these things than I do. Angela 01:54, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot. Yes, It's extreme. I'd prefer not to do it. And I won't, unless a large number of the sysops are for it. It also wouldn't be for a very long time. A couple of days, maybe to attempt to discourage vandalism. --PantsMacKenzie 02:47, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
220.127.116.11: one of a block which traces to RIPE Network Coordination Centre Amsterdam, owning range 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124. My condolences. We had a foo' using that range for awhile over on Landover Baptist's forum. It may belong (in part?) to a service which provides proxy servers for people in exchange for installation of spyware on their systems. Or I may be mistaken on that.
Before I bowed out of admin on Landover (and we miss you, Jack) I kept an offline database of the worst fardwits' known IPs and tried to cut 'em down after one or two posts. But over there they had to register to post, which made it easier. --OEJ
- Hi. Nice to see you over here. :) Angela 05:40, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Great to see ya!! DJ Mixerr 02:37, February 9, 2010 (UTC) User:DJ Mixerr
edit Youre here!
Nice to see you here! This place may help relieve the stress over at wiki. Remember me the guy who asked for help with the Lupang Hinirang over at the Spanish wikipedia? By the way, I 'd like to propose that we change the name of wikipedia to the more elegant name of pancreas........Just kidding!--Jondel 01:04, 4 Jul 2005 (UTC)
edit I care about You
- er.... thanks. Angela 07:10, 11 February 2006 (UTC)
edit A Bother
That's me, a bother, and I'm sorry about it, but I've edited a couple of pages and while I thought I had some idea of what Uncyclopedia is about, I've had some differences of opinion with a sysop and I'd like some larger confirmation of his actions, simply, I guess, because I'm an arrogant new editor, the kind I despise over at Wikipedia but can't help becoming when you give me a new wiki to edit. It's not really my fault is it? Anyway, after considering the Uncyclopedic style guide and checking out some pretty horrendous pages that make a lot of squirrel jokes (Where did the squirrel joke come from, I mean, it's getting to the level of a mid-90's alien joke both in terms of abominable overuse and sheer stupidity...I guess no different from excessive ellipsis dots, but that's my own hang-up) I don't see how my edits are revert material or how this article is somehow a left-wing critique that negates my edits. I've left a comment on Rangeley's talk page, but as he was the reverter in the first place I thought I'd try higher up as well, not to go over anyone's head, but to get a better understanding of the place (as a new Wikipedia transplant, this seems like some perverse wild west to me, with sysops [not talking about Rangeley, but generally] and admins being rare and articles that run recursively wild). Thanks, --TheGrza 08:48, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- As you requested, I've copied and linked the various talk pages here. ~ T. (talk) 15:00, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sure there are enough people in this community to sort this out. I'm not some "higher power" who can tell Rangeley what to do just because my company hosts the site. Have you actually tried to discuss this problem with Rangeley? Perhaps he could explain why he reverted your edit. Angela 23:41, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
edit I thought you might get a laugh out of this
I know I sure did:
Thank goodness that Wikia, and the planet, and the solar system, and the universe are saved, since (caps omitted because they are very annoying) Benson is here!
--Hrodulf 19:17, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
By the way, I noticed from your userpage that you have a userpage on the Memory Alpha wiki. If you havn't yet, you may also want to check out http://asimov.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page, an Isaac Asimov wiki.
--Hrodulf 21:31, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
The plot thickens: Forum:BENSON_NEEDS_SUPPORT_TO_BE_N00B_OF_THE_MONTH. And he got nominated for GOTM, and Splaka banned him for twelve hours. Not bad for only two days on the job. Welcome to uncyclopedia, indeed. --Hrodulf 00:29, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
edit Taking Sides with Rc, eh?
Oh, don't think I won't remember this in the future... Because I will, oh yes, I'll remember.21:34, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
edit On a more serious note
Based on the Tompkins incident, I made a proposal in the Miniluv forum, and thought you might be interested, since I doubt you want to become the nanny of uncyclopedia. I think this proposal, which recommends a vote for banning procedure rather than the current system for most ban situations, would avoid the need for a repeat of what occurred with Tompkins.
See Forum:Who Admins the Admins? if you care to read it. Have a great day.
--Hrodulf 18:02, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- You do realise "the Tompkins incident" was a joke, right? Angela 18:11, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
I do now. And the idea went down in flames (and got me banned for five minutes, of course (and another 30 second bonus ban for suggesting the HowTo admin article)), so back to the drawing board. Maybe I'll write an article called "HowTo:Admin Uncyclopedia" as a companion to my existing Uncyclopedia:How To Get Started Editing. I'm sort of bad at telling what's a joke here and what isn't sometimes. For instance, I suspect Benson is a joke, but am not sure, there are actually people like that. And you already know I thought the Tompkins thing was for real . . . . hard to tell when it's just letters on a screen. --Hrodulf 18:36, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- Just so you know... Angela has nothing to do with Uncyc and merely owns the company which hosts it. Chronarion is the founder and great leader. --KATIE!! 18:43, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- And I know she doesn't have anything to do with running uncyc, I just was mentioning this stuff because I thought the tompkins thing was for real. Although I still suspect that Benson is not. --Hrodulf 18:52, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi! Sannse says you're the one to talk to about establishing a new namespace. Specifically, she said I should gather opinion, and then approach you. I've gathered opinion here, and now I'm approaching you. The response has been underwhelming, despite my whoring it on IRC, but it's been over a week and the poll is 3/4 in favour. Can do?User:Tooltroll/sig 11:29, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- There doesn't seem to be any consensus yet on what to call the namespace. Are people still deciding that or is the discussion over now? Angela 10:37, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Well. . . there's been no new votes or comments in the two+ days since I left the message above, with "UnTunes" being favoured by half the voters. Getting input has been like pulling teeth, so I'm doubtful there will be many more votes, if any. If you'd like to hold off a couple more days and see what develops, that's ok, but I suspect "UnTunes" will be the way to go. (Or we could call it "UnDecided," heh.)User:Tooltroll/sig 20:00, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Famous last words. . . while I was typing the above, somebody voted, giving "UnTunes" a clear majority. That's good enough for me, but the final say is, of course, yours. Thanx.User:Tooltroll/sig 20:14, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll add that now. Angela 04:33, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you muchly, ma'am!User:Tooltroll/sig 08:51, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
edit Jarlaxle Artemis
Can't we just have him killed or something? I'm sure if all the users of all the wikis he's vandalised clubbed together, we could afford a decent hitman. Hell, I'll do it for £200 and a bottle of Jamesons. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 12:33, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
|Hindleyite was throwing away last year's Christmas cards, and|
realised they had
This user doesn't care about Multi-culturalism,
and DEMANDS you have a Merry Christmas... NOW!
edit From me
Yum! You've received a basket of delicious fresh bagels from RabbiTechno!
RabbiTechno 14:27, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
edit MY QUEEN
My holy queen you're here!
edit Hi ^_^
How's it goin'? 10:38, 01 July 2007
- You never return my calls :(
- You have to press the *POUND* key. - -Dial the Gate 23:00, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
edit Excuse Me, My Darlin'
But what in the hell, pray tell, is this » <removed>¿
- <removed>is a strange character that makes the text appear backwards, but not in all browsers. It works ok in Firefox. However, it makes recent changes appear backwards too if that character is in recent changes at the time, such as in the edit summary or page history. Angela 08:37, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
Interestin', now how to stop it? Sort of like Arabic ^_^::
This is coming out backwards for some reason, any way just dropped by to say helloJackp 11:59, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
aidepikiw hsilgne eht yllaicepse sdraw kcab tuo emoc txet ym ekam I nac ot woh* aidepikiw hsilgne eht yllaicepse sdraw kcab tuo emoc txet ym ekam I nac ot woh*
edit Merry Xmas!
|~ Merry Xmas Angela! ~|
--YeOldeLuke 08:00, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
edit I want to be an admin
how do i become one? --Clipspaper 22:15, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
- First, you have to not ask.
- Second, don't try to get Holocaust Tycoon deleted. That is one of our greatest pages. Thirdly, learn how to type correctly. Fourth, you must make countless useful edits to this wiki(not an actual requirement, but it helps). Only then will the community vote on if you're worthy of the position. Then, they force the powers and all of the horrid things that come with it(noobs not shutting up and asking annoying questions, vandals, having to delete crap, etc., etc.) down your throat. --Dexter111344 22:28, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
edit RENAME ME
okay you wish will come true one day لإسلام; al-'islām and beer barrels 12:55, 29 January 2008 (UTC)
edit uncyclopedia effects
I've noticed something wierd about Uncyclopedia.
It seams that soneone who operates the site made the coding like mirror uncyclopedia.
For Example, the "*" thing used on Zork and other games now look like a "°", like in mirror uncyclopedia.
And The Big Problem is, about the external images. When you put a image's Address (URL), the picture does'nt show and it only links externaly!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS A TOTAL MESS!!!!!!!!! Even look at Template:WishAd! ITS ALL A MESS!!!!!!!!
For example, this image:
turns like this:
LIKE MIRROR UNCYCLOPEADIA!!!!!!
ITS ALL A MESS FOR PEACE SAKE!!!!!!!!
So Angela, can you pretty please revert to normal and so uncyclopedia is no longer a total mess and not like Mirror Uncyclopedia!!!! As you can see, dear Angela, many signatures of Users are all messy, as you can see in many fourms and talk pages.
So Angela, Pretty Please revert to normal Uncyclopedia. Im asking you because the staff (like you) can do all of that URL effects and HTML stuff. Thank you very, very much. You know, many plesant artwork and pages come from the external images. I'm asking you cause' I know you and the other staff are kind and generous, and the staff are like gods to us. Thanks.--Fallopian 01:13, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- My userpage, it all ruined! --Toungebud 01:33, 17 February 2008 (UTC) allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll rrrrrrrrrruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
- Oh yeah, we can't just upload all images of the internet! Oh, make sure that Special:MultipleUpload in the toolbox← stays OK ;)--Toungebud 01:33, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- Right button, but too late. :) Angela 07:22, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
edit racist complaint
hi , am new to wiki , i want to report a racism and some derogatory and improper language used in the article 'INDIA' , see sections mating, cricket and others ! if u read through the article and help in removing derogatory stuff , it would be a gr8 help !
- You're welcome to discuss your concerns on the article's talk page but please be aware that Uncyclopedia is a parody site. The information isn't factual. Angela 02:35, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Why do people keep saying that Uncyclopedia is a parody site? --Syndrome 05:03, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, wait. I see why. Someone vandalized Wikipedia to say that Uncyclopedia actually parodies Wikipedia, as if it weren't the other way around. That's the problem with wikis! They're so vulnerable to vandalism, and it's so easy to make everyone believe a lie if you're crafty enough. Well, I'm going to fix the page on Wikipedia. No need to thank me. Just doing my job.
- (I just wanted to say hello and thank you for doing what you do; it always makes me happy to see managers and execs taking an active role in their company's projects.) --Syndrome 05:09, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
edit For info
- I put it back in. Thanks for pointing it out. Angela 02:35, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
edit I hope you don't mind my asking
But what's up with all the people coming here calling you such awful names? What happened? Tryst gone wrong, perhaps?-Sir Ljlego, GUN VFH FIYC WotM SG WHotM PWotM AotM EGAEDM ANotM + (Talk) 14:34, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- Just an epic fail, nothing more. — 15:27, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- Some guy who claims to be "Assaulthead", where such a user doesn't exist on this wiki (from a different one perhaps?). I dunno why he's targeting us, but it's getting annoying. Do you think an IP ban could work? --AAA! (AAAA) 15:11, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- He was banned on a few Wikia sites, and on Wikipedia, and seems to blame me for that. He's been vandalising my user page on a whole bunch of random wikis. Angela 20:21, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
edit Tag Request
Angela, u ned 2 pew pew teh vandals, srs biz.
--Talk 04:41, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
edit 'ello Angela...
...not often we're blessed with your presence over here on Uncyclopedia, so I'm just saying hello. :-)
You might not be Jewish, but that's no excuse to get out of celebrating. :-)